LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon Stage 4 Install Detailed Instructions

Old 01-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #41
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the write up, much appreciated - is part 2 available? I am planning on installing my stage 3 this weekend in the garage. Should be fairly straight forward I hope.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #43
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoda View Post
Thanks for the write up, much appreciated - is part 2 available? I am planning on installing my stage 3 this weekend in the garage. Should be fairly straight forward I hope.

That's beautiful, exactly what I plan to do this year!

Any higher res pic so I can make it my wallpaper for motivation?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #44
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Totally straight forward. For the rear follow the directions that came with the Icon leafs.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #45
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

We are here to help as well if you should have any additional questions or concerns....you should have also recieved resi stickers for the 2.0 rear shocks that get installed right before you mount the resi. This way you can line up the ICON properly.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #46
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You're going to LOVE that setup! Chris 4x4 has a great sticky on the aal install too! Deff look into Icon's new bolt on bump system too if you plan on wheeling escepially higher speed scenarios.

I'm waiting for a strike plate I can use of my ubolt flip kit, otherwise I'd have them already!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #47
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Again +reps to DrSpaceman for taking the time to take photos and put this write up together. It certainly helped out. I finished my install on Sunday (fronts Saturday afternoon). I cut my original UCA bolts off and installed new factory bolts and nuts. I only put the passenger side in backwards as it worked out the easiest way to do that (used loctite 271). Also, my passenger side Icon UCA was a PITA to install as it seemed impossible that the two inside washers would allow the UCA to fit in place. It was really tight and required a few step back and breathe moments but I got it in and got the long bolt through eventually without throwing anything. Sometimes it's the things that should be simple. On the rear springs I did have to use an angle grinder and crowbar (worked best) to cut off the 2nd to rear most factory spring clamp. Lot's of sparks for fun. Getting the centering pins through required taking off a few extra bolts holding brake lines and whatnot on the rear axle to lower enough, and lining everything up was a test of my patience, but again, it came out great and I am happy with the work I did myself. Also of note, I reused/kept on the factory overload springs. Regarding the hole to be drilled for the reservoir mount, it was the next size up from 1/4. 5/16 I believe.

I still need to adjust my drivers side coil over about a turn or so to help even everything out. Might give the passenger side a half turn. Gained about 2" all around at the current settings and the rake is still nice. Next up an alignment. Thanks again.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #48
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Good job, KingKoda! Can't wait to see the pics and hear your impressions after driving it.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #49
Taco Madre
ronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ronny
ronny97's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but how much lift does this suspension package give you?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #50
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
I love the way this package rides on and off road. Only regret is i should have got the extended length CO instead of standard. Also i went with Wheelers 3 leaf add a leaf which is the same exact thing as Icon's only a little cheaper $
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #51
Never Satisfied
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny97 View Post
Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but how much lift does this suspension package give you?
I've got about 2 inches with AAL and you can crank the coil overs to 3.5 I believe. I set mine at just about 2.25-.5 or so.

I developed quite the "creaking" noise in my AAL's and ended up having to take the u clamps off, loosen everything up by lowering the axle (basically almost taking them off) and then blowing them clean with compressed air and spraying some Teflon lube generously in between the leafs. It took the squeak/creak away. I'll see how long that lasts. If it doesn't I'd say I wish I'd gone with a full leaf pack. But overall I am satisfied. Thinking of disconnecting my sway bar to see if I like the way that rides.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #52
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got about 2 inches with AAL and you can crank the coil overs to 3.5 I believe. I set mine at just about 2.25-.5 or so.

I developed quite the "creaking" noise in my AAL's and ended up having to take the u clamps off, loosen everything up by lowering the axle (basically almost taking them off) and then blowing them clean with compressed air and spraying some Teflon lube generously in between the leafs. It took the squeak/creak away. I'll see how long that lasts. If it doesn't I'd say I wish I'd gone with a full leaf pack. But overall I am satisfied. Thinking of disconnecting my sway bar to see if I like the way that rides.
I have developed the squeak as well. But only when the truck moves for the first time of the day
Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #53
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Well, I decided to jump into this thing head-first. So over the Christmas holidays I installed the Icon Stage 4 Extended Travel Suspension on my 2011 DC all by myself out in the cold.

Perhaps this has been covered before, but I thought some of you might be interested to see the complete process from start to finish. So I did an install write-up...see the attached PDF. (Part II for the rear is forthcoming.)

Here's what she looks like so far...
Hi David--great writeup! I was wondering why you routed the remote reservoir tubing under the UCA? In the pictures I've seen on this setup it is routed above.

EDIT: Nevermind--duh! Ignore my ignorance, I self educated...
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #54
firefly335i is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
firefly335i's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Super detailed thank you! It's awesome you took the time to make it so professional
Old 04-07-2013, 02:32 AM   #55
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
I think, based on what I've read about everyone making hacks to the fender to remove the UCA bolt, I'm just going to order 2 bolts and nuts and cut the existing ones off for expediency. Then i can just route the fresh hardware from the reverse angle as it should have been.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #56
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't hack mine up. Had a new set of bolts on hand also. Never used them. Easier than it looks. Take your time. I'll sell you the bolt's if you want. $20. Collecting dust on top of my tool box
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #57
Dog slave

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Tacomania View Post
Didn't hack mine up. Had a new set of bolts on hand also. Never used them. Easier than it looks. Take your time. I'll sell you the bolt's if you want. $20. Collecting dust on top of my tool box
Hey coooool I may just take you up on that
Old 01-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #58
Brock19 is on a distinguished road

Name: brock
Brock19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
We are here to help as well if you should have any additional questions or concerns....you should have also recieved resi stickers for the 2.0 rear shocks that get installed right before you mount the resi. This way you can line up the ICON properly.
the upper control arm in the kit he has is not the billet one correct? that is the tubular from the looks of it. from kingkoda's picture
Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #59
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock19 View Post
the upper control arm in the kit he has is not the billet one correct? that is the tubular from the looks of it. from kingkoda's picture
That's is correct.....the tubular are powder coated black and the billet are bright silver.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #60
Strike Planner
squint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Rick
squint0241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
That's is correct.....the tubular are powder coated black and the billet are bright silver.
Can you tell me the difference between the tubular versus the billet version UCA's? I know there's a significant price difference, but I'm wondering Pro's/Con's of each (adjustibility, etc.) I'm ready to buy, just not sure which one.

Thanks!