Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon Stage 4 Install Detailed Instructions

Old 01-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #21
black cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
black cx's Tacoma Gallery
veryyy nice! love the writeup!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #23
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Super jealous of the stage4
Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #24
himmy33 is on a distinguished road

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Any word on the rear install yet?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #25
NorrTaco1 is on a distinguished road
NorrTaco1's Tacoma Gallery
ICON Stage 4

Dr. Spaceman,

Questions in regards to your lift. I have a 2012 4x4 Tacoma with 18" Dick Cepek Torques. Was considering a Stage 3 or 4 lift. What do you think of ride, on and off? Also, what about driveshaft shake? Lastly, did you place wheelspacers in for your wheels? thks.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #26
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
Removing the stabilizer end nut, isn't there an allen head wrench required ? What size is it ? Didnt see it in the "How to" Thanks
Old 04-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #28
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
wait so did you buy the coil overs that came in the stage 4 kit or a different pair from icon? If different which ones? I love the write up by the way. It is really helpful.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #29
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kris
krisjw101's Tacoma Gallery
Killer right up!!!! One of the best write ups I've ever seen. Nice work... If i knew how to up your rep I would.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #31
billygoat is on a distinguished road
billygoat's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my alignment done after 2" lift...WTF???

edit: tried to start my own thread, not sure what happened here...oops...bump I guess? Mods, feel free to delete this...
Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #32
ArcherNM is on a distinguished road
ArcherNM's Tacoma Gallery
I have to say, I find all this information very useful. I have been looking into this kit, I absolutely HATE the ProComp lift I currently have installed.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #33
MisterM70 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
MisterM70's Tacoma Gallery
Hi there, I am thinking of getting the same Icon Stage 4 kit. Anything you would have done differently? Like a leaf pack instead of the AAL? Have you considered a diff drop or have you been concerned about the front drive axels/angle extra wear? Do you hear any increased noise from the heim joint UCA's transferring noise to the chassis? And lastly, are you experiencing any drive shaft vibes?

Go Redskins!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #34
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
I have 275/65/18 XD wheel/tire setup. Will this be OK with the stage 4?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #35
azonicbruce will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
azonicbruce's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome write-up. Makes me think I might actually be able to do this by myself!

Quick question, though, so the snipping/bending you had to do to remove the UCA bolts, does anyone know if this will be the same for 2012 models?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #36
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azonicbruce View Post
Awesome write-up. Makes me think I might actually be able to do this by myself!

Quick question, though, so the snipping/bending you had to do to remove the UCA bolts, does anyone know if this will be the same for 2012 models?
It's the same... Dunno why they just didnt make it come out the other way, wouldnt need cutting. My 12 is notched but pretty small, can't even find it when you look in the fender wells
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #37
Steve33fish is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Steve33fish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
It's the same... Dunno why they just didnt make it come out the other way, wouldnt need cutting. My 12 is notched but pretty small, can't even find it when you look in the fender wells
Yeah I was trying to install mine today and came across the issue with the UCA bolt hitting the apron, tried to air hammer the bushing out of control arm with no success! Decided to wait till the morning and order a couple of new bolts and just cut the heads off to remove stock UCA. NO way I am cutting into the unibody apron!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #38
greengo is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
greengo's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you guys getting the new UCA bolts? Can you get them from anyone besides the dealer?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #39
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance part 2 will be coming out soon?