Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #11061
Nathaniel129 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Nathaniel129's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I have seen it a more than a few times. Must not let IFS fully droop when torquing the bolt down.

IMO the shock was fully drooped and the spacer was in direct contact with the side of the cup.....then torque was applied causing them to hit each other............then you notice it and say "how did that get loose and damaged"......the real issue is it never got tight because it was at such a severe angle it impacted the side.

Thats my guess after seeing this happen many times. Could be wrong......
I understand that, which is why common sense encouraged me to articulate the LCA while 100 ft/lbs was applied to the UCA uni ball bolt. There was no tension on the UCA/spindle connection when the bolt/nut was torqued.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #11062
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
bumps

Just letting this land here, in case you guys didn't see it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...05-tacoma.html
Old 05-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #11063
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I have seen it a more than a few times. Must not let IFS fully droop when torquing the bolt down.

IMO the shock was fully drooped and the spacer was in direct contact with the side of the cup.....then torque was applied causing them to hit each other............then you notice it and say "how did that get loose and damaged"......the real issue is it never got tight because it was at such a severe angle it impacted the side.

Thats my guess after seeing this happen many times. Could be wrong......
Would be my guess as well. If your drooped too much the misalignment will hit the cup when tightening, there really isn't any other reason it should do that
Old 05-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #11064
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel129 View Post
I understand that, which is why common sense encouraged me to articulate the LCA while 100 ft/lbs was applied to the UCA uni ball bolt. There was no tension on the UCA/spindle connection when the bolt/nut was torqued.
Common sense isn't so common these days so I'm just relaying info on the only possibility I know of that would cause that exact issue.

The LCA does not need to be articulated when snugging them down. You just need the LCA to be at a similar angle to where it would sit if it was under the trucks weight.

I'm glad they are sending you a new one, and I hope you figure out how it happened so the new ones don't get FUBAR.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #11065
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
We have a Raptor from Texas, and a Tundra from New Orleans here right now....Ha Ha. But ya, always put a wrench on suspension parts. We usually mark a line from the bolt to the part as well to check for movement. Makes it easy to see if anything came loose or shifted.

Can see it here on the bolt

I do the same thing, but I tend to mark the nut. I would think the nut would tend to spin before the bolt
Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #11066
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I do the same thing, but I tend to mark the nut. I would think the nut would tend to spin before the bolt
We do both, just didn't have a pic of the bottom of it. Ha
Old 05-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #11067
Señor member

Quote:
We do both, just didn't have a pic of the bottom of it. Ha
Lol I went through my pics to find mine and couldn't find one with the nut in the photo. I see haha
Old 05-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #11068
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know what I need to charge my Icons with. I feel they are flat or the springs are shot.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #11069
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Gabriel
MightyMouse-SCT's Tacoma Gallery
#200 I believe
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #11070
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
#200 I believe
I have nitrogen tanks. But what fitting do I need?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #11071
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tacoSPORT View Post
Anyone know what I need to charge my Icons with. I feel they are flat or the springs are shot.
The Nitrogen fill needle assembly.

I don't have them online, but i have them on the shelf. They are like $30. Give me a jingle if you need one.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #11072
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Gabriel
MightyMouse-SCT's Tacoma Gallery
Not quite sure if icon has schrader valve
Old 05-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #11073
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fill Needles

Quote:
I have nitrogen tanks. But what fitting do I need?
We have plenty in stock.. 29.95 shipped
Old 05-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #11074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
I will call you Friday then
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #11075
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Nitrogen fill needle assembly.

I don't have them online, but i have them on the shelf. They are like $30. Give me a jingle if you need one.
Quote:
Fight Fight Fight!! haha
Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #11076
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Fight Fight Fight!! haha
Finger jab to the eye! Ha Ha Ha
Old 05-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #11077
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fighting dirty huh?
Old 05-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #11078
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
I will call you Friday then
Sounds good, I will be off but ask for Neil.

Quote:
Got my shades on.. I'm prepared, jab away haha
Old 05-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #11079

Quote:
Sounds good, I will be off but ask for Neil.

Got my shades on.. I'm prepared, jab away haha
First one to $25 to my door wins
Old 05-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #11080
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First one to $25 to my door wins
Technically neither one is supposed to publicly advertise icon products below icons listed price which is 31.45 on icons site. So I wouldn't promote a price battle on here.

Products Discussed in this Thread