Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma Spring refurbishing

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #41
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good brotha
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #42
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalMan22 View Post
Looks good brotha
Steven !!! just the guy I'm looking for !!

how are you my friend ??

I need to PM ya about a couple things maybe you can help with....
Old 12-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #43
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PM'D brotha
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #44
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM'D brotha
Right?

Doug, I'm going to need to get up a couple inches more too!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #45
Founder Socaltacomas.com

lol asking Doug for a couple inches wont help maybe Ron Jeremy can help?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #46
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Right?

Doug, I'm going to need to get up a couple inches more too!
Maybe tie it off to a hook on the ceiling overnight and stretch it out ?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #47
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Did you pick up mine today as well?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #48
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
Damn tranny Canadjuns.

Go ask Oz about how to make it bigger, I don't have that problem.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #49
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol asking Doug for a couple inches wont help maybe Ron Jeremy can help?
man thats a hell of a way to lose your Avocado status, & you were so close too !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
tie it in a knot, or tie it in a bow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Did you pick up mine today as well?
you KNOW you're locked in buddy... doing Chris's truck tomorrow, getting the rest of my springs hopefully too , if not then Sat. for sure
Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #50
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Lmao doug i tried man
Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #51
Mob parking lots.

Where are you getting all of these damn leaf springs from anyway?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #52
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
man thats a hell of a way to lose your Avocado status, & you were so close too !!!

tie it in a knot, or tie it in a bow.....

you KNOW you're locked in buddy... doing Chris's truck tomorrow, getting the rest of my springs hopefully too , if not then Sat. for sure

Thanks dood. I decided on shocks and brake line relocation bracket from jerry and i decided on the front
Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #53
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
Lmao. I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #55
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
4WD,

Hopefully this is not too far off subject. I read on the posts about aligning the rear axle after adding / changing leaves. What do you actually align? Short of beating something with a sledge hammer, how would you align or change a dimension. The axle / spring assembly is held in fixed points by the spring hangers. If you only disassemble one side at a time, nothing should change. Am I missing something?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #56
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Damn tranny Canadjuns.
Nope, Vancouver USA.....Vancouver, WA is just across the Columbia from Portland, OR.

'Merican Tranny
Old 12-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #57
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Nice leafs Douggie and great work. When do Ya think your gonna be able to throw in another leaf on my pack you already built?
Mathew !!! waaaazup brudda ?? When I can get you to stop long enough to throw one in doode ... been wanting to for almost a year now, but since your here can you tell the members here that can read how your springs have held up ??

& where the hell is the mad mezkin at ?? He showed up last night long enough to say "shut up bitch" & never came back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
4WD,

Hopefully this is not too far off subject. I read on the posts about aligning the rear axle after adding / changing leaves. What do you actually align? Short of beating something with a sledge hammer, how would you align or change a dimension. The axle / spring assembly is held in fixed points by the spring hangers. If you only disassemble one side at a time, nothing should change. Am I missing something?

oh no not off topic at all, when you lift the rear , usually all that changes is the drive line angle between the drive shaft & the yoke that hangs off the rear diff. To correct this you use small,thin shims that taper the relation back into alignment to avoid vibrations common after a lift. you can change one side at a time with no adverse reactions, & sounds like you've got it covered..
Old 12-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #58
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
For all you who are so unable to read! I was the first person beside Doug himself to recieve a set of his rebuilt Stock toyota leafs and ill tell you they are the best dam stock refurbs i have ever ridden on. The have been on for a year now and have held up great. no sag what so ever in them and i beat the living shit outta my truck. That being said. if you want your rearend leveled and back to where it should be go see OMD He will taker care of you and even curse at you from time to time. No but seriously, they have been the best leafs i have felt in a long time. Someone told me that they road in a truck with the All pro 3" leaf pack and mine rides much better and didnt bottom out where his truck did. So id say that they are way better than stock and even better than some of the replacement leafs on the market.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #59
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
4WD,

Thanks, I was wondering how I was going to get a good swing with the 5# sledge hammer while laying on the ground. I was all set to practice my swing on a Dodge or some such no value truck.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #60
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
For all you who are so unable to read! I was the first person beside Doug himself to recieve a set of his rebuilt Stock toyota leafs and ill tell you they are the best dam stock refurbs i have ever ridden on. The have been on for a year now and have held up great. no sag what so ever in them and i beat the living shit outta my truck. That being said. if you want your rearend leveled and back to where it should be go see OMD He will taker care of you and even curse at you from time to time. No but seriously, they have been the best leafs i have felt in a long time. Someone told me that they road in a truck with the All pro 3" leaf pack and mine rides much better and didnt bottom out where his truck did. So id say that they are way better than stock and even better than some of the replacement leafs on the market.
thanks for the endorsement buddy !! thats why I had you run them, you hit it harderr than everyone else here in SD (except greg maybe
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
4WD,

Thanks, I was wondering how I was going to get a good swing with the 5# sledge hammer while laying on the ground. I was all set to practice my swing on a Dodge or some such no value truck.
no worries, save your hammer for tuneups..heheh

Products Discussed in this Thread