Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Blistein @ 1.75 and alignment don't seem right

Old 12-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
Blistein @ 1.75 and alignment don't seem right

i installed the 5100's last night i went to get it aligned today and I'm thinking i brought it to the wrong place! the numbers are pretty off id say here what they gave me after they aligned it... the right camber is way off and they told me that there is no adjustment for camber according to their machine..... am i right or am i wrong please let me know you opinions. and yes that is after the alignment because i told him i wanted a printout of the specs and he didn't print the before . well zoo he says.. maby i should have brought it to the dealer!
Attached Thumbnails
Blistein @ 1.75 and alignment don't seem right-securedownload-copy-2.jpg  
Old 12-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Are those the before measurements or the after?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=TwzteD;4203277... the right camber is way off and they told me that there is no adjustment for camber according to their machine..... [/QUOTE]

Not much to say here; you need to go to a better shop. These guys are idiots.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah your camber is off it should be 0 and your caster is too low as well.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I have a great alignment place . No printouts no problems . Like they said you need to find a great alignment place
Old 12-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
The camber adjustment is on the lower control arm mounting bolt. It's a cam type washer. It moves the contol arm in and out providing tilt to the wheel.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzteD View Post
whats a good number for the caster?
Caster should be above 2*, with Camber at .4* or so.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #13

Quote:
whats a good number for the caster?
camber 0
toe 0
caster 2.4-3.1 depending on tire size (stock size 2.4 and larger get higher specs)
Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Damn so he's way off
Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #15
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Try looking for a shop that specializes in 4x4's or maybe track down a 4x4 parts shop and ask them for a referral, dealers and regular shops are usually no good at this kind of thing.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #16
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Damn so he's way off
His caster isnt that bad for having a lift, and stock UCA's, but his Camber is all out of wack....
Old 12-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #18

Quote:
im not going to damage anything driving it like this for a little wile am i? just tire wear issues?
You may have a little wandering, and outside tire wear.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #19
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You may have a little wandering, and outside tire wear.
keep both hands on the wheel, the words 'wandering' and 5000lbs of truck are not things i want to see in the same sentence!