Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2 lifts in 1 truck

Old 11-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
zcolson is on a distinguished road
zcolson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to zcolson
2 lifts in 1 truck

Does any one know if I could put a 3" spacer with an AAL lift in my tacoma and then put 3" bigger coils with 3" shackles without putting a drop bracket in for the front pumpkin? I am also wondering about the A arms and if they would have to be extended?
Old 11-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcolson View Post
Does any one know if I could put a 3" spacer with an AAL lift in my tacoma and then put 3" bigger coils with 3" shackles without putting a drop bracket in for the front pumpkin? I am also wondering about the A arms and if they would have to be extended?
3" spacer with 3" coils would ride slightly worse than if you were to weld you front suspension soild. You would destroy your ball joints, and Cv's. If your looking for a 6" lift, than go with a dedicated drop bracket 6" lift. "Stacking" lifts is a horrible idea. For the rear, you CAN add 3" shackels, but keep in mind, they are 6" long. Better off getting a new leaf pack.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
if u want 6" u need a 6" lift not 2 x 3" lifts. u cant do it.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
With 3" coils & 3" spacer (assuming it's mounted inside the coil assembly) will never work. The mounting location on the strut tube will break. They're not built to handle that much pressure. I've seen it happen with only 2.5" coils and a 1" spacer.

If you want 6" lift - buy a 6" lift kit.