Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #10581
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks close to me. I'd make it work. You can't kink those lines with a little bending. Little added stress is always good on a hose lol
Old 04-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #10582
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
I will this weekend
What joo talkin' bout?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #10583
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
pipe wrench cheater bar and a hammer...and it BARELY MOVED haha mines different then yours though
Old 04-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #10584
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I don't think they have been offered for long. Definitely cool that they gave that option. Wonder if they will come out the with a 14" 650# or even 600# spring
This^^^^^^
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #10585
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
did the leaf pack/shackle movement test before, forgot to post up

tied a string around the center of the front hanger/bushing, lined it up along the leaf pack, sharpie'd where it sat on the rear shackle

pulled it taught, looked at where the sharpie'd mark was now (that dark spot is dirt on the string, the mark is around where my thumb is

So apparently the stock shackle is just a tiny bit too short. idk if I should reinstall my shackles now

damnit jason I was totez set on just throwing it on for gnar travel before haha
Old 04-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #10586
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrom32 View Post
How did you do it? Thats cause there is a thread locker on it.

Im taking it to King tomorrow. They claim that it was the installers fault for not noticing it. Yet it came like that so I have no idea why it would be the installers fault for what putting it on wrong?! No! It only goes on one way! They also claim that it was make for the OEM UCA's not aftermarket and wouldn't work with it.

With the hose ordeal he said that they would take a look at it and if it did need to be replaced I would need to take the whole coilover off myself and give it to them without the truck to put a new one on.

What do you guys think about this?

Are they extended travel coilovers ? Usually they need aftermarket uca's . Do the spindles have anything to do with the angles ?

2 things I don't like about king . Their resi fitting location and how they come with no preload . Couple others but ill keep it to myself .
Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #10587
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

pulled it taught, looked at where the sharpie'd mark was now (that dark spot is dirt on the string, the mark is around where my thumb is

So apparently the stock shackle is just a tiny bit too short. idk if I should reinstall my shackles now

damnit jason I was totez set on just throwing it on for gnar travel before haha
I see the sharpie mark. Could just be the angle, but it doesn't look like the stock shackle is short at all. It pivots on the top bolt and looks like it would rotate rearward enough to hit your sharpie line.

You can still put on your longer shackles...at the sacrifice of uptravel, pinon angle, and stinkbug status.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #10588
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Are they extended travel coilovers ? Usually they need aftermarket uca's . Do the spindles have anything to do with the angles ?

2 things I don't like about king . Their resi fitting location and how they come with no preload . Couple others but ill keep it to myself .
let's hear it. agree with the fitting location. the preload? well, I only preloaded the driver's side to combat taco leanitis(I have #650 coils). the driver's rear corner still leans though
Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #10589
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I see the sharpie mark. Could just be the angle, but it doesn't look like the stock shackle is short at all. It pivots on the top bolt and looks like it would rotate rearward enough to hit your sharpie line.

You can still put on your longer shackles...at the sacrifice of uptravel, pinon angle, and stinkbug status.
er, that dark spot was some dirt/grease. the mark I put was right in front of my thumb, by where my pointer is, but rotated out from where I took the picture
but I made another string the length of the shackle and rotated it, it's a just a tad short

idk whether I should be that anal about it haha

thanks for the heads up about doing that though. fucking simple, why the fuck hadnt i thought of that
Old 04-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #10590
Swetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant future

Name: Tyler
Swetpants's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Don't think that's going to work for his set up . That 90 needs to move .

Here's his
Looks to me like the installer might of actually put the right resi holder on the left side and viseversa. Notice how the holder cross member is angled tower the back. Look at my picture. It is angled towards the front. (Not sure if it matters though, I don't remember if the holes are centered) It just might be pushing the resi holder forward enough to cause the hose rubbing. My 90* angle looks identical to ours and I don't have any issues. Easy fix, give it a try. Here's my picture.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #10591
Swetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant future

And just so you know, don't waste your time going down to king unless you have taken the coil over off, they will be able to do nothing with it on the truck. The tool they use is a regular crescent wrench with a cheater bar welded to the end to give it more leverage. I had to take my secondary shock down to them to have the elbow adjusted. They just wrench on it like we would, shock still charged and everything.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #10592

After comparing the pictures closer. Just loosen up the resi and push it back a 1/2 inch or so. Look at mine. I have no issues with rubbing. Like the other guy said, don't be worried about having the resi centered in the clamps. Elementary.....
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #10593
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetpants View Post
And just so you know, don't waste your time going down to king unless you have taken the coil over off, they will be able to do nothing with it on the truck. The tool they use is a regular crescent wrench with a cheater bar welded to the end to give it more leverage. I had to take my secondary shock down to them to have the elbow adjusted. They just wrench on it like we would, shock still charged and everything.
Get a build thread started!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #10594
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Would you guys recommend switching from a 13" 650lb coil to a 14" 600lb coil on my Icon coilovers? I won't have an aftermarket bumper for while and a winch even longer.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #10595
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Would you guys recommend switching from a 13" 650lb coil to a 14" 600lb coil on my Icon coilovers? I won't have an aftermarket bumper for while and a winch even longer.
You would have less preload for sure. Are you feeling like the 650# is too rough? Why not just go to a 650# 14" spring?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #10596
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I would stay with a 650# spring mainly because that is what Icon uses so the shock is valved accordingly for use of that spring
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #10597

So after talking with Neil at DSM
Quote:
King can build that Tacoma shock with a remote reservoir however you will need to fabricate your own sway bar drop brackets and reservoir mounting brackets as they do not have any available because that older model Tacoma kit is only built standard w/o a reservoir. The 1995.5-2004 Tacoma front coil over in a extended travel with a remote reservoir and 600# coil would be $1425.42/pair

fuck
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #10598
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Do first gens get real squirrely without their sway bar? Why not ditch the bar and get weld on res mounts? I think they're like ten bucks a set.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #10599
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
So after talking with Neil at DSM

fuck
You would be surprised how much you would probably like the way the truck drives with out the sway bar?

Can you weld or do you have access to a welder? Ce sell some mounts that weld on to the frame.. You would need two per shock so a total of 4.
They are 1.99 each.

Micah
Old 04-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #10600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
You would be surprised how much you would probably like the way the truck drives with out the sway bar?

Can you weld or do you have access to a welder? Ce sell some mounts that weld on to the frame.. You would need two per shock so a total of 4.
They are 1.99 each.

Micah
I was gonna leave the sway bar off after my MT swap, but don't have access to a welder.

gave me some crap to think about, ill try see if I can find someone who could do it for me

Products Discussed in this Thread