Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

reg cab suspension ideas

Old 11-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road
Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
reg cab suspension ideas

09 reg cab

I have good year wrangler HD all terrains 265 75 16

I am debating on Billy 5100 set at 2.5 and a 1 inch block in the rear,
or daystar 2.5 kit.

I know that not everyone is crazy about spacers an blocks but i had them on a 98 for 8 years with no problems and i spent alot of time off road in kentucky and hawaii with no problems.

what im asking is would these combinations give me the level stance that i am looking for on a reg cab? Thanks for your time, feedback would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd run the Billies simply because of the better ride and being a tougher shock but i currently have a spacer lift and i havent had as issue as of yet. If a good price is your thing check out http://www.extremetrucktoys.com/5-6_tac_lift.htm its where mine came from and quality was pretty good with a Billet Aluminum coil spacer(bolt on) and diff drop, and a Procomp AAL for the rear. The whole kit is 175 shipped.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
If your lifting and planning on offroading, dont use blocks. Saying this, considering im using blocks to lower my truck!haha
Old 11-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
Thanks for the reply, the kit looks like its built good, Im just a little sketchy about putting that much lift above the coil. Have you had any problems with it.

By the way, you interested in another 450r I have one myself with to many goodies to list.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
Yea i would like to get away from the blocks but i havent had any problem with them, that i couldnt live with.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3972000 View Post
Thanks for the reply, the kit looks like its built good, Im just a little sketchy about putting that much lift above the coil. Have you had any problems with it.

By the way, you interested in another 450r I have one myself with to many goodies to list.
Never had any problems with anything so far after 21K miles and if you've looked at my pics i wheel my truck pretty decent. LOL, another 450R huh? probably not, I've got 15 grand wrapped up in mine and i have to spend my money on college now and my dad already has one too. sorry

Quote:
Yea i would like to get away from the blocks but i haven't had any problem with them, that i couldnt live with.
These Tacomas have a decent amount of wheel hop and the block will exaggerate it even more by putting more leverage on the leaf pack. I'd definitely run an AAL.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #7
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I have a reg also and I am looking at getting the 5100 for the front and AAL from wheelers in the back. I was thinking about setting the front at 1.75 but I might go up to 2.5 depending on how much the back is raised.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
09 reg cab

I have good year wrangler HD all terrains 265 75 16

I am debating on Billy 5100 set at 2.5 and a 1 inch block in the rear,
or daystar 2.5 kit.

I know that not everyone is crazy about spacers an blocks but i had them on a 98 for 8 years with no problems and i spent alot of time off road in kentucky and hawaii with no problems.

what im asking is would these combinations give me the level stance that i am looking for on a reg cab? Thanks for your time, feedback would be appreciated.
If you buy the Bilsteins off eBay (Downsouth Motorsports ebay username whthunter), do the eBay cash back deal and you'll knock 25% off the cost making the total cost $209.25 (cash back in 60 days) for all four shocks.