Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

tsb rear leafs

Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
JAMM is on a distinguished road
Name: jim
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
tsb rear leafs

i am having the tsb rear leafs done on my 2010 tacoma . i already have a 2" aal on the rear and 885's ome on the front . will this added lift cause me any problems? also do i just shim up the front end to level out? again do you see any problems comming my way?

jim
Old 12-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMM View Post
i am having the tsb rear leafs done on my 2010 tacoma . i already have a 2" aal on the rear and 885's ome on the front . will this added lift cause me any problems? also do i just shim up the front end to level out? again do you see any problems comming my way?

jim
You probably won't be as high as the stockers + 2" AAL.
I would want my AAL's back from Toyota. They will want to keep the old springs.

Usually the 2" AAL for stock is longer than the 1-1/2" AAL for TSB.
You may be able to modify your AAL's for the TSB springs or sell them and get the AAL's designed for the TSB packs.

I'm at 22" with the TSB's and a fiberglas canopy. You might get to 23" naked, with the TSB's for reference.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
JFLAN thanks for your input . With the 885's i have 3" of lift in the front end and with the 2" aal in the rear i have 23/4" lift. so if i gain 1" of lift with the tsb rear leafs . do you think i'll have any problems
Old 12-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
you wont get a full inch from the TSB pack. maybe 3/4 after it settles
Old 12-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
you wont get a full inch from the TSB pack. maybe 3/4 after it settles
Most people get 1.5 to 2".
Old 12-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
i got just about 1" but it has settled.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
For about a month
Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 AM   #8
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all for your input, so if i leave the 2" aal on plus the TSB leafs , resulting in 23/4 + 1" + or _ = 33/4 lift in the rear do you think i'll have problems ?
Again thanks for your help I realize I'm asking the same question over
Old 12-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

jim
Did you photo or write down the part number of your rear leaf spring before the TSB?

I have a 2010 DC, and the springs don't allow the truck to bottom. I am just curious if there is a difference between ones that do and mine. Did your truck bottom with a load before asking for the TSB? My 2005 DC did, so I know the feeling of one that needs spring help!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:00 AM   #10
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
I did a set of tsb leafs for another member here at my shop, swapped over his 2" aal's, no problem in terms of lift issues, but the 2" aal's didnt want to fit the new leafs cause there are 2 extra brackets on the new leafs that i had to cut off to insatll the aals.

On my truck i have the tsb leafs with the 1.5 toytec aal, it went right in with no cutting and i now sit 3" taller than stock in the rear.

Edit: i see K9cop in here, his is the truck i installed the 2" on!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #11
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I have the pro comp 3" lift. I had the rear tsb done about a month ago. They had to dismantle the tsb leaf pack to get the aal to fit. If not it would have hit the rivits holding those steel wraps around the pack, We did not put those back on either. When all was settled i got about 1/4 inch of lift from the new tsb pack. But then again they took it apart. A toyota master tech here on the site did it for me at his dealership. I love them!! That guy there^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 12-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #13
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
I did a set of tsb leafs for another member here at my shop, swapped over his 2" aal's, no problem in terms of lift issues, but the 2" aal's didnt want to fit the new leafs cause there are 2 extra brackets on the new leafs that i had to cut off to insatll the aals.

On my truck i have the tsb leafs with the 1.5 toytec aal, it went right in with no cutting and i now sit 3" taller than stock in the rear.

Edit: i see K9cop in here, his is the truck i installed the 2" on!!!
LOL!!! Jinx
Old 12-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #16
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
I have the pro comp 3" lift. I had the rear tsb done about a month ago. They had to dismantle the tsb leaf pack to get the aal to fit. If not it would have hit the rivits holding those steel wraps around the pack, We did not put those back on either. When all was settled i got about 1/4 inch of lift from the new tsb pack. But then again they took it apart. A toyota master tech here on the site did it for me at his dealership. I love them!! That guy there^^^^^^^^^^^
Yea Jason told me this story. Was quite involved.
He's had his quota of compliments for the year now.
Good job..........
Old 12-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
OP, good data right here.

1. Get the TSB and recover your old AAL's (or not)

2. You will probably be at 22" + after the TSB and will need more to match (or exceed) your 23" (guessing) in the front.

3. I would get the TSB AAL's from Toytec. They're 28" long and will bolt right in. *Long end to the rear.

Your old AAL's could probably be cut down to fit the TSB packs, but I'd probably just sell them off.

For reference there is 33" between the leaf retainers on the TSB, that is why the ToyTec (Deaver) TSB is 28"
The stock spring must have had more space between retainers because the AAL for stock seems to be reported at 32".
32" into the 33" space would be too tight. You could cut it down but it would be trial and error as far as the resulting spring rate.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #18
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
Good input thanks, My truck was bottoming out that's why i added the 2" aal and the 885 OME coils in the front
So I'll get my 2" aal's back if they don't fit and either cut them or by the 11/2" AAL'S
GOOD DEAL
Did anyone have any problems with 3" or 4" of lift ? , as far as drive train or front A arm travel with 3" of lift
Old 12-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #19

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good input thanks, My truck was bottoming out that's why i added the 2" aal and the 885 OME coils in the front
So I'll get my 2" aal's back if they don't fit and either cut them or by the 11/2" AAL'S
GOOD DEAL
Did anyone have any problems with 3" or 4" of lift ? , as far as drive train or front A arm travel with 3" of lift
Your front half shaft angles start getting steep as you approach 3".
CV joints, CV boots and bearings can get unhappy....YMMV.