Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 Billy lift again

Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
Swampmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
5100 Billy lift again

Guys, got my 5100s and aal in but sent it back. Got overwhelmed by the vsc issues I've read about and chickened out on doing it myself. Since then I've found a shop that will install shocks in coils for about $20 each. Recently read a new thread about getting alignment and vsc recal at Toyota dealership for the vsc worry. Also talked to toytec and they said Toyota dealerships install there lifts all the time. Makes me feel better. Guess I just need some reassurance. Goal is 1.75 up front with aal in rear. Want to keep the rake though. What aal should I use? I currently have a 3 leaf pack. I occasionally tow a trailer with an atv but mainly highway driving.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler Offroad's 1.5" 3-leaf progressive AAL. Smooth ride, worth a little extra $
Old 12-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So should I get 1.5 aal for rear or 2" to keep rake with 1.75 up front. Got the same idea so when I tow I'm not squatting. Where did u get your hibachis and shocks?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonkey View Post
So should I get 1.5 aal for rear or 2" to keep rake with 1.75 up front. Got the same idea so when I tow I'm not squatting. Where did u get your hibachis and shocks?
You can get the Eibachs through Toytec. They provide 1.6" of lift on a V6 double cab, a little more on regular cabs or 4 bangers. I went with Eibachs on 5100's for the front and the Icon 3-leaf AAL (same as wheelers) for the rear. The 3 leaf gives you 1.5" but you can leave the overload leaf in place and gain 2" of rear lift. The ride is great!

Also, as far as VSC issues, they only come into play when you change the tire size. Adding a lift will not mess with the skid control because the truck does not know how high it is off the ground. When you change to larger tires, that's when you need to have the system recalibrated to the new tire size.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just had Eibach coils, 5100 shocks(4) and the 1/4 inch drivers side 'taco-lean' spacer installed today. Almost unbelievably, I recieved exactly 1.6" of lift on the front. The ride quality is fantstic!!

Like Brock, I am going to add the 1.5" aal to restore my factory rake. As it sits currently it looks great; level to the eye. However, I pull a trailer and fill the bed so prefer a 1.5-2 inch rake to that she doesn't appear to ass-drag like a dog with worms when loaded.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
1.5 inch AAL

also i suggest spending the cash on Eibach front springs instead of cranking up the 5100's
Old 12-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #7

Does the icon aal pack bolt to the stock lead springs? Is that the price for both or just one?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does the icon aal pack bolt to the stock lead springs? Is that the price for both or just one?
The Icon 3 Leaf AAL bolts to the factory leaf springs. You'll need to grind off the rivets that stick out the bottom of the factory leaf springs for the install (the rivet that holds the leaf alignment tabs in place), otherwise the AAL will rub on that rivet and the AAL set comes with it's own alignment bracket that takes the place of the factory one.

As far as cost, I'm assuming you went to Downsouth Motorsports' website? If so, the cost would be for the pair and they come with new Ubolts and centering pins.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Bit of a threadjack, I'm waiting the 5100 billies for my TRD. Are there any difference between TRD springs/leaf packs and non TRD? Would you recommend I swap the springs + AAL with only 76K on the odo?

Bit of a noob and I apologize, but my searches have left me empty handed!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #10

Think I'm gonna go with Eibach 5100 kit from toytec. They now assemble shocks in coilsprings so you can just bolt on then get alignment. Around $700
Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Think I'm gonna go with Eibach 5100 kit from toytec. They now assemble shocks in coilsprings so you can just bolt on then get alignment. Around $700
You're getting the full kit with the preassembled fronts and an AAL for the rear? Not a bad deal and you don't have to mess with a spring compressor or reuse parts on the front end.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #12

What about going any higher? What do y'all think about setting shocks higher and an 2 aal. How high can I go before I should put new uca's.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #13
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
the most you can do is set the 5100's at 0.85, no higher with the eibachs!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #14

Are you running that settup? What aal do u have. Is there any alignment issues at that setting with springs? What overall height does that give? Thanks.