Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

bilstein shock question

Old 11-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
tomcoma is on a distinguished road

tomcoma's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein shock question

OK. I have a 07 Tacoma with a Fabtech 6" suspension lift. Apparently my stock toyota shocks are going in the front. I need to replace them. I was thinking about the Bilstein 5100. Can anyone help me on which one would work and explain to me how?

I have some part numbers from bilstein
48510-09L80 (front)
48530-09B50 (rear)

from Toyota

BE5C475HO

If you can send me a link that would be very very much appriciated
Old 11-25-2008, 03:51 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100's are a GREAT upgrade from stock. Not sure what you wnt to know as far as "how" they work, do you want to know dampening rates?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
tomcoma is on a distinguished road

tomcoma's Tacoma Gallery
well i know nothing about this and am trying to learn i guess i want to know with the lift will i be able to just swap them and not have to do anything else
Old 11-25-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcoma View Post
well i know nothing about this and am trying to learn i guess i want to know with the lift will i be able to just swap them and not have to do anything else
Yes. They replace your existing shocks. Just be sure to set them to the level of lift you want before installing the coils on them .
Old 11-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Bout time you showed up sonny good to see ya hear!
Old 11-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
This is Jon, Sonnys new partner... I took on Downsouth Online and revamped the site. I hope to continue to uphold the awesome reputation Sonny has created. I am eager to help and start my own rep!
Old 11-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet good looking out Jon, so sonny is still involved but behind the scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
This is Jon, Sonnys new partner... I took on Downsouth Online and revamped the site. I hope to continue to uphold the awesome reputation Sonny has created. I am eager to help and start my own rep!
Old 11-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #8
CJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to behold
Army: RN-Army Reserve 66H
Name: Clint
CJH9980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
I just ordered the complete set from you guys' ebay store...supposed to be here on Dec. 2nd..I can't wait!