Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach Coil with 5100's install question

Old 01-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach Coil with 5100's install question

I know this may sound like a stupid question since so many people on here run this setup, but I have the 5100's on right now set @ .85" and i'm looking into running the Eibach coils with them and not jacking up the 5100's at all to get 1.6" of lift. Do i need to buy anything else besides the coil itself (plates, bushings, etc.) in order to install the coils with the 5100's? Or do they pretty much just bolt in to replace the stock coils?

Also i know some will just suggest moving the 5100's up to the next setting of 1.75", but i ran that on my first gen and with the shocks stiffened up a TON after 1.5 years so i'm trying to avoid that and just have the coils take the weight...
Old 01-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You only need the coils and you can re-use your stock top plates and bushings. Don't forget the lean spacer for the driver's side.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
You only need the coils and you can re-use your stock top plates and bushings. Don't forget the lean spacer for the driver's side.
this is what i figured but thanks man
Old 01-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Sold it, dont miss it yet.
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach's should be shipping again the last week of January. This is what toytec told me.

I am going to run mine at 0 and ordered a top plate spacer but will not run unless I have more than a 1/4 of lean.

You are not going to find more than two pictures of the eibachs at 0 as you stated most are running them at .85"
Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
also it seems like the Eibachs are back ordered for who knows how long, so i'm also thinking about running the OME 883's or 884's
I haven't seen anyone running 883's on a 2nd Gen and I'm not sure as if they fit. 884's will put you around 2" of lift for your double cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj973gm View Post
Eibach's should be shipping again the last week of January. This is what toytec told me.

I am going to run mine at 0 and ordered a top plate spacer but will not run unless I have more than a 1/4 of lean.

You are not going to find more than two pictures of the eibachs at 0 as you stated most are running them at .85"
I've got Eibachs on 5100's set at 0 and have well more than 2 pictures in my gallery
Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
tacews is on a distinguished road
tacews's Tacoma Gallery
What is the spacer for? What is the lean your talking about?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
oFFtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
oFFtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacews View Post
What is the spacer for? What is the lean your talking about?
when you run aftermarket coils, they don't account for the weight of the driver side. Therefore you need a 1/4" spacer which gives a 1/2" lift to fix the lean.

Now if you want a 3" lift with the 5100's/eibach setup, you'll need to run this spacer setup;

1/2" spacer on DS - ~3/4" Lift
1/4" spacer on PS - 1/2" Lift