Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Could use some advise on leveling

Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
sparks305 is on a distinguished road
Navy: QM2, USS Port Royal 2004-2009, Center for Surface Combat Systems Pearl Harbor 2009-2012
Name: Michael
sparks305's Tacoma Gallery
Could use some advise on leveling

I've been reading many threads about lifts throughout the forums, and came across Bilstein 5100 Series - Ride Height Adjustable shocks multiple times. So my question is do I need anything else to lvl my truck out? new springs, a lowered drop diff, wheel alignment? I am very new to modifying the suspension.

While I'm at it I figure I would also replace the back shocks with Bilstein 5100.

Back end is 2" higher then front end, and for some reason when I measure from the highest point on the tire to the body I get different measurements from both sides (maybe the driveway is exactly level?).

Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks305 View Post
I've been reading many threads about lifts throughout the forums, and came across Bilstein 5100 Series - Ride Height Adjustable shocks multiple times. So my question is do I need anything else to lvl my truck out? new springs, a lowered drop diff, wheel alignment? I am very new to modifying the suspension.

While I'm at it I figure I would also replace the back shocks with Bilstein 5100.

Back end is 2" higher then front end, and for some reason when I measure from the highest point on the tire to the body I get different measurements from both sides (maybe the driveway is exactly level?).

Thanks for the advice!
You would only need the shocks to level out the truck. They are designed to be used with the stock springs.

You do not need a diff drop because you have a prerunner, which does not have a front diff in the first place.

Any time you modify the suspension you should get an alignment.

It's not surprising you got different measurements on each side. Tacomas have a lean towards the drivers side due to the driver and fuel tank being on the same side.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
MattDriver is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MattDriver's Tacoma Gallery
5100's front and rear, fronts set at 1.75 and a front end alignment and you are good to go. You should not have any vibes. no need for cb drop, shims, or diff drop.