Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #11061
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
Woot
Woot woot
Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #11062
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
When I'm measuring my droop to see what size shocks I can run, do I have to take off the wheel on one side and then undo the bottom shock bolt so it fully hangs there? Then measure from my u-bolt flip kit pad to the frame? I measured by taking out the bottom bolt in the shock and then jacking from my slider until the tire came off the ground. I got 13.25" does that sound right?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #11063
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
U need to measure the mount to mount distance of your shock. U should be around mid to upper 20's
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #11064
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nvmnd u have a custom leaf pack so u might get a number closer to 30"
Old 05-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #11065
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Well that won't help because I'm going to run custom hoops that will change depending on if I can fit 10" or 12" Shocks. The way Jason was saying was to measure droop from top leaf to frame then use a string to measure the distance from when my leaf springs are flat to the frame. Then subtract the two.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #11066
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
how much do i need to preload the drivers side to take out the tacolean? should i do it on the bench?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #11067
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how much do i need to preload the drivers side to take out the tacolean? should i do it on the bench?

Can't give you a solid answer, but I adjusted mine after I had installed them on the truck and measured. I think I put an extra 2 full rounds on my drivers side and still never got it perfect. I also put about 5-6 full rounds on each side as well. Just jack the front up to take some load off and adjust them. I sprayed some anti corrosive lube I use on my jet ski (just had it laying around) on the shock threads to aid.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #11068
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
like 1/2 inch? my regular cab only had it when it had a full tank so i never bothered. and ideally it would be easier if the truck was drooped out.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #11069
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much is it leaning? The suspension ratio is about 2:1, so for every inch of suspension height you need to put a half inch into the coilover
Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #11070
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
New TC lower arm and RCV axles are on their way for some testing!!!!!! We may have to look into a stock length heim steering upgrade if that's limiting anything. Bomb Proof Mid travel anyone? Also, doing the same set up with a little variations as well. Lots of pics and info coming soon.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #11071
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #11072
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
How much is it leaning? The suspension ratio is about 2:1, so for every inch of suspension height you need to put a half inch into the coilover
ill know tonight when i pull the sway bar.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #11073
PutterClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Well that won't help because I'm going to run custom hoops that will change depending on if I can fit 10" or 12" Shocks. The way Jason was saying was to measure droop from top leaf to frame then use a string to measure the distance from when my leaf springs are flat to the frame. Then subtract the two.
That method works too to find your stroke length. Probably the better method...
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #11074
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Uploading rear suspension videos to YouTube. 100% sure it is the shocks and I have video proof
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #11075
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Uploading rear suspension videos to YouTube. 100% sure it is the shocks and I have video proof
Great news! Well, sort of. Looking forward to the link.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #11076

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
So here is the original video that I posted of my shocks.
http://youtu.be/xYTX6se9FqU

I pulled everything tonight to test and make sure it was the shocks

Here is the drivers side, off of the truck
http://youtu.be/VO4a6ULaAvA

Here is the passenger side, off of the truck
http://youtu.be/hco9rqM_2T4

And here is the rear suspension without any shocks in
http://youtu.be/HP_uyuZ8ktI
Old 05-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #11077
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
You done good. It'll be interesting to see what ICON says, and more importantly, does.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #11078
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Wtf ! Yep those shocks need work .
Old 05-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #11079

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
You done good. It'll be interesting to see what ICON says, and more importantly, does.

Thanks. I am waiting to hear back from Icon. They know about the problem
Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #11080
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Well that sucks. Sorry my idea didn't help. I was 100% - sarcasm. Lol. Anyway. Yeah icon should address that. Maybe some shock butter would help? I usually put a light coat on my mtn bike stanchions. I did my rears as well. Cycle shock and wipe away excess. At this point I'd have icon exchange them if they would.

I used slick honey
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001CJ...pi=SL500_SS115

Products Discussed in this Thread