Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Coil question

Old 12-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
sambojee's Tacoma Gallery
Coil question

I've got a 2006 2.7L 4x4 Tacoma with the 5100s set at 2.5 and AAL in the back and I have stock coils, my ride isint very good specially since I just got some mud terrain tires, I was just wondering what the best coils would be to give me a smoother ride on and off road or if new coils will even help, thanks
Old 12-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Anytime you lift these trucks, the ride is going to stiffen up - nature of the beast. Whether its factory coils compressed for 2.5" lift or if you get straight 2.5" lift coils....they're all gonna ride ROUGHER than the stock truck.

The higher the lift, the worse it'll be.

So, with a lift - you sacrifice comfort.

I had a set of 881 coils (and OME struts) on my 1st gen truck. That actually improved the ride (for me). But then again, the truck was 5 years old ...and had 65K miles on it with original suspension. So..... I can't really say whether or not it'll help you or not. It's A LOT of money to spend to take a chance to change things only to discover that you still don't like it.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Anytime you lift these trucks, the ride is going to stiffen up - nature of the beast. Whether its factory coils compressed for 2.5" lift or if you get straight 2.5" lift coils....they're all gonna ride ROUGHER than the stock truck.

The higher the lift, the worse it'll be.

So, with a lift - you sacrifice comfort.

I had a set of 881 coils (and OME struts) on my 1st gen truck. That actually improved the ride (for me). But then again, the truck was 5 years old ...and had 65K miles on it with original suspension. So..... I can't really say whether or not it'll help you or not. It's A LOT of money to spend to take a chance to change things only to discover that you still don't like it.
Yep thats what i wanted to know, thanks. Im also worried i might have a greater chance of breaking something offroading with this lift...?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambojee View Post
Yep thats what i wanted to know, thanks. Im also worried i might have a greater chance of breaking something offroading with this lift...?
Breakage will depend on YOU

The decisions you make and the style of driving you do....will determine that.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
9 months ago u were really happy........did tires ALONE rlly make that big of a difference?

what did u get?
Well im not really too worried about the ride i was just wondering if i could smooth it out cus ive been making longer trips in my truck but its no big deal. I got the BFG KKM2