Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best Option for New Lift

View Poll Results: Which Lift/Suspension Set up?
Eibach Coils w/ 5100's @ 0" and Rear 5100's 9 37.50%
OME 885 Coils w/ AAL (not sure of size) 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Best Option for New Lift

Its gonna be my 21st bday in a couple weeks (yes ) and I anticipate some extra cash to go along w/ work money. So I am debating what new lift i should get. Currently I have the 5100's up front set at .85" w/ NO rear lift or TSB. I am debating between just getting the Eibach coils and rear 5100's and keeping no rear lift to avoid vibes, but I am also thinking going OME 885's w/ an AAL (not sure which size?) I want to be level w/ no rake and although i would love to have a higher lift as it looks better, my biggest concern is vibes, which is why i was originally just thinking Eibachs and no rear lift.

Let me know what you think along w/ experiences...
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I say Eibachs/5100's front and AAL w/ stock TRD's on the rear. That way you're lifted and you can always buy rear shocks when $$ comes available.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Your first option still needs a rear lift item. The rear 5100's don't provide any lift.
I think that was his point, the rear stays stock and the Eibachs will lift the front so it's level.

I like my Eibach's but I've got a 1.5" AAL for the rear. I like having a little rake.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I think that was his point, the rear stays stock and the Eibachs will lift the front so it's level.

I like my Eibach's but I've got a 1.5" AAL for the rear. I like having a little rake.
yes exactly
Old 01-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:

Then I'm confused about the two different options....The 885s will have a lot of lift with the AAL and the Eibachs will be leveled up a bit-

So what is the goal??
Old 01-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Then I'm confused about the two different options....The 885s will have a lot of lift with the AAL and the Eibachs will be leveled up a bit-

So what is the goal??
That's what the poll is all about. Option 1 - Level off by putting Eibachs up front and the rear stays stock (avoids any real concerns with introducing vibrations or the potential need for new UCA's) or Option 2 - Level and lift using 885's and an AAL.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #9

Quote:
That's what the poll is all about. Option 1 - Level off by putting Eibachs up front and the rear stays stock (avoids any real concerns with introducing vibrations or the potential need for new UCA's) or Option 2 - Level and lift using 885's and an AAL.
yes i guess I should've made it more specific, but Pugga has it dead on. I'm scared of possible vibes, thus my first option was eibachs w/ 5100's set at 0 and NO rear lift option, just replace stock TRD shocks with rear 5100's. But after looking at other options, I am also considering the OME 884/885 coils with an AAL. After talking to toytec, i think my best option is to go with the 884 coils and a 1.5" AAL but I'm still apprehensive about vibes etc. 885's seem to be netting more lift than what I'm looking for...

Also would use driver side "lean" spacer with any setup i choose
Old 01-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, another poll of this.....lol! I voted eibach's and 5100's!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
So how much lift do you want? Keep in mind if you go with 885's, you get into the range where you might need new upper control arms to get alignment within spec. 884's will put you at around 2" of lift and Eibachs will put you at 1.6" of lift. If you want to lift and level, I'd go with 884's and a 1.5" AAL. You should be able to retain the factory UCA's, hopefully avoid vibes although nothing is certain but that'd be a decent, low lift.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Just lift it OME with AAL cant go wrong with that. also looks good
Old 01-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Black Taco View Post
Just lift it OME with Dakars cant go wrong with that. also looks good
Fixed
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
It's weird, I see everyone talk about eibachs making you level and then 884s and 885s taking you to about 2 - 2.5", but I haven't seen conversation on the 883 on Toytec's site. They say it levels out the tacoma but no one seems to be choosing or discussing that as an option for leveling. I got tired of waiting for the eibachs to come back in stock, so I started looking around and it sounds like the OME is a little smoother ride versus the eibach / billy combo.

I personally researched quite a bit before buying the 883 with the OME shocks all around from Toytec. I should get it next week. I figure it will level out the truck and upgrade the ride of the truck. I know I'll lift later, but for the moment I just want to go level but with this kit, I figure I'm just a coil spring, 2" AAL and UCAs away from a lift if I ever want to go that way.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #15

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by damole View Post
It's weird, I see everyone talk about eibachs making you level and then 884s and 885s taking you to about 2 - 2.5", but I haven't seen conversation on the 883 on Toytec's site. They say it levels out the tacoma but no one seems to be choosing or discussing that as an option for leveling. I got tired of waiting for the eibachs to come back in stock, so I started looking around and it sounds like the OME is a little smoother ride versus the eibach / billy combo.

I personally researched quite a bit before buying the 883 with the OME shocks all around from Toytec. I should get it next week. I figure it will level out the truck and upgrade the ride of the truck. I know I'll lift later, but for the moment I just want to go level but with this kit, I figure I'm just a coil spring, 2" AAL and UCAs away from a lift if I ever want to go that way.
Did you confirm the 883's work with the 2nd Gens? I thought I read somewhere they weren't compatible. If they are, they're about .4 inches shorter than the 884's so you'd gain about the same lift as Eibach coils. Again, I'd confirm they fit before buying though. There's probably a reason no one uses them on 2nd Gens.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
Mr. Magoo

Quote:
Did you confirm the 883's work with the 2nd Gens? I thought I read somewhere they weren't compatible. If they are, they're about .4 inches shorter than the 884's so you'd gain about the same lift as Eibach coils. Again, I'd confirm they fit before buying though. There's probably a reason no one uses them on 2nd Gens.
Yeah, I have seen very little reference to them anywhere really except for the 1st gen, which people seem to say the same thing that they think they heard it won't work. Most of the other sites like wheelers and downsouth either list em as 1st gen or don't list them at all. Other sites list the 880, 881, 882 as 1st gen, then 884, 885, 886 for 2nd gen. Toytec confirmed on the phone this morning they work and they will level out the truck, just odd this hasn't gotten a little more attention. I would think there would be a benefit to setting a truck all up with OME and someone would have asked before. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #17

Quote:
So how much lift do you want? Keep in mind if you go with 885's, you get into the range where you might need new upper control arms to get alignment within spec. 884's will put you at around 2" of lift and Eibachs will put you at 1.6" of lift. If you want to lift and level, I'd go with 884's and a 1.5" AAL. You should be able to retain the factory UCA's, hopefully avoid vibes although nothing is certain but that'd be a decent, low lift.
yes this is what I'm leaning towards now. Will prob order in a few days and its cheaper than going coils+new rear struts so that is a good thing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damole View Post
Yeah, I have seen very little reference to them anywhere really except for the 1st gen, which people seem to say the same thing that they think they heard it won't work. Most of the other sites like wheelers and downsouth either list em as 1st gen or don't list them at all. Other sites list the 880, 881, 882 as 1st gen, then 884, 885, 886 for 2nd gen. Toytec confirmed on the phone this morning they work and they will level out the truck, just odd this hasn't gotten a little more attention. I would think there would be a benefit to setting a truck all up with OME and someone would have asked before. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
I asked toytec about this as well and they told me as well that the 883's do work on the second gens, its just that they give even less lift than the Eibachs which was my minimum amount of lift choice if that makes sense. Let everyone know how they work out cuz I'm sure if you have a good experience more may order since they can't currently get the Eibachs...
Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
Mr. Magoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
I asked toytec about this as well and they told me as well that the 883's do work on the second gens, its just that they give even less lift than the Eibachs which was my minimum amount of lift choice if that makes sense. Let everyone know how they work out cuz I'm sure if you have a good experience more may order since they can't currently get the Eibachs...
I asked them about the comparison between eibach and 883 and then said the same lift between the two. I've measured and like everyone else, I am at 1.6 from being dead level. If the 883 gives a 1.5 in the front versus 1.6 with the eibach but I get a smoother ride with the 883, I'll be happy with that. I'll post up pics and my thoughts on the ride after I get things installed this coming week. I should have tires and wheels going on by the weekend too.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
This is just my opinion. I lifted at 2.5 with 5100s and now wish i would of done some 885 and say fawk it add the uca and ill eat rice for a week. Dont regret it, get it right.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #20

can anyone explain the difference between the progressive leaf pack vs a standard AAL? Also is the $150 on wheelers for the leaf pack per each side or per pair for anyone who has them? I don't tow anything and the only time i'm heavily loaded down is when all my roomates (all 200+ pounds and one 350 pound d lineman) are in the car, and then i bottom out. Just looking to save myself some money