Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leveling

Old 11-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling

Leveling suspension kit? how much is a set of normal leveling kits?
Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
bwhit is on a distinguished road
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
ebay...Downsouth Motorsports...Bilstein 5100's all the way around, front set to 1.75. I paid $300 to my door...their listed at 269 on the web plus shipping. I've read others paying up to 40 bucks less by making an offer. I'm not that patient.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhit View Post
ebay...Downsouth Motorsports...Bilstein 5100's all the way around, front set to 1.75. I paid $300 to my door...their listed at 269 on the web plus shipping. I've read others paying up to 40 bucks less by making an offer. I'm not that patient.
yep.....the bilstein 5100's will be your best bet!!! great shocks!!!!

and just fyi..................when you make an offer to downsouthmotorsports on the billy's......sonny usually has a counter offer in about 5 minutes.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
bwhit is on a distinguished road
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
just tell me how much and put them in the mail. GET YO LIFT ON!! Time IS money.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhit View Post
just tell me how much and put them in the mail. GET YO LIFT ON!! Time IS money.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
bilsten 5100's
nothing better for the money
Old 11-30-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What are you leveling from?

Did you get the leaf spring TSB done? Give it time to settle.....
The best thing you can do is put 200lbs in the bed and drive around for a couple months. That'll settle the springs out nicely.

Just thought I'd mention that.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

It all depends on what you are looking for. I got a leveling kit from toytec for under $300 with shipping. That included the front coil overs, AAL's and all necessary hardware. I also got 5100's all around for around $250 with shipping for a better ride then the stocks. Then I got some total chaos UCA's. You don't want to know what I paid for those though!!! Those aren't a must, just if you want your alignment to be right. I have pic's of my setup in my gallery if you want to have a peek.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Are the 5100 yellow? I have some Bilstein's but their blue. same thing
Old 11-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Are the 5100 yellow? I have some Bilstein's but their blue. same thing
nah.....the 5100's are silver.....see here......

the yellow/blue ones are either the billy's made for trd trucks, or they are the heavy duty's.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Yeah when I first started getting into lifting my truck I thought maybe the Bilsteins that came with the truck were the 5100's, but our luck ain't that good. So yeah, you got to buy them from some where.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah when I first started getting into lifting my truck I thought maybe the Bilsteins that came with the truck were the 5100's, but our luck ain't that good. So yeah, you got to buy them from some where.
best place to get them is downsouthmotorsports on ebay....sonny is a breeze to deal with, and make him a reasonable offer.....he'll most likely take it. good guy!!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
nah.....the 5100's are silver.....see here......

the yellow/blue ones are either the billy's made for trd trucks, or they are the heavy duty's.
haha they say Heavy duty on them
Old 11-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #16
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
best place to get them is downsouthmotorsports on ebay....sonny is a breeze to deal with, and make him a reasonable offer.....he'll most likely take it. good guy!!
Don't do the Best Offer. Do the live.com deal with eBay. Price after rebate for all four is $195 shipped. The only catch is you have to wait 60 days to get the rebate, you must use Paypal to pay, and you must purchase with Buy-It-Now. See the thread for details on setting it up.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
What are you leveling from?

Did you get the leaf spring TSB done? Give it time to settle.....
The best thing you can do is put 200lbs in the bed and drive around for a couple months. That'll settle the springs out nicely.

Just thought I'd mention that.
i dont know if the guy that had the truck before me did it.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #18
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
DSM Bilstein Pre Load Adjustable Shocks

I stock all the Bilstein 5100 series Pre Load Adjustable kits for all makes and models.

We offer Tacoma World members a discounted price on all of our Bilstein Kit's

Bilstein 5100 Series Pre Load Adjustable
2005 Newer Tacoma 2&4WD complete Kit (4)
Regular price $279.99 including FREE SHIPPING!

TACOMA WORLD MEMBERS $269.99 SHIPPED TO YOUR DOOR FOR FREE!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
I stock all the Bilstein 5100 series Pre Load Adjustable kits for all makes and models.

We offer Tacoma World members a discounted price on all of our Bilstein Kit's

Bilstein 5100 Series Pre Load Adjustable
2005 Newer Tacoma 2&4WD complete Kit (4)
Regular price $279.99 including FREE SHIPPING!

TACOMA WORLD MEMBERS $269.99 SHIPPED TO YOUR DOOR FOR FREE!
dang.....wish i had known that earlier this summer.........i got mine from ya'll and they were $295!! great customer service though!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #20
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
For some reason the 96-04 Model Bilstien 5100's are more money than the 05 and newer by $30.00 or so...? I never understood why tho- You got a good deal, it just was the model year difference...

Thanks for the comment!

Its the customer service that keeps us afloat! - The good prices dont hurt either!

Jon P DSM