1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LR UCA alignment question - Has anyone tried this? Is it possible? LR UCA pros please

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Dave.YYC, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jan 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    Dave.YYC

Dave.YYC [OP] Member

Member:
    As the title says, I'm curious to know if anyone has had any success with, or if it is even possible to:

Set the LR UCA lock plate to the -1* setting to achieve a +1* caster 'additional' then used the LCA cams to dial in the remaining 1.4* to achieve the ideal 2.4* that seems to be favored on the forums.

The reason I ask is because, from how I understand it, the LCA caster cam adjustments do not throw your tire further back in the wheel well; subsequently lowering the chances of body mount rub.

Does anyone know if it is possible to achieve 1.4* using the LCA cams?

Or is is best not to fudge with the eccentric washer? I have seen posts regarding broken frame tabs.

Or, am I completely out to lunch on all of this and should just crawl back into my dark corner quietly?

Best,
    Dave

2. Jan 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Yes , check out bjmoose's review of the LR UCA's

3. Jan 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    I set mine and 0 and haven't rubbed since.

4. Jan 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
  5. Jan 19, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  6. Jan 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    Dave.YYC

Dave.YYC [OP] Member

Member:

Perfect, thank you.

Bjmoose indicates he achieved 1.7/2.0 caster using a combination of the LCA eccentrics and -1* plate position on the LR UCA's. He also acknowledged the trade off between caster and clearance with this configuration. I'm going to assume he attempted to reach max caster on the LCA eccentrics instead of merely stopping at 1.7/2.0, but I could be wrong.

In summary, this could be an ideal alignment configuration for LR UCA owners that have back of tire clearance issues and would rather choose a lesser caster angle over a cab mount chop.

Products Discussed in

To Top