Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rear OME n182's and 3" blocks ya or nah

Old 12-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
rear OME n182's and 3" blocks ya or nah

anybody have any input on running OME N182's with some 3" blocks out back? ride quality, etc, thanks!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Don't go with blocks... AAL or new leaf pack. Blocks promote axle wrap and will wear your stock leaf pack out quicker.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i totally would get dakars, and most likely will this summer when i have the money, aal is more likely, i have 2" blocks already
Old 12-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
It you must and is short on cash and already have the blocks then I say go for it but if you haven't gotten the blocks...put that money into a leaf pack or aal instead.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
i totally would get dakars, and most likely will this summer when i have the money, aal is more likely, i have 2" blocks already
Leave it the way it is, don't spend more money on 3" blocks. Save your money and get an AAL or a leaf pack rather than just buying more lift blocks.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
Go Pro Junkie

is an aal something i can install myself? or would a shop need to do it, temporarily I'm gonna back down to 1" blocks and go with a 2" aal, (christmas present) and wait till summer to spend my own money on the dakars. I'm really getting sick of the bro lean and really harsh ride with the stock shocks
Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is an aal something i can install myself? or would a shop need to do it, temporarily I'm gonna back down to 1" blocks and go with a 2" aal, (christmas present) and wait till summer to spend my own money on the dakars. I'm really getting sick of the bro lean and really harsh ride with the stock shocks
What do you have in the front? An aal is something you can install on your own with basic tools, a jack and a jack stand. The 2" AAL will give you a little over 2" at first so you might not even need the blocks depending on what you have up front (hopefully not 3" spacers).

Personally, I'd just live with it until next summer, swap to Dakars, do it once and do it right. Put the money that would be spend on an AAL towards the Dakars. Not my business, just seems like you're spending money on the lift 3 and 4 times because you're being impatient.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What do you have in the front? An aal is something you can install on your own with basic tools, a jack and a jack stand. The 2" AAL will give you a little over 2" at first so you might not even need the blocks depending on what you have up front (hopefully not 3" spacers).

Personally, I'd just live with it until next summer, swap to Dakars, do it once and do it right. Put the money that would be spend on an AAL towards the Dakars. Not my business, just seems like you're spending money on the lift 3 and 4 times because you're being impatient.
up front i have OME 886's with 5100's at 0 to support the arb bumper, and you're right, i am being impatient, i take no offense to that, that being said, will OME N182's work with the 2" blocks i currently have? or are they too long, because even with the dakars i'd keep the OME rear shocks, so that wouldn't be something i'd have to buy again
Old 12-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
While you're at it get OME front shocks if you're running 886's
Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
While you're at it get OME front shocks if you're running 886's
Yoda needs to sell kidney, he does.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
Yoda needs to sell kidney, he does.

precisely, money i have not young padawan! the n182's will be aight with the 2" blocks though right?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sell kidneys I must