1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice on which mid travel setup

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SocalMGM, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jan 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    SocalMGM

SocalMGM [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 Longbed
    Spindle lift, Bilstein 5100's on all corners, Ultragauge, CB radio, BFG all-terrains 285/75/16, satoshi grille, Desert guy's Light bar, 4 Hella 700's converted to HID, 5000k HID headlights, 3000k HID foglights, Raceline "predator" wheels
    So I've been wanting to mid travel my truck for some time and almost have the money together to do it.

Now my question is which company should I buy from? For those with mid travel are you running king, icon or fox etc. etc. and how do you like it?

I'm currently running a 4 inch spindle lift, aal and bilsteins set at 0" on all four corners, this is fine for light trail riding but I want to step it up a little bit.

Thanks a lot for all help in advance

2. Jan 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    SocalMGM

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 Longbed
    Spindle lift, Bilstein 5100's on all corners, Ultragauge, CB radio, BFG all-terrains 285/75/16, satoshi grille, Desert guy's Light bar, 4 Hella 700's converted to HID, 5000k HID headlights, 3000k HID foglights, Raceline "predator" wheels
    Anybody???

3. Jan 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    No ones answered most likely, cause this has been covered multiple times on here!

But I'll cut you some slack :p

Basically, it's pick a color.:cool:

King, Fox & SAW's are all a progressive Valving, and the Icon's are Digressive (search this and you'll find the info you need).

Can't realy go wrong with any of them, older SAW's have a habit of rusting tho. I'd go with whatever you can get the best deal on:cool:

4. Jan 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    SocalMGM

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 Longbed
    Thanks a lot, I did do a search before I posted the tread but I couldn't find anybody posting up the actual performance of any of these kits.
    Once again, thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top