1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME and LightRacing and ToyTec - Oh my! Sound good?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Dave.YYC, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Fairhope, AL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner TRD DC
    UWS black low profile toolbox, TRD intake, TRD exhaust, TC uca's, Rear 2" toytec aal, OME Front and Rear shocks, OME 885s, NFABs
    Thanks bro. That's exactly what I needed to see.

2. Jan 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    Swampmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Fairhope, AL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner TRD DC
    UWS black low profile toolbox, TRD intake, TRD exhaust, TC uca's, Rear 2" toytec aal, OME Front and Rear shocks, OME 885s, NFABs
    How does she ride?

3. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    well when the tires get warm she rides like a dream honestly. i think a lil better than stock, but early in the morning when the tires are cold and so are the shocks ive had smoother rides on a farm tractor! HA!!! but seriously it rides real well and does just fine for what i do offroading for now til more armor gets put on the truck.

4. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    Swampmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Fairhope, AL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner TRD DC
  5. Jan 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    Dave.YYC

Dave.YYC [OP] Member

Member:
    After some more research, heavily influenced by suggestions made in the postings above, and a referral to a great Canadian supplier (thanks Banff2007Tacoma), I have modified my intended path slightly, but I believe for the better.

Most notably, I am electing to go with the Dakar rear springs after all of the very positive reviews I read.

One thing I have identified, and when I searched the suspension forums, has only been listed/detailed once, is the product code for the complete OME package.

OMETAC05LK (note the zero, not 'o' before the 5)
    http://store.arbusa.com/2-Inch-05Tacoma-Stock-Kit-OMETAC05LK-P21031.aspx

It is listed to include:

• OME885 x 2 (Front 885 Coils)
    • N140S x 2 (Front NitroCharger shocks)*
    • CS047R x 2 (Rear Dakar Leafs)
    • N182 x 2 (Read NitroCharger shocks)
    • OMEU53A x 4 (Longer length heavy duty U-bolts)
    • FK29 x 1 (Carrier Bearing drop kit)
    * Note: It does say the package includes the older NitroCharger shocks as opposed to the new 90000 NitroCharger Sport shocks, but from what I have been told by a couple vendors know to TacomaWorld, recently produced kits should be shipping with the Sport version. I'm not too concerned as I may actually hope for the N140S because of the reportedly softer ride over the Sport version. Either way, I doubt I'll be disappointed.

I wanted to point this product number out because it can be easily searched. There is also a companion part no. that includes the same but with the 886 coils instead.

OMETAC05HK (note the zero, not 'o' before the 5)
    http://store.arbusa.com/2-Inch-05tacoma-Heavy-Kit-P20932.aspx

I digress though; back to my purchase decisions.

• OMETAC05LK from OuiPack/ARB Canada

• OME95PF5 Trim spacer from OuiPack/ARB Canada

• 10mm Lift Enhancer kit from Wheeler's

• Bushing Set for CS047 Dakar springs from Wheeler's

• 3 degree Zinc Axel shims (TT-RS-846) from ToyTec

• Front Replacement Bushing/Washer kit (142467) from ToyTec

• Replacement UCA Bolts (90105A0095) from local Dealership to ease install

• LightRacing UCAs from FatBob's Garage
    The only item I am holding on for the moment is the extended brake lines.

Phew. I finally think I've got it. I plan to bring the components in over the next couple months, including the wheels and tires, and schedule for a mid-late March install. Just in time for our April/May snow storm. ;)

Thank you all. I'll create a build thread once I'm ready to go.

6. Jan 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    That is a nice set up. I was on the fence between the Toyotec with the 5100 and Eibach springs an the OME set up. I ended up going with the Toyotec lift. I did the OME CB drop but I still to shim the rear (25mph vib).

7. Jan 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Get centre pin collars for the Dakars .

885's and Dakars , same set up I have .

8. Jan 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    05trdsport

05trdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB CAN
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport Silver
    K&N cold air intake, Aroturbine exhaust OME 885's on OME Nitrochargers, Total Chaos UCA, 1-1/4" wheel spacers, TRD sport wheels coated flat black, dick cepek AT 285/70/17, Alcan AAL/OME rear struts, Blacked out front valance, bhlm headlights, nav/ipod eclipse headunit. URD maf calibrator with map option. Supercharger in the works.

Hey just saw that your from calgary too. I have almost the exact setup you are looking at buying. (ome nitrochargers/885s/aal/total chaos uca). Its a great suspension setup. I ended up running 1-1/4" spacers to get my 285/70/17's to fit. check out ct4wd.com too. lots of good info and local guys to lend a hand.

Jered

9. Jan 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    you don't need new u-bolts or longer brake lines although i replaced all of these when i had my lift installed. i got the brake lines from a group buy on tw goodrich ss extended brake lines front and rear they have been perfect. all pro sells a u-olt flip kit with or without the timbren bump stops i opted for the new bumps but, that drove the price up significantly. the timbrens are nice but, imo way over priced.

also my lr control arms are great the idiot shop that installed my lift actually had the ball joint in backwards then later fixed and they are perfect. they actually got my alignment 100% back to factory spec which was surprising given the lift i ordered.

all your stuff sounds good so imo if you want a flip kit or brake lines do it later there is no need to worry about this right now.

10. Jan 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    Dave.YYC

Dave.YYC [OP] Member

Member:
  11. May 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    Tacomatrd2010

Tacomatrd2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2016 Street Queen
    i just picked up the same set up at toytech shop yesterday and it was 869$ with tax

12. Apr 11, 2015 at 8:48 AM
    VTaco08

VTaco08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4
    OME Complete lift kit, Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA's, G2 1.25 wheel spacers, Pro Comp 17/8 5001, derrped badges.
    I have this same setup on my truck and have the stock brake lines with no issues in my 08 double cab...with truck on a lift at mechanics shop there is still plenty of brake line left before any issues.

OP... the upper control arm bolts are installed that way so if the bolt comes loose your upper control arm bolt will not fall out the bottom and cause bigger problems...I'm sure you already know this but those bolts have come loose on a few forum members and their only saving grace was the bolt staying in place because of its pain in the ass design...

I had to loosen the body mount bolts and use a pry bar against the body where the bolt hits the body...I had a second person with a punch tap the bolt out...

Products Discussed in

To Top