LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

who's running coilovers?

Old 11-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
chestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of light
chestnut35's Tacoma Gallery
who's running coilovers?

I was thinking of getting some for my truck but wanted to see who out there is running them and if people like them? i've seen the sway's, fabtech, toytechs, and a few others but if you'd be willing to write which you have and whether you like them or not it be greatly appreciated.
Thank you ahead of time for any help.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
ksj is on a distinguished road
ksj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnut35 View Post
I was thinking of getting some for my truck but wanted to see who out there is running them and if people like them? i've seen the sway's, fabtech, toytechs, and a few others but if you'd be willing to write which you have and whether you like them or not it be greatly appreciated.
Thank you ahead of time for any help.
I just put Icon's on my '09. They're great.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
I have the FOX kit on my truck and I love them...! I also removed the sway bar for additional travel. I love the way the truck handles both on and off road.....! I have the FOX kit with the internal shaft spacer removed, basically giving the suspension more droop travel (can only be used with UCA's) Since I removed the sway bar I added about 20% more compression dampening to compensate for the loss of the sway bar- without the adjustment it had allot of body roll...

KING has a good kit as well....

One thing you get when you purchase a FOX or KING kit that you don't get from ICON is the ability to have your shocks tuned for what kind of driving you do. Just as I did when I removed the sway bar- same goes if your primary driving is high speed (whoops) or slow speed (Crawling) the kits come with a standard valving- but who's standards...???
Old 11-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
I have the FOX kit on my truck and I love them...! I also removed the sway bar for additional travel. ..
You dont get more travel from disco'ing the sway bar. More articulation, yes, but the travel stays the same.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how you look at it- if one side of the suspension is collapsed or all the way up in the fender well, and the other tire is off the terrain- such as going through whoops- the sway bar itself limits the travel from extending downward. When I had my truck up on the rack both tires were at full droop and the sway bar was limiting the amount of droop travel because the angle of the bar as comparison to the links, they were binding. Once I sed the impact to undo the bottom bolt of the sway bar link the tire came down about .5"- keep in mind this is after adding a coil over and upper arm...
Old 11-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #7
chestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of light
chestnut35's Tacoma Gallery
thanks fellas much appreciated. also, where's the best place to shop for them, online or wherever.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Depends on how you look at it- if one side of the suspension is collapsed or all the way up in the fender well, and the other tire is off the terrain- such as going through whoops- the sway bar itself limits the travel from extending downward. When I had my truck up on the rack both tires were at full droop and the sway bar was limiting the amount of droop travel because the angle of the bar as comparison to the links, they were binding. Once I sed the impact to undo the bottom bolt of the sway bar link the tire came down about .5"- keep in mind this is after adding a coil over and upper arm...
Ok. Thats would be "articulation".