Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #41
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
so a new leaf pack, 10" travel shocks, ubolt flip and relocate shocks like || got me -1 travel.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #42
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebro 5 View Post
so a new leaf pack, 10" travel shocks, ubolt flip and relocate shocks like || got me -1 travel.
are you sure you're maxing out your travel? like full droop?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Where the fuck do you guys get longer brake lines at???

Also, I'm so confused with lifted suspensions. lol

Someone point me to a thread that tells me how to find a proper rear shock to couple with a leaf pack, ie All-Pro or Deaver leaf packs, please!
all pro, poly performance, toy tec
Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #44
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You said 10" travel at the wheel. 10" stroke shocks will give you more than 10" at the wheel.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #45

Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #46

my shocks dont stop the travel at full bump or droop
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #47

Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #49

Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #50
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
all pro, poly performance, toy tec
I did not know AP had extended brake lines, thanks.

If I went with AP 3" lift springs, would TRD Billies be enough until I found better rear shocks?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #51

Quote:

If I went with AP 3" lift springs, would TRD Billies be enough until I found better rear shocks?
i dont know about second gens
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #52
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
You could run them for the time being. They would limit down travel and may limit uptravel (that I'm not sure of tho).
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #53
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Im going to be running stock size 5100 with my AP leafs. As long as i dont offroad, it should last me till i get replacements.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #54
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
You could run them for the time being. They would limit down travel and may limit uptravel (that I'm not sure of tho).
How do people actually measure the amount of travel they have?

I'm assuming the frame notch from my lowered days allows more up travel, right?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #55
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
Im going to be running stock size 5100 with my AP leafs. As long as i dont offroad, it should last me till i get replacements.
I have whatever stock TRD Billies are. No clue. lol
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #56
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do people actually measure the amount of travel they have?

I'm assuming the frame notch from my lowered days allows more up travel, right?
It depends on the bumpstops, tire size(hitting fender) , breaklines and the collapsed length of the shock. these are all variables to rear travel.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #57
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
josh has the stockers on those leafs now and it will get you by
Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #58
Shiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant future

Name: Joey
Shiftytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

IIRC the TRD billies are too short and at full down travel could over extend the shock and bust it. You would need to add longer travel shocks when you add bigger then 2 inches of lift. I think thats why some people get away with running stock billies with AAL. Right...lol

Nevermind...late :P
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #59
Chewie is my Co-pilot

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
josh has the stockers on those leafs now and it will get you by
which Josh???
but that means i cant mob dez in the mean time
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #60
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
which Josh???
but that means i cant mob dez in the mean time
psh you know which josh!

Products Discussed in this Thread