Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I'm the TW idiot not knowing what TSB

Old 12-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
I'm the TW idiot not knowing what TSB

Look I'm a dumbass as many of you may know if you ever read one of my threads and I was just wondering what is the Rear TSB Is it a whole new leaf pack if it is , is it better or worse than Dakar Leaf Pack?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
The Rear TSB (Technical Service Bulletin), is an additional leaf that is installed from the dealer to make up for the lousy leaf springs on your truck, if you have three leafs (including the overload leaf), then you truck did not get the TSB. Your truck may not need it because it's an '11, Dakars are far superior to the stock springs.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Okay sweet thanks but my '11 is only has two leafs but I think I'm Gunna get dakars
Old 12-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
FYI

Dakars will lift your rear approx 2 3/4 - 3" , you will need new rear shocks
Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
The Rear TSB (Technical Service Bulletin), is an additional leaf that is installed from the dealer to make up for the lousy leaf springs on your truck, if you have three leafs (including the overload leaf), then you truck did not get the TSB.
No it is not an additional leaf added.
Don't know why this get erroneously repeated over and over

It is a completely new spring in 3+1 configuration. (stock is 2+1)
(3 normal leaves and 1 overload)
Figure on 1-1/2"(+/-) lift

The Dakar is a superior spring.
2-3/4" lift

stock<TSB<Dakar
Old 12-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
okay im planning on putting 5100's front and rear to 2.5 is putting Dakar to "Heavy Duty" for this kind of lift?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
okay im planning on putting 5100's front and rear to 2.5 is putting Dakar to "Heavy Duty" for this kind of lift?
Do you haul material or tow ?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
i ususally put deer feed in the bed that fills all the way around to the top every weekend November-january other than that nothing heavy as that through out the year but I like to offroad a lot but stock isnt cutting it for me anymore I want a bit higher edge
Old 12-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
i ususally put deer feed in the bed that fills all the way around to the top every weekend November-january other than that nothing heavy as that through out the year but I like to offroad a lot but stock isnt cutting it for me anymore I want a bit higher edge
Daks are great for weight , stiffer ride when unloaded .
Old 12-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #10
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
I asked about that when I went in for the TSB and yes, he told me it was a whole new pack.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Daks are great for weight , stiffer ride when unloaded .
really thats good all my friends would make fun of my truck bc i would sag with all the weight and said my truck sucked and I would get pissed but I had no comeback with all my friends bc they all had dualies
Old 12-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The TSB springs suck if you haul , they will be flat in no time .
Old 12-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Okay alright thanks for everything
Old 12-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #14
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
Swampmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Wanting to know the same thing. My 2011 prerunner has 2+1 in back and I tow a trailer with an atv and it sags a little. Plan on 5100s in front at 1.75 and in rear. Will the dakars be too much?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #15
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonkey View Post
Wanting to know the same thing. My 2011 prerunner has 2+1 in back and I tow a trailer with an atv and it sags a little. Plan on 5100s in front at 1.75 and in rear. Will the dakars be too much?
If you have the money to spend then yes they will do great
Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #16
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't know why this get erroneously repeated over and over

The Dakar is a superior spring.
2-3/4" lift

stock<TSB<Dakar
I've been looking/searching TW for that info for a while now on the lift after a TSB. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Settles fairly quickly to about 3/4"
Old 12-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Oh. M'eh. I'm switching my TSB & recently ordered AAL to Dakars. Maybe take a leaf out. Still deciding...
I got 2 3/4" out of my Daks , settled to 2 1/2" with my cap on .