Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Total Chaos vs. Light Racing upper control arms...

Old 11-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Question Total Chaos vs. Light Racing upper control arms...

I'm trying to figure out which UCA's to get for my truck but can't decide. I already got everything I need to get my lift done but now I want a set of UCA's. I only use my truck for general purposes and mostly for eyes only and don't do much off-roading at all. So which UCA's would be a better application for me. I know the Light Racing UCA's are about $200 cheaper then the TC's. I'm just trying to get some feedback with people that have knowledge of either product or own either product to help me decide.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
TC's!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Talking

HAHA chris I already know what you like!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.

Talking

Well never mind guys. I already ordered the total chaos UCA's!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
Squaretail is on a distinguished road
Squaretail's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the group buy for the LR UCA's....
Could anyone give me a comparison between LR and TC's? No threads found in search besides this one.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaretail View Post
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the group buy for the LR UCA's....
Could anyone give me a comparison between LR and TC's? No threads found in search besides this one.
I've heard that TC has more travel cause of the ball joints.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Total Chaos can yield longer travel because of the uniball, but you'd have to pair that with extended travel shocks. As for alignment I'm not too sure but they should add more camber to keep alignment in factory spec.

Light Racing are a ball joint style UCA, they're cheaper, not as cool looking but they add more camber to keep your alignment within spec after lifting. They are booted so if you live in the salty north they will probably hold up better through the winter. I own these and must say they have done me well.

If you don't offroad save your cash and get the LR UCA's. They will perform beyond what you need.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Zombie thread! TC will allow for more travel due to the uniball, the light racing have more adjustment in the castor I believe
Old 02-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
Thanks for the help guys!
From what I've read on this forum, aftermarket UCA's are pretty much a requirement with a 3in lift??? I am getting the alignment done this week, so I am going to see how the specs come out.
But I want good alignment before I go spend $$$ on new rubber
Old 02-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Need UCAs?

I'm debating getting LR UCA's. Getting spindles which should allow me to ditch UCAs but I've decided to run Eibachs at 0, so 1.6" of lift. Will I be able to get my caster near 2.4 or do I need UCA's still?

I've hated having 0 caster with my current lift near 3"
Old 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm selling a set of camburge 1" uniball UCA's $450 shipped. I'll have them off when my new 1.25" come in this week. No prob in alignment issues.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
I know chris 4x4 prefers the TC, but at the discount price of $375 shipped for the LR, I don't think I can pass it up.

I will not be doing heavy off-roading so from what you guys are saying, I should be fine right?

I am just getting aftermarket UCA's to fix my alignment. Sole purpose!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #14
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know chris 4x4 prefers the TC, but at the discount price of $375 shipped for the LR, I don't think I can pass it up.

I will not be doing heavy off-roading so from what you guys are saying, I should be fine right?

There are tons of guys on here that run LR UCA's and go hard on the trails. I know I beat the crap out of mine, and once you take off your stock ones and hold em next to the LR ones you will see how beefy they are
Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I prefer the TC's over other Uniball UCA's. The LR's are a great UCA, and offer alot of adjustment.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #16
Thanks for the input Chris...
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
I'm debating getting LR UCA's. Getting spindles which should allow me to ditch UCAs but I've decided to run Eibachs at 0, so 1.6" of lift. Will I be able to get my caster near 2.4 or do I need UCA's still?

I've hated having 0 caster with my current lift near 3"
I was told by my shop that they couldn't get the caster up that high. I'm at like 1.7-1.8 I think. I think it wanders a little bit at speed and am actually really debating getting in on the LR control arms. I've already paid for 3 alignments and they keep saying they can't get the caster any higher.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #18
Pugga: stock UCA's?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I prefer the TC's over other Uniball UCA's. The LR's are a great UCA, and offer alot of adjustment.
dont forget about DSM UCA there uniball are stainless from the get go, doesnt matter to you cause you dont know what snow looks like
Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pugga: stock UCA's?
Sorry, yes with stock UCA's. I'm debating going to LR UCA's because I want my caster to be higher and the boot design appeals to me because I live in the salt belt.