Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

High Quality Lift

Old 11-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
High Quality Lift

All,

I noticed that lot of people on this forum will buy lift coils, shocks, block/AAL, and UCAs.

When I had my Dodge Ram 1500 and lifted it, I bought a Fabtech 6" lift and it was like $1600 or so. That lift was made to keep the factory geometry on the driveline components.

How come nobody does that with Tacomas? Don't just springs and blocks/ALL or shocks mess with the driveline angles?

Are there any really good lifts out there?
Old 11-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I'll bet that kit came with all the parts you needed to do the diff drop and shim the angles on the driveline.

The 3" set up from Toytec that Neubs will recommend to most folks comes in about 1200-1500 depending on exact parts and has a diff drop on the list.

I'm not sure about all the more expensive stuff...but I'm sure a full blown kit would have a diff drop included or recommended for installation.

As far as good lifts- it's been discussed ad nauseum- Camberg, Icon, Toytec, Fabtech, Skyjacker, ReadLift....the list goes on and on...and for as many kits as there are...there are more opinions.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Unless it also dropped the tranny, transfercase, etc., it didnt keep factory driveline geometry. I prefer the 3" lift so as to keep the center of gravity low, while still allowing for good ground clearance. 6" lifts still drop the front diff's, and the only advantage to them as far as ground clearance is the tires are generally larger giveing a little more ground clearance. Same with the rear end. The rear axel is only as high off the ground as the tires allow.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
MASTER KNUCKLE BLEEDER
TRDATER will become famous soon enough

TRDATER's Tacoma Gallery
I HAVE LIFTED A TON OF TRUCKS THIS WAS THE FIRST QUESTION I ASKED WHEN I BOUGHT MY TACOMA , I HAVE 2 SILVERADOS LIFTED 6 AND SEVEN INCHES, AND JUST SOLD MY CHEROKEE THAT WAS LIFTED 9 INCHES ( big mistake ) BECAUSE I FEEL JEEPS BAR FAR ARE THE MOST VERSITLE OFFROAD VEHICLES. MY FIRST INTENTION WAS TO GO 6 INCHES BUT SQUIRMED WHEN I FOUND OUT I WOULD HAVE TO CUT OUT THE MAIN FRAME CROSSMEMBER, I OPTED FOR ICONS FRONT AND REAR AND AM WORKING MY WAY INTO HACKING THE TRUCK UP. MY TRUCK IS AT 3.5 INCHES FT. , 3 BACK AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH VISIBLY NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE FROM 6 INCH. I REALIZE LACKING A V-8 OR TORQUE MONSTER 4.0 REGEARING WOULD BE NECESSARY WITH THE TACOMA. PLUS MOST PEOPLE DONT WANT TO SHELL OUT 1500 - 2000 GRAND LET ALONE THE FULL DAYS WORK TO PUT IT ON PLUS I LIKE THE RIDE AND EASE OF ENTRY AND EXIT ON MY TACOMA AT ITS HEIGHT. FEEL FREE TO CK IT OUT,
Old 11-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
MASTER KNUCKLE BLEEDER

TRDATER's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
MASTER KNUCKLE BLEEDER

TRDATER's Tacoma Gallery