LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #11061
Milota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quintin
Milota95's Tacoma Gallery
what is a good lift for my 95 tacoma 4c 4wd? i wanna go another 2 inches or so, o want 33's
Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #11062
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I don't think so. The springs don't make any noise when I jacked them up without a shock in there.
That makes me think it's a shock problem. If you can isolate the noise to a specific shock, remove that shock only and see how the suspension responds to the same bumper-jumper test.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #11063
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
That makes me think it's a shock problem. If you can isolate the noise to a specific shock, remove that shock only and see how the suspension responds to the same bumper-jumper test.
Sadly it seems to be coming from both sides
Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #11064
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Sadly it seems to be coming from both sides
Well that sucks. I hope Icon has an answer for you.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #11065
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Your clip sounds like stiction from really dry or dirty seals. Can you spray a dry lube on the shaft and try to cycle the shock?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #11066
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Did the truck and shocks sit for an extended period of time? Few weeks to a month or two?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #11067
mo13 is on a distinguished road
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo13 View Post
whats up guys just ordered my mid travel set up for my 2010 OR 4x4 with icon extended travel with resi fronts and the remote resi shocks for the back along with some icon upper control arms and i was thinking what else do i need? the leaf packs i was looking at was allpro but idk if those shocks will be to small for that leaf pack or work with it? also do i need estended brake lines if i run the all pros also should i get the u bolt flip kit? also should i get a pair of super bumps for the front and back? also no homo but what do yall use to clean your balls and how often do yall clean em... uniballs that is.
Got my answer for this part of this i called dsm and am getting extended length rear 2.0 icon resi shocks. I will be running the all pro leaf kit and i want to be sitting fairly level with the front i know i may be slightly higher in the rear with the all pros outback so the u bolt flip kit will probably make me higher in the rear right? still need some help with the extended brake lines, bump stops and also need to know how to clean the uniballs.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #11068
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay, here is a video of the drivers side. This is me jumping (190lbs) on the rear bumper. No weight in the bed. I jumped once, then got off the bumper and then jumped again. (sorry for the blurry image)

http://youtu.be/xYTX6se9FqU

Lets hear your best educated guess.

Its an 07 with non-TSB rear leafs running the Icon AAL with their 2.0 Smooth body.

rear shackle, loosen all the bolts and use this, let dry and re-tighten, do this upfront next, repeat, then try the leafs with this same spray on lube.

And yes, this stuffs works very very well.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #11069
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Did the truck and shocks sit for an extended period of time? Few weeks to a month or two?
Longest that it has sat is 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
rear shackle, loosen all the bolts and use this, let dry and re-tighten, do this upfront next, repeat, then try the leafs with this same spray on lube.

And yes, this stuffs works very very well.

But its not the leafs. The leafs move quietly with no shock in there. And make an ass load of noise with the shock installed
Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #11070
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
My rear set up squeaks like none other! I may try that white lithium grease!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #11071
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
My rear set up squeaks like none other! I may try that white lithium grease!

pat you wont be sorry, that stuff is great, nice thing is it drys and resists dirt and water.

Mitch, sorry I missed the part were the shock out and noise goes away, Monkey hit a key point with the Edelbrock's re-branded though.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #11072
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo13 View Post
Got my answer for this part of this i called dsm and am getting extended length rear 2.0 icon resi shocks. I will be running the all pro leaf kit and i want to be sitting fairly level with the front i know i may be slightly higher in the rear with the all pros outback so the u bolt flip kit will probably make me higher in the rear right? still need some help with the extended brake lines, bump stops and also need to know how to clean the uniballs.
The U-bolt flip kit does NOT add any hieght. It only adds a little ground clearance right where the current u-bolt plate is.

For the uniballs spray it down with water and lube with the stuff Socaltaco65 suggested.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #11073

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Are they the older version from a few years ago that were actually Edlebrock shocks but branded as Icons? If so then that version were blowing left and right on everyone.
I bought them in November. As far as I know they are not the re-branded Edlebrocks
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #11074
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
I already asked this before but didn't get too many responses. My current coils are saggy as hell on my SAW's and I'm gonna go ahead and replace them. Someone recommended to me that I step up to a 14" spring since the current ones are 13"s and have to be special ordered. Is it a good Idea to go from a 13"x3.0"x650# up to a 14"x3.0"x650# ??? Thoughts???
Old 05-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #11075
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Your clip sounds like stiction from really dry or dirty seals. Can you spray a dry lube on the shaft and try to cycle the shock?

^ I was thinking something similar to this:
http://www.finishlineusa.com/product...-plus-lube.htm

If you can get a light coat on the shaft of the shock where it meets the body, you can cycle it and get rid of your noise problem.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #11076
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay, here is a video of the drivers side. This is me jumping (190lbs) on the rear bumper. No weight in the bed. I jumped once, then got off the bumper and then jumped again. (sorry for the blurry image)

http://youtu.be/xYTX6se9FqU

Lets hear your best educated guess.

Its an 07 with non-TSB rear leafs running the Icon AAL with their 2.0 Smooth body.
I say Nitrogen is low, this could easily be confirmed by removing the shocks and compressing them to see if the have difficulty returning or can return at all. If its not the Nitrogen, which is a super easy and cheap fix, then its the seals.

The spring went down a little on the first jump likely due to being slightly over tightened at the shackle eye or having dirty ass crap rubber stock bushings that are warn OR combination of both. This doesn't look odd to me at all, seen it a ton of times.

As I mentioned before, check the PSI on the shocks. Its a process of elimination, solve the rebound issue first and then move on to the noise. If the shocks don't maintain pressure, call Icon and bitch.

Best of luck
Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #11077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
I say Nitrogen is low, this could easily be confirmed by removing the shocks and compressing them to see if the have difficulty returning or can return at all. If its not the Nitrogen, which is a super easy and cheap fix, then its the seals.

The spring went down a little on the first jump likely due to being slightly over tightened at the shackle eye or having dirty ass crap rubber stock bushings that are warn OR combination of both. This doesn't look odd to me at all, seen it a ton of times.

As I mentioned before, check the PSI on the shocks. Its a process of elimination, solve the rebound issue first and then move on to the noise. If the shocks don't maintain pressure, call Icon and bitch.

Best of luck
How would a low nitrogen charge create that noise?
Old 05-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #11078

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post

Best of luck
Are you saying that an over tightened lower bolt could make the shock make that noise and not return to ride height??
Old 05-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #11079
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagget13 View Post
I already asked this before but didn't get too many responses. My current coils are saggy as hell on my SAW's and I'm gonna go ahead and replace them. Someone recommended to me that I step up to a 14" spring since the current ones are 13"s and have to be special ordered. Is it a good Idea to go from a 13"x3.0"x650# up to a 14"x3.0"x650# ??? Thoughts???
yes. Going from a 13" shock with preload on it to a 14" shock with no preload on it will make your ride smoother
Old 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #11080
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you saying that an over tightened lower bolt could make the shock make that noise and not return to ride height??
sounds to me what he is saying is that unless the shock is seized up, then the no matter what, the springs should return the truck to its original height. An easy test ..... take your shocks back out and jump on the truck again and see if you still have problems with the suspension height returning. If so, then obviously there is something wrong with the springs, possibly the shackles being tightened too much, like he said. If the ride height immediately returns and u have already concluded that the shocks are the cause of the noise, then apparently the shocks solely are created the ride height not to return and the noise.

Products Discussed in this Thread