Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ome 885 vs Eibach

Old 01-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knine00 View Post
So the guy sold the springs to someone else. Would it be better to add the spacer then preload my eibach springs to 2.5?
You should only use the 0 or .85 setting on the 5100's with Eibach coils. Don't preload them any further, they're too strong of a spring for that much preload and it can cause coil binding. If you put the 5100's at .85, you'll get right around 2.5" of lift up front. If you want a little bit more, you could put a 1/2" top plate on the driver's side and 1/4" on the passenger side. That would gain you a little extra and be relatively inexpensive to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
The red eibach's I have are #600 and heard they have some silver one's as well. Bilstein suggests to only use the eibachs as thats what they were desiged for. I'm assuming it's due to the different lengths?? Maybe the spring rate type.....I think the eibachs are progressive and the OME's are linear and softer?? Just some thoughts!
I don't know about the red ones, the silver ones are 620#/in. Also not sure about linear vs. progressive but I thought I read both were linear. The OME coils just have a lower spring rate so they'll compress more easily on softer hits and are made taller so you get more lift without preloading the coil.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #22
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I have the silver eibach. I am still thinking about picking up a set of 885 so I dont need to preload!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I have been looking around today and decided I want to run 285 with little to no trimming. Which set up will acheive this?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #24
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe call toytec. They sell both springs and can explain in better detail! You'll be good in either situation. The preload isn't going to be like a spacer lift and most prefer the firmer ride!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #25
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Buy these:
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

Then these:
http://www.rocky-road.com/tacoma.html

Then this:
https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...sion/05flipkit

Then this for alignment:
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...l-arm-kit.html

Then this if you have no TSB:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Or this if you have TSB leafs:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Enjoy.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #26
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Also search in the vendors section for coupon codes, you'll save over $100..
Old 02-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
MattDriver is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MattDriver's Tacoma Gallery
OME!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #29
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakDwn View Post
I have 885's I'm selling. shoot me a message if you're interested.
Are you upgrading to something else or changing springs?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #30
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry man I just bought some on tuesday!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #31
moelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nice

moelov's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to ask but between the two coils why do you get a lean with eibachs? Or does ome have it also?
I have been researching and searching... And I know some are effected and some not. Could it be how much fuel you carry / the spring compression?

What confuses me is if eibach has a greater spring rate, then could it be the length?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #32
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moelov View Post
I hate to ask but between the two coils why do you get a lean with eibachs? Or does ome have it also?
I have been researching and searching... And I know some are effected and some not. Could it be how much fuel you carry / the spring compression?

What confuses me is if eibach has a greater spring rate, then could it be the length?
You will get a lean with either if you don't adjust for it .
Old 04-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #33
TotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dan
TotalBrutal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moelov View Post

Seems to vary truck to truck. I didn't get the lean after putting in OME 884 coils. My drivers side is MAYBE 1/4" lower than passenger side in the front. Not even noticeable. I bought a trim spacer with my coils to be on the safe side, but if you are like me you wont have to use it, and can sell it!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #34
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The OME coil will get you to 2.5" without any preloading or top plates. OME with trim packers will get you to a full 3".
1/2" lift from a trim packer?
They put one on the driver side to correct Taco lean.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #35
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to use OME shocks , you use the 3/16" OME Trim Packer on the driver's side shock at the bottom of the shock under the coil seat , it provides approx 3/8" of lift
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #36
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Is it bad to put the billys at .85 and use the OME 885 coils? Or no? Are there gonna be any issues?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #37
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
ditto

i am looking at buying either the OME springs or the elbiach springs to put on my 5100s. not sure which ones to get, both are priced about the same. i currently have the 5100s at 2.5 on stock springs and the ride is rough. im happy w/ the height though - which will ride the best to achieve the same height?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #38
Old Fart
Rival14 has a spectacular aura aboutRival14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dave, The Lip Ripper Extraordinaire
Rival14's Tacoma Gallery
. Jeff at toytec spent 15 minutes with me and after I described my uses for my Taco it was decided. Thanks Jeff.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #39
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
I currently have 5100 / toytec springs and I am adding an aluminum Relentless bumper with a Warn VR10,000-S winch.

So I'm wondering if I need to change the springs to 885x?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #40
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about the differences between the Eibach coils but I was running ome 885s and now am running toytec ULK and it is soo much smoother than ome. Don't get me wrong ome is good just wasn't for me.