Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #10581
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo13 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info guys so do y'all know if the icon resi 2.0 shocks will work with the all pro leaf pack? And I'm guessing if I do get one it should be the normal one not the expedition leafs since all ima have back there is a spare tire and a high lift jack. And a cooler or tasty beverages when I go wheelin.maybe a plate bumper in the future .
Yes 2.0 shocks will work fine with the AP pack and def just get the standards if you aren't carrying several hundred pounds constantly
Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #10583
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions needed on secondary shocks!

Hey all,
I am installing the Icon stage 4 set up and have the S2 2ndary hoop set up as well. My problem now is which S2 shock to add. The Icon bypass remote res is >$1700 for the pair versus the smooth body remote res, with their CDC external tuning valve clicker, for about $1096 for the pair. Wheeling in New England so I don't expect a ton of heat buildup in the units (especially with a dual set up) but I can certainly apprecite the increased flexibility the tuneablity of the bypass type shock offers over the more basic smooth body. Thanks for any insights you guys can lend!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #10585
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
Hey all,
I am installing the Icon stage 4 set up and have the S2 2ndary hoop set up as well. My problem now is which S2 shock to add. The Icon bypass remote res is >$1700 for the pair versus the smooth body remote res, with their CDC external tuning valve clicker, for about $1096 for the pair. Wheeling in New England so I don't expect a ton of heat buildup in the units (especially with a dual set up) but I can certainly apprecite the increased flexibility the tuneablity of the bypass type shock offers over the more basic smooth body. Thanks for any insights you guys can lend!

Not trying to change you mind, but a secondary sounds like a waste of money for your needs. That said, if you're going with the S2 setup for tunabilty, don't run a smoothbody. The only real advantage the smoothy would give you would be for more shock oil...which as you mentioned you won't really have a problem with oil heat in NE.

Also there are other shock companies out there besides ICON. My triple bypasses Kings were about $1300
Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #10587
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Not trying to change you mind, but a secondary sounds like a waste of money for your needs. That said, if you're going with the S2 setup for tunabilty, don't run a smoothbody. The only real advantage the smoothy would give you would be for more shock oil...which as you mentioned you won't really have a problem with oil heat in NE.

Also there are other shock companies out there besides ICON. My triple bypasses Kings were about $1300
Big Difference between the King's and Icon's for the set-up he has. Specific length to work with the shock S2 shock hoop and lower arm skid they mount on. The Icon bypasses also have a RR, since a piggyback style resi takes up too much room in the wheel well with the rest of the moving parts.

As opposed to King's, Icon's secondary shocks for the S2 systems also have a built in "bump zone" So really your getting a secondary shock and a bumpstop in one small bolt on package. With the CDC on the smoothie it does make it tuneable to an extent. not as much as a bypass would, but it will be tuneable easily for his street driving, then off on the trails.

Both the Bypass or the smooth body with Resi's and CDC will be a great next step and noticeable. No matter the desert or back east, in the mountains, you will always have "Oh sh*t" moments where that extra shock is gonna save a big repair bill or even worse a big hospital bill. None the less Erik is doing it right the first time.

Not bashing King, they are proven and work, but He already has Icon, the S2 setup, and a King just wont work with what he already has.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #10588
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
if you want bypasses

prepare your wallet
Exactly why I am still on the fence
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #10589
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
Exactly why I am still on the fence
but don't mind my fuckstick commentary, look at what they've posted. haha
Old 04-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #10590
Dog slave

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Big Difference between the King's and Icon's for the set-up he has. Specific length to work with the shock S2 shock hoop and lower arm skid they mount on. The Icon bypasses also have a RR, since a piggyback style resi takes up too much room in the wheel well with the rest of the moving parts.

As opposed to King's, Icon's secondary shocks for the S2 systems also have a built in "bump zone" So really your getting a secondary shock and a bumpstop in one small bolt on package. With the CDC on the smoothie it does make it tuneable to an extent. not as much as a bypass would, but it will be tuneable easily for his street driving, then off on the trails.

Both the Bypass or the smooth body with Resi's and CDC will be a great next step and noticeable. No matter the desert or back east, in the mountains, you will always have "Oh sh*t" moments where that extra shock is gonna save a big repair bill or even worse a big hospital bill. None the less Erik is doing it right the first time.

Not bashing King, they are proven and work, but He already has Icon, the S2 setup, and a King just wont work with what he already has.
^ what he said
Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #10591
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Go big or go home . Bypass all the way . North east weather though !
Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #10592
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post

Understood....just a lot of money to dump into something just because it's bolt-on. Personally I'd measure bump/droop and just see what else is out there. $1700+ is steep for bypasses. And for the record, my Kings are RR also...with a bump zone.

And yes, we've all been down this conversation before with the CDC, and no matter what marketing crap gets spit out, it's still not a substitute for a bypass. If he's going to do it right the first time, a smoothy as a secondary is not the correct choice.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #10593
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Go big or go home . Bypass all the way . North east weather though !
Global warming right? just preparing for the future!!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #10594
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to spend money on a secondary go with the bypass. I am running a smoothbody with compresion adjustment and it does make a difference, but I already had the shocks sitting in my garage. If you are going to fork out the cash might as well only do it once.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #10595
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
If you are going to spend money on a secondary go with the bypass. I am running a smoothbody with compresion adjustment and it does make a difference, but I already had the shocks sitting in my garage. If you are going to fork out the cash might as well only do it once.

Are you using your stock LCA? If so, I take it custom mounts for the second shock
Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #10596
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Are you using your stock LCA? If so, I take it custom mounts for the second shock

Stock lowers yes. I have a Total Chaos kit with a weld on bracket for the stock lower.

There are more pics in my build below.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #10597
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
nice set ups!

lol i need to make me some more monies haha
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #10598
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Alright guys, so im going LT and am in need of a kit asap! my truck is my DD and my midtravel is already sold off the truck because i was planning on getting someones used kit this month for a great deal but it looks like its gonna be a while..sooo looking for a used kit, preferably with shocks included, but i can buy those separately if needed. Im a first Gen 6lug. would prefer a TC kit or camburg, but other good kits i am willing to consider. Any lead to a used kit for sale would help! trying to get this thing back on the road soon. Thanks
Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #10599
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Stock lowers yes. I have a Total Chaos kit with a weld on bracket for the stock lower.

There are more pics in my build below.

Got it thanks. I've thought about getting their LCA for my truck to beef the front up a bit. I think I am a long way away from needing a secondary shock. But I have thought about strapping the front to prevent any damage
Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #10600
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
why evan bother with running secondary? for $1700 theres allot of thing that could be done that would benefit you more.

Products Discussed in this Thread