1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100's and 3'' spacer lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by billas333, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Nov 28, 2008 at 11:00 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    Ok so I got a 3'' spacer lift from readylift and 1'' rear block ready to install in the coming month. My question is can I add the bilstein 5100's to this to improve the ride quality or does it even matter? Also will the 5100's be able to add any extra height to the lift without making any other adjustments? I assume I would need a spring compressor for the front colils is this correct? If anyone can help me out on this I appreciate it.

2. Nov 28, 2008 at 11:10 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    IIRC, you'll only be able to use the 5100s with the spacers if you have it at the lowest setting. In other words, it'd probably be a waste of money for you because the ride would still be stiff with the 3" spacer up front. Also, I would ditch the block and get AALs for the rear or new leaf packs for the lift.

3. Nov 28, 2008 at 11:14 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    Ok that helps. My original thought was to set the 5100 to .85" of lift just to try and level out the front with the rear. I got the TSB done and it gave an inch of lift to the rear as is so with the 1" block I will still be 1.25" higher in the rear after the 3"spacer goes in.

Products Discussed in

To Top