Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Aftermarket leaf spring rates??

Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket leaf spring rates??

Would this be a fair assessment on softest to stiffest rear leaf springs??

1. All-Pro Standard
2. OME/Dakars 2.75"
3. OME/Dakars 2.75" w/ AAL
4. All-Pro Expos
Old 01-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
41 views and no info
Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Would this be a fair assessment on softest to stiffest rear leaf springs??

1. All-Pro Standard
2. OME/Dakars 2.75"
3. OME/Dakars 2.75" w/ AAL
4. All-Pro Expos
You could say that. The OME and expos are designed to ride with weight in the back so unloaded would be an unfair comparison! Deavers didn't make the list but they would be the "softest"!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
You could say that. The OME and expos are designed to ride with weight in the back so unloaded would be an unfair comparison! Deavers didn't make the list but they would be the "softest"!
I've heard deavers are "flexy". I'm trying to setup my rear, but am having a hard time deciding on springs. I really want the expos, but 90% of the time I don't carry any weight in the bed.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 200lb cap, and aprox 100 lbs of other crap all the time in my bed. I was leaning to the expos for this very reason.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrat View Post
I have a 200lb cap, and aprox 100 lbs of other crap all the time in my bed. I was leaning to the expos for this very reason.
They say 300lbs of extra weight is a good starting point. I might have to buy a cap to justify expos.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They say 300lbs of extra weight is a good starting point. I might have to buy a cap to justify expos.
My Dakars are happy with the weight of my Leer cap
Old 01-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
My Dakars are happy with the weight of my Leer cap
I utilize my open truck bed a lot. So cap is prolly outta the question. Are you runnig the aal with them?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I utilize my open truck bed a lot. So cap is prolly outta the question. Are you runnig the aal with them?
Not currently , but I plan to add it .

I think you would be best suited with the standard Allpro leafs if you don't haul often , have no cap , and want a more plush ride .
Old 01-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Not currently , but I plan to add it .

I think you would be best suited with the standard Allpro leafs if you don't haul often , have no cap , and want a more plush ride .
Yeah, thanks for the input. Eventually, I want a RTT. So I'm on the fence. Maybe I'll just buy the expos and throw 300lbs work of sand bags under my toolbox.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, thanks for the input. Eventually, I want a RTT. So I'm on the fence. Maybe I'll just buy the expos and throw 300lbs work of sand bags under my toolbox.
Or go with the Dakar springs and add the Dakar AAL later when you get the RTT, if needed.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would point out that the Dakars ( and probably the same for the expos ) aren't THAT harsh a ride when unloaded , and the benefits of them for hauling far outweigh a slightly stiffer ride when unladen .
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
Or go with the Dakar springs and add the Dakar AAL later when you get the RTT, if needed.
True. Thanks. I've been reading all the "OME vs AP" threads. I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with whatever I get.