Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Stock 2012 Suspension?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
johnnief is on a distinguished road
Name: Johnnie
johnnief's Tacoma Gallery
Stock 2012 Suspension?

I have a stock 2012 Tacoma that has 4 leaf springs in the rear. Does this mean I have the TSB already installed? It appears to sit a little higher than my 2008 did.

Also, I read alot about the 5100's. Most of my driving is on the highway. If I go with them will I still have the smooth factory ride? Will it be smoother or a little rougher? I know everyone says they ride better than stock but in what sense, performance or ride smoothness?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
johnnief is on a distinguished road
Name: Johnnie
johnnief's Tacoma Gallery
I like the way it rides now, I am just looking to level it out. I considered putting a leveling spacers on top of the coils and shocks.
Have there been any issues with this?
Old 01-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Not bad brotha.....how's ur almost weekend staring out?

meh, like the last one , uneventful

thankfully...
Old 01-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnief View Post
I have a stock 2012 Tacoma that has 4 leaf springs in the rear. Does this mean I have the TSB already installed? It appears to sit a little higher than my 2008 did.

Also, I read alot about the 5100's. Most of my driving is on the highway. If I go with them will I still have the smooth factory ride? Will it be smoother or a little rougher? I know everyone says they ride better than stock but in what sense, performance or ride smoothness?
I don't think any lifted truck on TW drives better then a stock one if your comparing both while driving on the highway. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but I just don't see it happening. The whole concept is flawed.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
All i can say is if this spring TSB shit is still going on with new production years , Toyota hasn't changed a fucking thing, they need to put some decent springs on & call it good... oh wait i've already said this.....nevermind
Old 01-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
3rd gen maybe?

Shit, they should go back to pre- 95' & re learn they're roots except this time (3rd gen.) dont forget them & put it into production..

But like most makers they poll the public as to what they want in a truck..

& too many people (here even) want all this unrealistic BS goes something like this.....

" Uhhh, i want 10" of lift with 12" of droop & a cadillac ride where ever I go, I want to be able to jump my truck 10ft in the air & drive home on a silky smooth quiet ride... did I mention I wanted a firmer/softer suspension with 10" of higher/lower lift.? " "Well thats what i want"

statement above is all over the map just like peoples expectations

unrealistic
Old 01-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i want mud tires that handle excellent on the highway in the rain, dont make any noise, and have a 50K mile warranty.

Oh, did I mention I needed them to have a Y speed rating?

exactly
Old 01-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
Toyman2k
toyman2k is on a distinguished road
Name: Roger
toyman2k's Tacoma Gallery
I need new shocks in front of my Taco seeing bushings are worn out and it does bottom out when towing my boat. So if I replace with original billies in front and upgrade to 5100's in back will this fix my bottoming out prob? or am I better off doing 5100's all around and AAL?