Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Bilstein 5100's with a 2 inch AAL.?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #21
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Well everytime I called DSM I got no answer but called toytec once and got someone on the line.
The only time we don't answer, is if we're on the other line or not here....

We're here now, feel free to call, or PM your ph# and I'll call you. Thanks.

-Marco @ DSM
Old 01-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #22
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Im not knocking the guys that's why I bought from them, and continue to do so.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #23
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
your comment sounded like they were unavailable at all times.

It sounded like u were putting them down and stating toytec had better service.

if u wanna reword ur post, thats ur call.........but it sounded like an outright diss to DSM to me.

the guys bend over backwards for all of us here.
I agree wholeheartedly
Old 01-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
lucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud of

Army: 13 Fox, FO.  3rd AD, 7th ID, 10th Mtn, 25th ID
lucky's Tacoma Gallery
Marco advised me of the same for my setup around 1 week ago - bump stops and brakeline bracket mod. DSM has seen alot of these, I'm confident in their recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
From Marco a few months back....

"They're not...you can just call us. The more I think about it, the more I think you'll be better off with the longer 5100s. The worst case scenario would be that you'll need to slightly modify the bump stops, to keep the shock from bottoming out before the bump stop does. But I think that's better than running the adapters.

-Marco"

We were talking about whether i should have gotten 5125s or the longer rear 5100s.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #25
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not editing my post and yes I did insinuate Toytec had better customer service, it shouldn't matter b/c they still get my money. Now get off my friggin back.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #27
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
From Marco a few months back....

"They're not...you can just call us. The more I think about it, the more I think you'll be better off with the longer 5100s. The worst case scenario would be that you'll need to slightly modify the bump stops, to keep the shock from bottoming out before the bump stop does. But I think that's better than running the adapters.

-Marco"

We were talking about whether i should have gotten 5125s or the longer rear 5100s.
Do I need to purchase new bump stops? Just installed the extended length ones...
Old 01-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #28
lucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud of

Army: 13 Fox, FO.  3rd AD, 7th ID, 10th Mtn, 25th ID
lucky's Tacoma Gallery
Side by side rear 5100s, regular and long version.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #29
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post

Thanks for the pic. Hopefully this will help put the issue to bed once and for all.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #30
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the regular length ones for awhile and wheeled fine but it did limit down travel. Best thing to do is measure your compresion/extension without the shock and go from there. I got the 9.25" 5125s and added a spacer under my bump stop. Based on the #s a 2" aal will have you close to 16" compressed/25" extended (that's my 3 leaf aal with overload). There's no point in running the shorter one with the numbers of 14/22 unless its for light trails where articulation isn't an issue!

The longer ones look good for a larger rear lift like allpro's standard/expedition pack........that's what I'll probably end up with. AAL will wear out over time and is a very temperary fix. Mine softened up considerably in a year after light to moderate use.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #31
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I ran the regular length ones for awhile and wheeled fine but it did limit down travel. Best thing to do is measure your compresion/extension without the shock and go from there. I got the 9.25" 5125s and added a spacer under my bump stop. Based on the #s a 2" aal will have you close to 16" compressed/25" extended (that's my 3 leaf aal with overload). There's no point in running the shorter one with the numbers of 14/22 unless its for light trails where articulation isn't an issue!

The longer ones look good for a larger rear lift like allpro's standard/expedition pack........that's what I'll probably end up with. AAL will wear out over time and is a very temperary fix. Mine softened up considerably in a year after light to moderate use.

You running a wheelers progressive 3 leaf?

Mines just about flat after 30k of hard abuse.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #32
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, wheelers 3 leaf! Had to add the overload back in and get softer bump stops as speed bumps will make it bottom out!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #33
Ajax409 is on a distinguished road
Ajax409's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Thanks for the pic. Hopefully this will help put the issue to bed once and for all.

I know this is an old thread...any way to tell if the bilsteins I have are the standard or long version? Maybe an overall length? Thanks for any help.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #34
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax409 View Post
I know this is an old thread...any way to tell if the bilsteins I have are the standard or long version? Maybe an overall length? Thanks for any help.
you can PM me the lengths, or the part numbers on the stickers and we can get you figured out.

Micah
Old 06-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #35
Ajax409 is on a distinguished road
Ajax409's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the offer, I will get the numbers as soon as I get home, thanks in advance!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #36
Downsouth Motorsport

shocks

sounds great!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #38
knotty has a spectacular aura aboutknotty has a spectacular aura about
Name: John
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post

is there a way to tell what ones you have if they are on the truck already ? ie stamped number ? part number ?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #39
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotty View Post
is there a way to tell what ones you have if they are on the truck already ? ie stamped number ? part number ?
the number should be on the sticker on the body of the shocks.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #40
SWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud of

SWOreBowHunter's Tacoma Gallery
ttt, any new info on this?

I want to do Icon 3-leaf progressive AAL and leave in my overload spring on my stock 4-leaf pack. It should finish out at around 1.75" of rear lift.

Which Bilsteins should I buy for the rear?