Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma Spring refurbishing

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #2301
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCprerunner View Post
Question out of ignorance. By adding a leaf the ride will get stiffer right? I am wanting a softer off road ride but my jaring is cause from hitting the bumps... So if I need to add lift to get around this and not just stiffen the spring? Looking for pointers cause I want a better ride at higher speeds on unmaintained roads
My pack is stiffer (added 2 leafs) but it's still pretty soft, especially at speed, over speed bumps it's stiff, but I can haul down a wash-board dirt road at 30 MPH and it's my front suspension that's lacking.

My stock suspension would break loose at about 25 MPH, and you'd have to put it in 4x4 for control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams63 View Post
where are you guys getting your spring clamps from? or are most of you not running them. also is there any certain spot they should go?
I got 3 of mine from Doug (you need 4 for 2 leaf packs), they're just plate steel that's cut into little rectangle (approximately 2.5''x4'')l with some all-thread with a nut welded on one end to tie it together.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #2302
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
here are my TSB leafs..what can you do?

Old 04-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #2303
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Doug can do just about anything with the leafs (up to 4'' of lift) as long as the main leaf isn't bent (not likely with the age and how they look)
Old 04-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #2304
williams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: chili
williams63's Tacoma Gallery
yeah ben waiting on them. all that's left to put my lift on and i don't really want to put the leafs on with out them.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #2305
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I got 3 of mine from Doug (you need 4 for 2 leaf packs), they're just steel bar stock that's cut into little rectangle (approximately 2.5''x4'')l with some all-thread with a nut welded on one end to tie it together.
FIFY
Old 04-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #2306
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams63 View Post
yeah ben waiting on them. all that's left to put my lift on and i don't really want to put the leafs on with out them.
Finally got some plates , yours & another members going out probably tuesday, sorry for the delay fred.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
FIFY

& whats wrong with that ???....
Old 04-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #2307
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There was nothing really wrong with it, except that it's a lot easier to make them out of bar than a piece of plate.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #2308
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
can i buy some leaves off someone for this mod? i can't find anything!
Old 04-27-2014, 11:59 PM   #2309
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There was nothing really wrong with it, except that it's a lot easier to make them out of bar than a piece of plate.

prove it.....

Old 04-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #2310
Backdoor Commentator

It's easier to make one cut than two or three.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:07 AM   #2311
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's easier to make one cut than two or three.

Even easier still is having Tyler of Pelfreybilt offroad just punch out 500 plates & being within 20 miles to have him drop them off...
Old 04-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #2312
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Even easier still is having Tyler of Pelfreybilt offroad just punch out 500 plates & being within 20 miles to have him drop them off...
So that's why they're so professional looking.
You definitely did the welding on the 2 cut pieces of all-thread though.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #2313
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Pulling them out of a jet or burn tank would be the way to go, but I don't have one of those in the shop.

I do have some bar stock, though.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:05 AM   #2314
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
So that's why they're so professional looking.
You definitely did the welding on the 2 cut pieces of all-thread though.

Thanks for the compliment Jake.....kiss my ass HA!....

Quote:
Pulling them out of a jet or burn tank would be the way to go, but I don't have one of those in the shop.

I do have some bar stock, though.

Oh hell ya, , Tyler has one hell of a shop... go there every chance i get....
Old 04-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #2315
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Wish mine were welded on one end
Old 04-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #2316
ultrarnr is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
ultrarnr's Tacoma Gallery
subd for reference
Old 04-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #2317
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellassaiw10 View Post
Short of welding, a permanent threadlocker does a good job.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #2318
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellassaiw10 View Post
Mike will never let me live this down.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrarnr View Post
subd for reference
Don't forget the random nonsense also....

Quote:
Short of welding, a permanent threadlocker does a good job.

I stand behind my popcorn beads ding dong....
Old 05-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #2319
DUCKSHOT is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
DUCKSHOT's Tacoma Gallery
Going to the JY to hunt for leaf packs today!!

Products Discussed in this Thread