Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1 inch body lift

Old 01-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Air Force: GREEN LIGHT!
Name: Clayton
Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
1 inch body lift

Alright, I’m thinking about doing a 1 inch body lift on my truck, I’m running a three inch suspension lift W/ dakars in the back. The tires I’m running are 295/70/R17 Nitto Trail grapplers.
My truck looks great but there are some rubbing issues, I have a custom high clearance front bumper in the works from total chaos (I’ve actually put it on hold while I decided to research this body lift) I plan on doing the cab mount chop as well. I think a 1 inch BL will help give my tuck that little extra clearance I need, without trimming the wheel wells.

I am recently deployed so I figured I could use this time to do my research, before I make a decision.

I’d like to hear from other guys who are running body lifts, any specific advice, trouble shooting issues, Install tips, extra parts and equipment needed

Where did you get your lift from? Or did you make it?

I plan on adding to this post as time goes on with links and what not; maybe I can help others in the same dilemma.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
There are a couple please running these on the forum, myself and n0rth. He was the guy that pioneered the idea and I just followed suit for the same reasons you have described above.

I did a writeup here that should help you

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-install.html

If you have specific questions just send me a PM.
VERY NICE, and very helpful. big part of the info i was looking for

did you both go through

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/....shtml#Tacoma3 ?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #3

Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
What about bed spacers and rear bumper relocation brackets? Good idea or not needed?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I've been thinking about this too! I want to run 35" with Icons at their pre set height and keep stock fenders and was thinking the body lift would help! Hows the lengevity with heavy to moderate wheeling?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Dude, I've been thinking about this too! I want to run 35" with Icons at their pre set height and keep stock fenders and was thinking the body lift would help! Hows the lengevity with heavy to moderate wheeling?
Copy cat!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Lol.........great minds think alike! I'll prob get allpro fenders and then I'd really be a copy cat.......haha!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #7

Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I like this section on their site that talks about "puck" size... makes me feel a little more confident in it... I will of course go with the "Ultimate" Vs the normal

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...andardUltimate

as for the bumpers, I have a custom front being made by Relentless (who is waiting to hear my verdict on the BL) ti save some money i was going to keep the rear stock... for now

Now I'm playinggggggg around with going with a 1.5 in BL... bad idea?