Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2010 TRD Sport, done TSB but is sagging! What can I do now ??!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2010 TRD Sport, done TSB but is sagging! What can I do now ??!

Hey guys, I have 2010 TRD sport, with Bilstein in front set 1.75" and done the TSB in the back. PS: When they done my TSB, they took the Stock TRD shock and installed a black on in its place.
So, I have been towing my boat, causing it to sag some already w only 8 month of TSB done.
I have been reading trying to figure out how to add another 1.5 to 2" to what I have but I only got confused.
Read about 3 leaf AAL, but not sure what there is neither... since i thought the TSB added a leaf...
I do NOT want a leveled truck, I like tail high slant.
Foot note for those thinking about doing the TSB. It helped a lot with towing the boat, but the ride did become stiffer... but not terrible. It again could be due to the "new" black shock the dealer installed with the TSB.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Airbags.

live via
Old 12-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
If you're towing, bags are the best way to go.

Regarding leaf springs: I've been running the TSB springs with an add-a-leaf and they're already shot. The shits are only about 2.5 years old, and have only been lifted a little over a year.

The bottom line is that Toyota's stock leaf packs are pieces of shit, and you need to go after market. OME Dakar leaf packs are rather well thought of.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
They installed the wrong shocks likely those are for base trucks.

Either way the shocks are not really going to cause the height to drop unless they are blown and you are bouncing down the road.

In any case all springs will settle in. Yours might have done just that, most TSB installs have been stated to drop about a inch when fully settled vs when first installed.

I would say to get the correct factory shocks but they are really crap anyways just buy some real shocks.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Even the factory 4 leaf pack sucks , mine came with my truck stock and were flat after a year of using the truck as a truck , I went to the OME Dakars