Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" body lift suggestions? install tips?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
tacomakyle is on a distinguished road
Name: kyle
tacomakyle's Tacoma Gallery
3" body lift suggestions? install tips?

looking to buy a 3" inch body lift and I want to buy one that has a good track record any reccomendations and def. going to install myself , any tips?
Old 12-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Tacoma9396jrc is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
Tacoma9396jrc's Tacoma Gallery
I would not go with a body lift, especially 3", that is too much for a BL. You're gonna sway, your gonna be top heavy, and see a lot of your rails. I would go with a suspension, they'll run you around the same price depending on what you get
Old 12-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a tip, don't get a body lift
Old 12-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 2" Pro Comp body lift on my 1995.5 and didn't have any problems with it. Never extended anything either (dosen't mean I shouldn't have). Here is a pic for reference..truck had a 3" Skyjacker suspension with 2" body

Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Here's a tip, don't get a body lift
x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
as an owner of a truck, whom is repairing the damages of the previous owners body lift, i can honestly say, dont do it.

for a few reasons. PITA to properly extend all the lines, e-brake,fuel, break, shift linkages, and steering. The cost of propery doing it, you might as well of just done it right the first time.

If you dont do it right, your breaks can act up, your ebrake wont work, your fuel will spill, and thats like liquid gold right now, and your shif linkages could break like mine did.

On top of that i dont think theres much uglier then seeing the frame of a truck, its meant to be tucked up and under.

I suppose the ONLY plus side is if you want your truck to look larger, and to other bros it will. but to anyone who enjoys vehicles, even as a hobby, the body lift is an unpleasant eyesore.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
tacomakyle is on a distinguished road
Name: kyle
tacomakyle's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 3" tuff country lift kit allready on do any of you know if I can also add the 2" leveling kit? or is there not enough room to compress the strutts that much?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
No.

/endthread
Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
lol this is crazy. i have to agree with the rest of the guy's that a 3inch body lift would look completely awful.

some guy's who already have a 3inch suspension lift run a 1inch body lift to clear some real big tires 35's and 36's but, imo if you want to go higher and fit a bigger tire drop bracket is going to be a better all around solution for you that and alot of trimming.

although i can see how you could think otherwise a nice drop bracket lift will run you more than a couple thousand where as a body lift is like 100 dollars lol. anything over 1inch and your going to need to do alot of extra work and that means money a lot of money most likely.