Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME coil and 5100 Questions maybe AAL

Old 01-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
txduckhunter's Tacoma Gallery
OME coil and 5100 Questions maybe AAL

Hey all, I'm wanting to get the OME 885s and run The bilsteins at .85 to bring up the front.

I have an 08 DC LB 4x4 and it just has a 3 leaf pack in the back.

I prefer my trucks to be level or slightly front high and what I'm wondering is if I should just leave the rear stock to make me front high or if I could put on the 1.5" toytec aal that is designed for Tacos with the TSB leaf in order to keep it level.

Not sure if this is doable or not, just wondering of anybody has done it or thinks it will work.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't run the 5100's at .85 with the 885 coils unless they're used and have sagged. They're a tall coil, let them do the lifting, no preloading required. They'll get you to around 2.5" of lift with the 5100's set at 0, if you want to go higher, look into the smaller top plate spacers (1/2" driver side and 1/4" passenger side).

With that up front and the stock leaf pack in the rear, you'll be pretty nose high. If you don't have a TSB rear, don't get the TSB AAL, get the AAL that's meant for your leaf pack. There's no benefit to using the TSB AAL vs. the non-TSB AAL.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Red - I put dbags in their place
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should leave the bils @ 0, and get the TSB done, sounds exactly like you want it.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Red - I put dbags in their place
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
With the 885s though, can't edit on my phone.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

My truck is an 08 that I just purchased with 65k.

I was under the impression that you had to buy new and be under warranty to get the TSB done?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by txduckhunter View Post
My truck is an 08 that I just purchased with 65k.

I was under the impression that you had to buy new and be under warranty to get the TSB done?
It's covered in the 3 yr 36k mile warranty.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It's covered in the 3 yr 36k mile warranty.

Thats what I thought. Anybody know how nose high I will be riding with this set up?

I would like to get an AAL but not 2".
Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by txduckhunter View Post
Thats what I thought. Anybody know how nose high I will be riding with this set up?

I would like to get an AAL but not 2".
Measure between the center of your hub to the fender as it sits now. The OME coils on 5100's set at 0 will give you about 2.5" of lift up front. Add that to your current measurement and then it's personal preference as to how much higher you want the rear to sit relative to the front.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #9
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Pugga did you have the TSB done? I still getting some interference from the dealership.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
Pugga did you have the TSB done? I still getting some interference from the dealership.
I did get the TSB but it was back in 2008.

Since then I've replaced the suspension again on my own dime because even the TSB leaf packs couldn't keep up. I ended up buying a new/used TSB pack from another member and putting in the Icon 1.5" 3-leaf progressive AAL and couldn't be happier with the results
Old 01-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Pugga whats your lift height in the front? your back is 1.5?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
Pugga whats your lift height in the front? your back is 1.5?
Up front I've got 5100's set at 0 with Eibachs so lift is about 1.6". For the rear I'm 2" over TSB height when unloaded. I used the Icon AAL but they tell you to remove the overload leaf (for better flex). I left mine in because I still haul and tow frequently so I ended up gaining an extra 1/2". Unloaded I'd be barracuda style but I did it that way because I have a shell, plywood platform and tools with me all the time to squat it down a bit.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have OME 885's up front with the top plate spacer and 5100's set at 0". In the rear I have 2" AAL's. I sit perfectly level right now. Mine is a SB though.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
ComaChic will become famous soon enough

ComaChic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I have OME 885's up front with the top plate spacer and 5100's set at 0". In the rear I have 2" AAL's. I sit perfectly level right now. Mine is a SB though.
What size tire do you have exactly. 4.5" bs I'm assuming? Minor trim needed? Exact setup I want to use. What spacer do you have just the one 1/4 driver side one or the 3/4 ones like TOYTEC has

Thanks