LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma Spring refurbishing

Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #1802
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit Doug..

I'm a convert! Ride is awesome, but - it was a mofo to get everything lined up just right again. Those new bushings on the driver end of things tend to be a pain in the ass to get into the spring hangers.

Haven't had a chance to test flex yet, going to get my extended brake lines on tomorrow/weld bump stops/trim u-bolts...

Had a few beers to reward myself tonight..

Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #1804
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Holy shit Doug..

I'm a convert! Ride is awesome, but - it was a mofo to get everything lined up just right again. Those new bushings on the driver end of things tend to be a pain in the ass to get into the spring hangers.

Haven't had a chance to test flex yet, going to get my extended brake lines on tomorrow/weld bump stops/trim u-bolts...

Had a few beers to reward myself tonight..

good job Jake !!...nice , even ARC.... good stance....

If you do this again, next time slightly spread your front hangers, it'll help tons....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Any word on the stickers yet?
Sadly no not yet, been very busy with my moms health issues
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #1806
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm looking for 2-2.5 inches of lift, would you suggest keeping the 2 main Toyota springs and adding 2 more or keeping just the main spring and adding 3?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #1807
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
If I'm looking for 2-2.5 inches of lift, would you suggest keeping the 2 main Toyota springs and adding 2 more or keeping just the main spring and adding 3?
Keeping it simple, you can add just 2 to existing leaf pack, keep in mind that the amount of lift you get is relative to the amount of ARC the donor springs are, generally 2 nicely ARC'd donor springs yield 2.5"-3" of lift

& this is without the overload spring
Old 07-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #1808
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Keeping it simple, you can add just 2 to existing leaf pack, keep in mind that the amount of lift you get is relative to the amount of ARC the donor springs are, generally 2 nicely ARC'd donor springs yield 2.5"-3" of lift

& this is without the overload spring
Thanks for the quick response! Yeah I am wanting to keep it simple. Trying to get rid of my 2in blocks that I have now. I will definitely be visiting a junkyard here soon! You the man!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #1809
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
OMD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFNZj...QCpzQ5DFgTbapw
Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #1810
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
OMD leafs 2gen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIHO...=TLW2RmJBVZZd4
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #1812
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
Thanks for the quick response! Yeah I am wanting to keep it simple. Trying to get rid of my 2in blocks that I have now. I will definitely be visiting a junkyard here soon! You the man!

sure thing & yep kiss the blocks goodbye....
Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #1813
Kurupt is on a distinguished road
Navy: Corpsman
Name: Max
Kurupt's Tacoma Gallery
Do you currently have any leaf packs for sale?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #1814
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt View Post
Do you currently have any leaf packs for sale?

I'm getting ready to build a "bolt on" set of springs for a 2nd gen, just on the fence about using 5 or 6 springs per side
Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #1816
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Flex..

They're awesome, Doug! Might throw another leaf in eventually, hoping to get on the road to Or-ee-gone to go wheeling for a week by 10 AM tomorrow, not going to have time before my trip.

One of the best mods ever..

Still have to fab up some spring clamps, just ran out of time..

I'll buy ya a beer if I'm ever down your way.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #1817
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Flex..

They're awesome, Doug! Might throw another leaf in eventually, hoping to get on the road to Or-ee-gone to go wheeling for a week by 10 AM tomorrow, not going to have time before my trip.

One of the best mods ever..

Still have to fab up some spring clamps, just ran out of time..

I'll buy ya a beer if I'm ever down your way.

I can def. tell your stuffed under the well... nice !! & hell yea !!...
Old 07-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #1819
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
Working on getting mine cut.

Nice !!..... I gotta get another chop saw Wheres that eye protection son ??
Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #1820
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a couple local guys jump ship & go another route looking for the mythical "perfect spring" & thats fine, it just motivates me to come up with something that blows everything else out of the water, so with that , stick around & see what I come up with....that is all....

Products Discussed in this Thread