LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 at 2.5

Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #41
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 2" spacer lift which is essentually the same thing (compressing the spring to achieve lift). Rode like shit.......not at first, but after awhiling it'll jar the fillings out of your head! If you have to re-do a couple years down the road, what's the point. Save and do it rite the first time!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #42
berso is on a distinguished road

berso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Oh that looks perfect! And stock springs? Sport and Off Road models run the same spings right?
Yes stock springs, and no as far as i know Sport and Off Road models use diferent springs....and other thing to be aware when lifting is wheel back space, this tires a just a bit bigger than stock and they was so close to upper control arms at full turn, so i switch to 4.5 b/s wheels and now the have about an inch of room agains C/arms. Im happy for now.....but i can see some 275 or 285 in a near future...with some spindle lift.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #43
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I had a 2" spacer lift which is essentually the same thing (compressing the spring to achieve lift). Rode like shit.......not at first, but after awhiling it'll jar the fillings out of your head! If you have to re-do a couple years down the road, what's the point. Save and do it rite the first time!
If u had it on a stock shock its not. The only problem with lifting all the way to 2.5 is u lose some down travel but as DSM said u wont break it because of the way its valved. I really do like the drive, these shocks were designed to do this. Only thing is down the road you can go for some upper control arms. Im not going to anytime soon but eventually i will n go a full 3 inch lift. I do recommend these shocks.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #44
togles is on a distinguished road
togles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACWUT View Post
If u had it on a stock shock its not. The only problem with lifting all the way to 2.5 is u lose some down travel but as DSM said u wont break it because of the way its valved. I really do like the drive, these shocks were designed to do this. Only thing is down the road you can go for some upper control arms. Im not going to anytime soon but eventually i will n go a full 3 inch lift. I do recommend these shocks.

You going to get the rear billies too? I chose not to, but I really like the look of the silver and black, Im anal so I keep looking at the rear yellow and wanting to buy the billies for the rear too.

I am looking at tires online, thinking of going with nitto tera grapplers from discount tire. 285/70/17, $224 ea, $1047 installed, ouch!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #45
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Dayum! Nah stock rear til i get uca lift 3 inches then even out the back. I got ion 174 wheels and hankook dyna pro M/T for 700 installed with Tire pressure sensor.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #46
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
OK, slight hijack here but on topic. I have an '09 DC SB 2WD PreRunner and had the rear spring TSB done a while back. I like the stiffer (or tighter) ride on the rear, but it seems a little out of balance with the front now -- the front is softer and seems to bounce/sway up and down using the back axle as a pivot point.

It's time for new shocks, and I just received my 5100's from DSM and am trying to decide between the 0.85 and 1.75 setting. I am not so concerned about the looks and leveling out the truck, more around suspension balance front to rear. It looks like the 1.75 would make it pretty much level front to rear, but I am thinking that will be a little too stiff up front for a mostly highway truck. Leaning toward the 0.85 to just stiffen it a little.

Thoughts, opinions, experiences?
Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No such thing as an SR5 Offroad
confused... i have a trd offroad with SR5
Old 01-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #48
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
5100s set at 2.5 w stock springs and a rear aal. No.complaints whatsoever, before I had a horrible spacer lift which rode terrible glad I went w the 5100 n set em at 2.5 I'm also running 265/70/17 couldn't really ask for a better ride n was enough lift for the price. Couldn't really be happier, that is until I get my rcd 4.5 lift
Old 01-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #49
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No such thing as an SR5 Offroad
False. I has both packages
Old 01-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #50
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
False. I has both packages
Old 01-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #51

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Ok i looked at my paperwork n it does say both packages on mt contract.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #52

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures in my profile.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #53
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
U jelly brah?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #54
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the sport and off road included the SR5 pack but also upgraded some of the SR5 stuff.

So, all Sport/OR = SR5 + ?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #55
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
OK, slight hijack here but on topic. I have an '09 DC SB 2WD PreRunner and had the rear spring TSB done a while back. I like the stiffer (or tighter) ride on the rear, but it seems a little out of balance with the front now -- the front is softer and seems to bounce/sway up and down using the back axle as a pivot point.

It's time for new shocks, and I just received my 5100's from DSM and am trying to decide between the 0.85 and 1.75 setting. I am not so concerned about the looks and leveling out the truck, more around suspension balance front to rear. It looks like the 1.75 would make it pretty much level front to rear, but I am thinking that will be a little too stiff up front for a mostly highway truck. Leaning toward the 0.85 to just stiffen it a little.

I'm in this boat. was also thinking ome 883 but I don't want to be the first tacoma to try out that setup.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #56
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I thought the sport and off road included the SR5 pack but also upgraded some of the SR5 stuff.

Correct

Base
SR5
TRD Sport
TRD Offroad
Old 01-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #57
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post

Quote:
Correct

Base
SR5
TRD Sport
TRD Offroad

Thanks for clarifying
Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #58
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure where you stand with all the options but here's my rig:

OME 885x, 5100s front @ "0" 5100 rear with 2" AAL. With that setup you will spend under $600 and install yourself will save you the same amount. I also bought total chaos UCAs & my wheels & tires were pricey and a u bolt flip with timbrens but you don't need all that bidazzle.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #59

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post

I say 2.5 with rear tsb it eould look nice.
Its nothing crazy with stiffness just an improved ride that's all.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #60
ColoMtn is on a distinguished road

ColoMtn's Tacoma Gallery

Just got mine done last Friday. 5100's all around, 2.5" in the front with 2" AAL. Rides great.