Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #11281
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I didn't say a lubricant was required. It makes it easier to drill, and it makes it easier to cut good threads. Good luck.
Your absolutely correct. My mistake, I thought you were implying it was a necessity. LUBE is always good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I've got all the mounting hardware and will install that tomorrow. I wasn't sure how to install them so I ziptied them for the night
Excellent. I have seen them mounted the way I did it and with the bolt on the bottom. I imagine there is no correct way.

Good luck and congrats on the upgrade.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #11282
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I've got all the mounting hardware and will install that tomorrow. I wasn't sure how to install them so I ziptied them for the night
You're a measure twice, cut once guy. Smart.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #11283
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I was confused at first when I got mine up there. I was looking for the hole to screw the plate into. Then I thought the hoses were too short! Yep, called Icon and was told to drill the hole. For some reason I thought it was all just bolt on with no additional drilling etc involved. Coincidently, an inch or so in either direction there is a factory hole that could have been used on our trucks.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #11284
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I was confused at first when I got mine up there. I was looking for the hole to screw the plate into. Then I thought the hoses were too short! Yep, called Icon and was told to drill the hole. For some reason I thought it was all just bolt on with no additional drilling etc involved. Coincidently, an inch or so in either direction there is a factory hole that could have been used on our trucks.
For a customized, model specific solution, I'm surprised by that. Given Toyota's questionable frame history, I'm very reluctant to drill or weld anything to the frame.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #11286
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
For a customized, model specific solution, I'm surprised by that. Given Toyota's questionable frame history, I'm very reluctant to drill or weld anything to the frame.
That was my concern as well. was reasured it would be fine.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #11288
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I had to, the spindles came with them and were very recommended
Old 05-30-2013, 02:48 AM   #11289
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
how many of you swapped front brake lines with the mt setup?
Yep. Did all my lines.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #11290
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Factory lines in the front here. But I have some kind of relocation kit that 4wheel parts put in. Lol
Old 05-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #11291
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't think you need too unless you're over like 3''-4''. I'm at about 2.5''-3'' of lift and didn't need to (Stock Spindles).
Old 05-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #11292
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For M/T it's not needed unless your doing a lift spindle. You can use the stock lines and bend the brackets a little bit.

We do have +2/+3 brake line kit's but you should be good to go.

I saw your looking for Coil Overs, if you want some Pricing, shoot me a PM, i have everything in stock.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #11293
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
calling DSM to order my coilovers tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
For M/T it's not needed unless your doing a lift spindle. You can use the stock lines and bend the brackets a little bit.

We do have +2/+3 brake line kit's but you should be good to go.

I saw your looking for Coil Overs, if you want some Pricing, shoot me a PM, i have everything in stock.

He's covered.. Thanks though
Old 05-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #11294
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 05-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #11295
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Haha
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #11296
Backdoor Commentator

DSM is a bunch of smooth smoothies.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #11297
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
This should work, looks like full bump to me

Buahahah
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #11298
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Wouldn't even let them get their foot in the door! haha
Old 05-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #11299
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Old 05-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #11300
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
From the LSK Stock length lower thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSK View Post
Want to do another run of these. Bare steel. $950. Powder coated $1100 + tax and shipping. Email us at lsksuspension@gmail.com

Products Discussed in this Thread