6 inch 290 23.48%
3 inch 945 76.52%
Voters: 1235. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pro's Con's of a 3" or 6" lift

What are the pros, cons to lifting your taco (Cost aside)

are there any issues that are common after either of these lifts ( i havent decided on a 6 or 3")
with 6" will things wear faster, more unstable??
Does it make sense to lift it 6" if your not wheeling it i mean i will a little but not hardcore
im not sure 3" looks high enough for me
Old 11-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
i think 3" with 33's is a great look......no since in anything bigger, unless you're offroading...........my opinion
Old 11-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
if you're not gonna wheel it, go 6" with 35s it looks way better,

if your going to wheel it go Total Chaos LT with custom 4" springs in the back
Old 11-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I like the 4"
Who makes a 4"
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetaco View Post
Who makes a 4"
Total Chaos has a LT setup and Pure Performace has a kit they claim as 4" too.
Pros 6"- More room for a bigger tire
Cons 6"- have to cut cross member, you dont gain any ground clearance under the crossmember except from the tires, increases angle of rear drive shaft, 35's are gonna be big unless you re-gear
Pros 3"- (cost) easier to get in, gives increased clearance under crossmember+ the clearance from larger tires, less work to install
Cons 3"- Cant fit 35's, increase angle on front CV shafts
Old 11-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
All in all, i'd like to get a 6" Fabtech basic lift and run some Bilstein 5100's under the front at the .85" lift to get about 7" total and then add some 35's..... all for the offroad, looks, and cost perspectives.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
no point to LT if you don't live/wheel in a region where you would need it...

what kind of terrain are you in?

is this strictly for looking hot for the girls?

also a drop bracket lift does not have significantly more ground clearance than a 3" IFS lift as the brackets can get caught up on rocks anyway...
Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #9
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
no point to LT if you don't live/wheel in a region where you would need it...
LT can be useful in any terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
also a drop bracket lift does not have significantly more ground clearance than a 3" IFS lift as the brackets can get caught up on rocks anyway...
6" between the tires is little over stock depending on how high you crank coilovers, between axles, it is far superior
Old 11-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
3" susp. lift with 3" body lift(only if you dont 2 wheel your shit) and 33's
Old 11-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #11
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
3" susp. lift with 3" body lift(only if you dont 2 wheel your shit) and 33's
what to you mean 2 wheel my shit........

also its not for getting girls..have one..maybe a bigger lift would loose her...J/K

My terrain is all over im in Canada i live in Toronto, but do head up north often..so i need a practical lift for city driving that looks good but will also be effective when i go up north to get dirty!!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetaco View Post
what to you mean 2 wheel my shit........

also its not for getting girls..have one..maybe a bigger lift would loose her...J/K

My terrain is all over im in Canada i live in Toronto, but do head up north often..so i need a practical lift for city driving that looks good but will also be effective when i go up north to get dirty!!
i meant if you dont 4 wheel the truck
Old 11-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #14
BigToy is on a distinguished road
BigToy's Tacoma Gallery
Even with a 6" lift, 35's on a 9" wide rim will not fit without major trimming. I have (Fabtech) 9" of lift and still have to trim the bracket for the body mount right behind the front tires, and the lower rear section of the fender. I know Fabtech claims you can run 35's with their 6" lift, but take my word for it, you will have very little clearance.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #15
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
can you run either the camburg or total chaos spindes with extended frnt struts and heavier front coils for more lift?
Old 11-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
can you run either the camburg or total chaos spindes with extended frnt struts and heavier front coils for more lift?
On a PreRunner, yes. On a 4x4, no.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #17
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

double post
Old 11-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #18
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
sorry chris my mind isnt working today.im pretty much runnin the same set up as u.so it is possible to add the spindles for more lift
Old 11-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
sorry chris my mind isnt working today.im pretty much runnin the same set up as u.so it is possible to add the spindles for more lift
Yep.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #20
cmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to behold

cmytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think extreme 450 said it best. If you go 3" body I'd personally get the revtek since they have upper and lower so there is Less strain on the CV's. vs others for similar cost. just IMO. Good luck and post pics when done