1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCA question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rhowell, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Dec 31, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    rhowell

rhowell [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    Looking at doing a lift. Even though I am aiming for a 2.5 to 3" lift my kcal 4x4 shop recommended I don't bother with new UCA due to the conditions here in Canada. He mentioned that they were not sealed and prone to dirt and salt.

2. Dec 31, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    LR UCA's have a sealed / booted balljoint .

I got mine for our winter road conditions

3. Dec 31, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    rhowell

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    Thank OZ. Would you recommend new UCA with the OME setup?

4. Dec 31, 2011 at 12:13 AM
    rhowell

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    Hey, where in BC are you at. I'm in Kamloops.

5. Dec 31, 2011 at 12:14 AM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    you will have alot better alignment numbers with the LR uca's, i got them also bcz of the road conditions here in wv. they have alot of adjustabilty

6. Dec 31, 2011 at 5:22 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    When chris4x4 gets here he'll tell you about the uniball set up he ran with concrete and water on the ball. As long as you are keeping them reasonably clean....It shouldn't be an issue either way.

And I would totally recommend getting them if it's in your budget. You can do it the toher way...but you may find yourselg with a truck you can't align and then you gotta order them and do some of the work over again.

7. Dec 31, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    rhowell

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    Thanks fr the responses. I like to do things right the first time so it looks like UCA for me.

8. Dec 31, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    jflan

jflan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access 4x4 2.7L manual SR5
    SnugTop SuperSport Sportsman keyless cap Weathertech mats - OEM skidplate - OEM hitch
    Your shop is not informed.

In addition to the Light Racing/SPC part there is also the ball joint version of the Camburg UCA. They ship without BJ's so you reuse yours, or go to Moog or Raybestos ball joints.

9. Dec 31, 2011 at 10:17 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    It really comes down to your intended use of your truck OP , if you are going to be crawling all over rocks and serious offroad shit , you will benefit from the increased articulation of a uniball type of UCA at the compromise of it being more maintenance in our winter conditions .

If your main goal is to insure a good alignment after lift , a sealed / boited balljoint type UCA is more protected against the elements at the compromise of slightly less articulation .

Products Discussed in

To Top