Notices

what to do for suspension?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
what to do for suspension?

So without finding a suitcase full of money so I can afford to do a full custom build, I'm looking for suggestions as to what to do for a suspension kit. Looking for something that'll do decent under just about any circumstance (crawling to flying through the desert) without compromising on road ride too much. Already checked out the toytec kits, as well as total chaos and all pro...help please
Old 12-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Better start looking for that suitcase full of money if you want something that will do well in all circumstances.

First off, how much lift do you want? Second, what IS your budget for the suspension set-up?
Old 12-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
here we go again.......
Old 12-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
omg.

whats your budget? Like someone already said, you are going to need a suitcase full of money to be able to do everything well.....
Old 12-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
Like the 10th one this week, and its only Tuesday.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #8
how hard can it be?

i'm looking for 2-4 inches of lift, budjet of around 1200 bucks. just trying to get started with something small. i know spacers in the front and an aal will be my cheapest option, but i want function not just height
Old 12-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
i'm looking for 2-4 inches of lift, budjet of around 1200 bucks. just trying to get started with something small. i know spacers in the front and an aal will be my cheapest option, but i want function not just height
OME is a good kit that is reasonably priced
Old 12-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
how hard can it be?

thats what i've been leaning towards. my buddy has there kit on his 4 runner and has been trying to convince me to do the same
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
thats what i've been leaning towards. my buddy has there kit on his 4 runner and has been trying to convince me to do the same
I have the OME kit on my Tacoma , I'm happy with it .
Old 12-14-2011, 05:40 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Just so you know, the OME kit is a good all around lift but is not a top performer in all circumstances. I'm not trying to knock the OME kit, it's a great lift for the money but your original post is a bit deceiving. If you want to rack crawl as well as take high speed passes in the desert, you'll need a lot more than $1,200. The rear shocks alone for a higher end set-up can almost cost that much but they are adjustable and rebuildable (OME is not). If your buddy has an OME lift, I'm assuming you can talk to him about the limitations of that kind of lift.