1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB leafs after warranty?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Moshenek, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jan 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM
    Moshenek

Moshenek [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Norfolk
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCSB
    I just got my 05 DCSB a few months ago. When purchasing my taco the previous owner told me she had an AAL in the rear to match the spacer lift up front (revtech). The truck has 4 leafs in the pack so Im assuming the TSB is missing. Is there anyway to get the TSB after warranty. Or would I be better off just getting another aal leaf/1"block and call it a day? She sags a bit in the back and id like to get more rake that I have.

I am unsure of the dimensions/specifications of the TSB leaf compared to an AAL so any info would be great.

Im not too impressed with the spacer lift as a whole and may shit-can the whole package and go for the legit 3 incher. HOWEVER im on a college budget atm so the cheaper the better. :eek:

Thanks guys
    -Michael

2. Jan 22, 2012 at 5:00 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You might be able to get them from a dealer-but it's unlikely. You can also try to find someone who is upgrading their rear end and is getting rid of theirs (I'll be getting rid of mine-but shipping to norfolk would not be cheap).

3. Jan 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Moshenek

Moshenek [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Norfolk
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCSB
    ok thanks anyway! Im hoping that its similar to an ordinary AAL and I can just add one

4. Jan 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    TheDan

TheDan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Shasta Lake, California
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab Short Bed TRD OR
    I believe it is a whole new leaf pack that you get with the TSB.

5. Jan 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    Moshenek

Moshenek [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Norfolk
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCSB
    Well that sucks. I guess Ill try and find some fender to center cap dimensions and try to compensate.
    What is the general conscious about small blocks on the rear axles for these trucks? I ran big-ass blocks on my previous truck (85 silverado) and never experienced any problems. But she was primarily an offroad vehicle so Id be more cautious on the taco.

Products Discussed in

To Top