Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LR UCA alignment question - Has anyone tried this? Is it possible? LR UCA pros please

Old 01-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Dave.YYC is on a distinguished road

Dave.YYC's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb LR UCA alignment question - Has anyone tried this? Is it possible? LR UCA pros please

As the title says, I'm curious to know if anyone has had any success with, or if it is even possible to:

Set the LR UCA lock plate to the -1* setting to achieve a +1* caster 'additional' then used the LCA cams to dial in the remaining 1.4* to achieve the ideal 2.4* that seems to be favored on the forums.

The reason I ask is because, from how I understand it, the LCA caster cam adjustments do not throw your tire further back in the wheel well; subsequently lowering the chances of body mount rub.

Does anyone know if it is possible to achieve 1.4* using the LCA cams?

Or is is best not to fudge with the eccentric washer? I have seen posts regarding broken frame tabs.

Or, am I completely out to lunch on all of this and should just crawl back into my dark corner quietly?

Best,
Dave
Old 01-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Yes , check out bjmoose's review of the LR UCA's
Old 01-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
I set mine and 0 and haven't rubbed since.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
Dave.YYC is on a distinguished road

Dave.YYC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Perfect, thank you.

Bjmoose indicates he achieved 1.7/2.0 caster using a combination of the LCA eccentrics and -1* plate position on the LR UCA's. He also acknowledged the trade off between caster and clearance with this configuration. I'm going to assume he attempted to reach max caster on the LCA eccentrics instead of merely stopping at 1.7/2.0, but I could be wrong.

In summary, this could be an ideal alignment configuration for LR UCA owners that have back of tire clearance issues and would rather choose a lesser caster angle over a cab mount chop.