What about this setup??

Old 12-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
04PrerunnerDC is on a distinguished road
Name: Bo
04PrerunnerDC's Tacoma Gallery
What about this setup??

I have been persuaded away from spacers. I think I am going with

5100s all the way
eibach coils up front with 5100s at .85???
Firm AAL in rear

wanna run 285 on stock wheel, will I need a spacer? thanks.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
yes you will and new uca's to get a correct alingment
Old 12-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
yes you will and new uca's to get a correct alingment
up to wether u do this or not.... i suggest aligning it, then driving and see if u mind the wandering at all before u buy uca's
Old 12-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
up to wether u do this or not.... i suggest aligning it, then driving and see if u mind the wandering at all before u buy uca's
I agree with trying it stock first. I lifted mine 3" front & back and it still drives fine with stock UCAs with no wandering at all.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
whoa there......... 3" avg on eibachs with billies at zero setting, u rlly wanna push em more?
Ya he's gonna be maxed with the coils alone. He can't set the shock at .85 without problems.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
04PrerunnerDC is on a distinguished road
Name: Bo
04PrerunnerDC's Tacoma Gallery
sorry got mixed up. been looking at all options and thought that was what the billys had to be set at with eibachs for 3''. So its 0 my bad.

Title says What about this setup??
5100S AT .85???

I am trying to find out if what I am thinking is correct. Guess not.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
Have you considered spindle lift? Actually cost just a little more than the set up you have in mind. I would just save a littler longer and eventually save in thr long run. You can use your stock front suspension. Just get aal. Wheel spacers if you don't plan on new rims.
Pro . Higher lift, factory ride, looks cool. Imho best lift for a pre runner.
Cons. Slightly expensive at first. Front end sticks out a little more than the back but to each hiss own.i love how aggressive it looks. I get compliments. so it might not be a con. Lol

Man I like the stance and clearance on your truck.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
Have you considered spindle lift? Actually cost just a little more than the set up you have in mind. I would just save a littler longer and eventually save in thr long run. You can use your stock front suspension. Just get aal. Wheel spacers if you don't plan on new rims.
Pro . Higher lift, factory ride, looks cool. Imho best lift for a pre runner.
Cons. Slightly expensive at first. Front end sticks out a little more than the back but to each hiss own.i love how aggressive it looks. I get compliments. so it might not be a con. Lol

I totally agree........I just picked up a new prerunner today. Going with the same lift you did........your truck looks great and cant beat the factory ride.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PrerunnerDC View Post
sorry got mixed up. been looking at all options and thought that was what the billys had to be set at with eibachs for 3''. So its 0 my bad.
You will like the Eibachs with no preload. Very nice setup.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
619ivanru is on a distinguished road
619ivanru's Tacoma Gallery
can u run spindle lift without upgrading the shocks?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
OP, by your screen name it appears you have a 1st gen. The 1st gen billies don't come with a .85 setting and even if they did you wouldn't want to put them anywhere except for 0"