Blocks or Add a leaf?

Old 11-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Its For Sale. :(
08toyoamn will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Loadmaster, McChord AFB, WA.
Name: Ryan
08toyoamn's Tacoma Gallery
Blocks or Add a leaf?

i am going to buy a 3" TOYOTEC lift, and they offer rear blocks or add a leafs. my question to all of you is what do you think is better and a smoother ride... and the best quality... i am looking for quality and performance.

thanks for the help.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
AALs are better than blocks by far, it'll give you a bit stiffer ride, but not too much. Blocks will give you axle wrap, not good.

edit: the best quality would be to get new coilover shocks with new leaf packs that give you a lift.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
AALs are better than blocks by far, it'll give you a bit stiffer ride, but not too much. Blocks will give you axle wrap, not good.

edit: the best quality would be to get new coilover shocks with new leaf packs that give you a lift.
x2
Old 11-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin101 View Post
x2
X3
Old 11-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
x3
x4 :d
Old 11-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #7
Its For Sale. :(
08toyoamn will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Loadmaster, McChord AFB, WA.
Name: Ryan
08toyoamn's Tacoma Gallery
thanx for the help and incite everybody ...!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
wow is on a distinguished road
wow's Tacoma Gallery
does a 1998 toyota tacoma qualifie for the add a leaf TSB???
Mike
Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow View Post
does a 1998 toyota tacoma qualifie for the add a leaf TSB???
Mike

Uhhhhh, no, but it should.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:26 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Blocks are really bad especially if you go offroad.

I've seen atleast 3 blocks fly out of a vehicle because they broke in half while the axle was under torque. One paticular situation.... if the airborne piece was 3" higher, it would've castrated a guy.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:41 AM   #11
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
^ouch.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
Those are not my pants
dw77x is on a distinguished road

dw77x's Tacoma Gallery
I love my AAL on my TSB springs, nice truck ride no more soft squishy feel.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #13
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 05 and i havent got my TSB done although i should have. But i dont have a squishy or harsh ride. I am going to AAL though. Next on my list.