Notices

Tacoma Spring refurbishing

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #721
SpacemanSpiff02 is on a distinguished road

SpacemanSpiff02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Thats great dude !!!! Congrats on what will be THE single best suspension MOD going for the $$$...!!..

I'm going down to my garage in a bit & I'll get you the dimensions if ya want....

& remember to post up results here so I can add you to the list of users...
I would love to have those dimensions! Hopefully they will help me from screwing something up! haha. I'll get some pics of it once its all done
Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #722
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff02 View Post
I would love to have those dimensions! Hopefully they will help me from screwing something up! haha. I'll get some pics of it once its all done

Ok here ya go, You'll want to measure from the end of bottom OEM leaf as shown, cut approx. 3.75" off the ends of the first donor leaf..

Old 06-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #723
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok here ya go, You'll want to measure from the end of bottom OEM leaf as shown, cut approx. 3.75" off the ends of the first donor leaf..

You get my PM?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #724

Quote:

So do I keep the oem leaf pack and add on to it? I thought the only one that I keep is the main leaf.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #725
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the process of doing this as well. My understanding is that you can build off the factory pack or you can single out the main leaf and build off that. For the cut length, just measure the space between the stock ones and continue that same length until you have finished adding all the leafs that you want or run out of space. Which ever comes first.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #726
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
You get my PM?
Just now seeing it Derek & will get back with you shortly...

Quote:
So do I keep the oem leaf pack and add on to it? I thought the only one that I keep is the main leaf.
Generally adding to the current leaf pack is the way I do it but removing all but main leaf is another way to go especially for building a more "aggressive spring" . that said, you can usually attain the same results ride quality wise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
I'm in the process of doing this as well. My understanding is that you can build off the factory pack or you can single out the main leaf and build off that. For the cut length, just measure the space between the stock ones and continue that same length until you have finished adding all the leafs that you want or run out of space. Which ever comes first.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You got it....
Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #727

So out of these two option, building off main leaf of adding leafs, which one is better? Or what are the different characteristics of the two?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #728
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So out of these two option, building off main leaf of adding leafs, which one is better? Or what are the different characteristics of the two?

Well if your building off just the main , you can add 3 or 4 donor springs (or more) but remember this is for building a more aggressive spring..

Like I mentioned many pages ago, the first 2" of the stock leafs gives a nice comfortable ride, anything beyond that sucks... too soft, too spongy, bottom out.. etc;

If I were you , I'd just add the 2 per side.....
Old 06-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #730
Phslion is on a distinguished road
Name: Ian
Phslion's Tacoma Gallery
So your doing this for people then? whats the rate?

I have a 2000 Tacoma SR5 Regualr cab and the rear is saggin with my shell and shocks are all wornout. was going to throw some 881 and bilstien 5100s on the front hoping for 2" lift and have some adjustability. and need to help rear out to match.

It sounds simple enough but depending on cost i might just have you do it.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #731
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phslion View Post
So your doing this for people then? whats the rate?

I have a 2000 Tacoma SR5 Regualr cab and the rear is saggin with my shell and shocks are all wornout. was going to throw some 881 and bilstien 5100s on the front hoping for 2" lift and have some adjustability. and need to help rear out to match.

It sounds simple enough but depending on cost i might just have you do it.

its pretty straight forward install wise, & yeah I've put together a couple spring kits for members & currently get $225.00 per kit & it comes with most of what you need. (with the exception of extended shocks/brake line & BPV relocation bracket, Jerry (JLee) has an excellent bracket he sells here onsite
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #733
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Hey doug what about an 05 tundra? What width are they? My dad just got one and they are sagging due to the load and the passenger side is 1 1/2" lower....
Old 06-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #734
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Are 1st and 2nd gen leaf packs interchangeable ?
Old 06-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #735
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No. The 1st gens are not equal distance from center pin. 2nd gen are equal distance from center pin.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #736
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
No. The 1st gens are not equal distance from center pin. 2nd gen are equal distance from center pin.
Thank you
Old 06-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #737

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you
Anytime.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #738
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey doug what about an 05 tundra? What width are they? My dad just got one and they are sagging due to the load and the passenger side is 1 1/2" lower....
Hmm , good question Chris, smart money says they're probably the same width wise , I 'll check that so we'll both know...

Quote:
Hi OZ

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you
Quote:
Anytime.
Just ask my answer man Chris.....
Old 06-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #739
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
HIA DOUGLASYS
Old 06-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #740
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
HIA DOUGLASYS

Back at ya Connor, whats crackin' buddy ??

Oh , that trail you were on was loaded with diff eating rocks dude, gonna have to armor that shit up huh.....

Products Discussed in this Thread