Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #10581
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
IIRC, 24 inches is 3-3.5" lifted over stock. I'd say your pushing your luck with your CV angles and your shocks.

How does it ride?
Honestly not that bad. I might go drop each side down one turn and see if that helps the angle
Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #10582
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Honestly not that bad. I might go drop each side down one turn and see if that helps the angle
You can see in those pics that your inner boot fins are already rubbing a ring around them. They will eventually wear through and that's what you don't want. Either drop it down a lil bit or slide your boots down a lil
Old 04-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #10584
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
You can see in those pics that your inner boot fins are already rubbing a ring around them. They will eventually wear through and that's what you don't want. Either drop it down a lil bit or slide your boots down a lil
I ended up dropping the passenger side down one turn and sliding the CV boot a little.

And the sides settled a little bit when I was driving it. I'm no longer at 24". Now 23 and 22.5
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #10585
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation.. If you need any help with anything please feel free to let me know.

Micah
Ordered my stage one icon setup from you guys middle of march and got them from ups today! You even had icon make me custom rear shocks! Thank you for excellent customer service!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #10587

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Nice. Hell yeah
Yep. Now I'm thinking about a 14" spring. With very little preload it will be even smoother
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #10588
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Still waiting on Icon to make mine and ship to Metal tech.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #10589

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Still waiting on Icon to make mine and ship to Metal tech.
Are they not shipping straight to you? I ordered through DSM and received straight from Icon
Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #10590
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
gonna be sellin my Mid travel set-up pretty soon here. the front is gonna go first, so its 2.5 fox extended travel coilovers with eibach springs. and 1in uni-ball ucas from all pro. Set-up is a year old
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #10591
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
how hard is it to swap coils on these coilovers?

Im debating whether I should just get the fox set instead of kings and swap the coils
Old 04-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #10592
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
Braaaaap

I love my mid travel
Old 04-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #10593
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. Now I'm thinking about a 14" spring. With very little preload it will be even smoother
Removing your sway bar will make it smoother as will lowering them.....I wouldn't mess with the coils! A longer coil could cause more binding on compression. I'd double check first!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #10594
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are they not shipping straight to you? I ordered through DSM and received straight from Icon
No clue.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #10595

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Removing your sway bar will make it smoother as will lowering them.....I wouldn't mess with the coils! A longer coil could cause more binding on compression. I'd double check first!
Okay. I'm gonna remove my sway bar today just to see what its like
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #10596
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay. I'm gonna remove my sway bar today just to see what its like
I think with the icon valving you should be ok with no swaybar, i guess im going ICON now
Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #10597
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrom32 View Post
Braap is right! I can't wait to go to pismo now!

Where do You mount your whip flag?
hit me up when you come to pismo! I mount my flag by closing it in my tailgate
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #10598
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
GreenTaco28's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

Im debating whether I should just get the fox set instead of kings and swap the coils
On my Icons it was pretty easy. If I took out all the preload, I could take out the bottom coil mount and slide the coil right off the shock. When I put the 14'' King spring on, I had a shop compress the coil and slide on the bottom coil mount. It took like 5 min so I'd say it was really easy. I'm not sure if Fox or King coilovers would gbe different though.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #10599
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Ordered my stage one icon setup from you guys middle of march and got them from ups today! You even had icon make me custom rear shocks! Thank you for excellent customer service!
ok great! glad you got handled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

either way.. let me know what you want and we can swap the coils for you before i ship them.

Micah
Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #10600
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
No clue.
If you do not have them soon, See if you can cancel your order, get a refund. We have sets in stock on the shelf and can ship today. Their Build time should only be 2 weeks max on those shocks.

Products Discussed in this Thread