Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid-travel setup

Old 12-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mid-travel setup

I have been searching an researching a mid travel setup that will be daily driven.
I intend to wheel but nothing extreme. I am a little unsure of whats too much for me and whats not enough, I'm also going for the front wider fenders.
I understand I will need new ucas as I am a 4x4.
Here my current list
-Ucas, not sure of what brand will work. I was looking into camburg and spc
-Coil overs, not sure if Remote Reservoirs are needed also the size?.
-Wheel spacers, I understand they put more wear on certain parts but I want to be able to fill out the wide fenders.
-Rear shocks, I have no idea what would suite my needs.
I am going for a basic mid travel setup that will be daily driven.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going a basic set up you could just do bilstein 5100's with eibach coil overs with 5100 bilsteins in the rear with an AAL. And camburg UCA would work perfect. People in the baja 1000 run wheel spacers, nothing wrong with them.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
why do you think you need wheel spacers, what are the current wheels that you have now..particularly the back spacing?

UCA's come down to what you prefer as they are good quality

i would suggest in getting front coil overs with a reservoir- at a later time you'll have buyers remorse if you hadn't got them.

any top brand for the rear, again all good quality. i would recommend something with a reservoir. the rear ends of our taco's needs all the help they can get
Old 12-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have Trd sport rims I intend to use. I just do not want the fenders not to be filled out.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Just make sure if you get UCA's that you get extended travel coilovers to utilize the extra travel you can get out of the UCA. If you are getting coilovers I would definetly spend alittle extra money for coilover with ressies.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
Petrol head

Im currently looking at getting camburg 1" uniball ucas from a member on here
Old 12-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
my set up, Icon exteneded travel remote resi's, TC UCA's,

Old 12-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Im currently looking at getting camburg 1" uniball ucas from a member on here

im very happy with my camburgs. I have fox RR but im a first gen.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #9
Petrol head

Ill see if I can get resi's but no guarantee, is there a huge difference?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Ill see if I can get resi's but no guarantee, is there a huge difference?

for high speed yes for anthing else not so much. If you plan on keeping the setup for awhile you are spending enough that for the little added cost its worth it. Also you wont regret not getting ressies the first time.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
Petrol head

Is there a limit to how big of wheel spacers I can use until it gets unreliable? I was planning on some 1.5-2 in spacers
Old 12-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
Petrol head

bump....
Im getting some camburg 1" ucas from a member on here
Old 12-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
If you're going a basic set up you could just do bilstein 5100's with eibach coil overs with 5100 bilsteins in the rear with an AAL. And camburg UCA would work perfect. People in the baja 1000 run wheel spacers, nothing wrong with them.
You might be ok just going with Supra's suggestion and save ALOT of money if you do not plan on wheelin much, mid travel might be overkill, but it is best to do it right the first time instead of having to do it again, I plan on getting Icon RR ext travel all around with Dakars leafpack and AP 2in Fenders, probably CB UCAs as well. Good luck!!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure why you want LT fenders on a MT setup... doesn't make sense to buy spacers just so you can fill out LT fenders....if you had lowers and extended half-shafts it would make more sense...
Old 12-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #15
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Hey sloan If you decide to use wheel spacers i just got new rims and im selling mine. I have a pair of 1.25" hub centric with extended nuts for thicker alloy rims from allpro. Only 2-3k miles of use on em.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Not sure why you want LT fenders on a MT setup... doesn't make sense to buy spacers just so you can fill out LT fenders....if you had lowers and extended half-shafts it would make more sense...
^^^^ On a side note. I was cleaning shit from christmas and can you guess what I stumbled across?
Old 12-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #17
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
with just coilovers i was rubbing alot while offroading and i know a couple of my buddies are full mid travel and got glass to eliminate rubbing. Its also easier to clear bigger tires. I was able to clear my 35s with a tiny bit of rubbing with my coilovers set at 2.5", afterwards i got spindles which filled in the fenders very nicely.
i run spacers and it looks wider than the fenders at ride height. Btw im running fiberwerx 6" fenders and i have coilovers, spindles, and spidertrax.
OP isnt getting 6" fenders im sure hes getting glassworks 4" fenders which are very easily to fill.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
with just coilovers i was rubbing alot while offroading and i know a couple of my buddies are full mid travel and got glass to eliminate rubbing. Its also easier to clear bigger tires. I was able to clear my 35s with a tiny bit of rubbing with my coilovers set at 2.5", afterwards i got spindles which filled in the fenders very nicely.
i run spacers and it looks wider than the fenders at ride height. Btw im running fiberwerx 6" fenders and i have coilovers, spindles, and spidertrax.
OP isnt getting 6" fenders im sure hes getting glassworks 4" fenders which are very easily to fill.
Makes sense, I've been contemplating 35's myself, didn't realize glass would work for that.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
^^^^ On a side note. I was cleaning shit from christmas and can you guess what I stumbled across?
What?

I want the wide fenders for looks I will admit it and also for big tires.
I thought about getting billies but I do plan to wheel. I will also be getting the 4" fenders, 6" would be over kill for what I want to do.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #20
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Makes sense, I've been contemplating 35's myself, didn't realize glass would work for that.
yeah once i got glass it gave about 1.5-2" of clearance, then i got the cab mount chopped completely and i bearly rubbed at full lock at an angle.