Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #11281
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I use the harbor freight 150 psi with 2 year warranty . It does all four tires normally from 15psi to 35psi in about 15 minutes total . I used it for a year and it just died this weekend . Took it back last night and got a free replacement with another two year warranty free .
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #11282
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
@Brady

See here:
http://www.kingshocks.com/products/oem/toyota-oem/

These aren't the ext travels but there isnt much difference.
Yeah I have seen those specs. Thanks though! If there isn't much difference then 5100's have more travel than ext travel kings... 5100's have 5.5" of travel. OEM length Kings have just under 5".
Old 05-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #11283
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Yeah I have seen those specs. Thanks though! If there isn't much difference then 5100's have more travel than ext travel kings... 5100's have 5.5" of travel. OEM length Kings have just under 5".
How the eff
Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #11284
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Even more important then airing down!! You risk in overheating the sidewall leading to
Tire failure but more importantly your handling will be horrible on the highway at highway speeds with low tire pressure. Most of us use a cheap air compressor to air up. The compressor is called the MF-1050 and is available at pep boys for just under 70 bucks. Or you can find it cheaper on ebay or amazon.com
Agreed. Don't drive at highway speeds on aired down tires.

Ryan, ask Ford and Firestone what they think about it. Why do you think we all have TPMS? Either use a friend's portable air, buy your own solution, or plan your route to come off the trail near a source of compressed air. If you're willing to spend more, I found a good deal on a VIAIR 400P-A.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #11285
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Ya, they are nice and look as well as work great, As do the fox's, but the bolt-on part is nice.

I am going to have to visit SDHQ to learn more about what I can do to my Taco... (wallet is going to take a hit!).
Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #11286
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
I am going to have to visit SDHQ to learn more about what I can do to my Taco... (wallet is going to take a hit!).
Pay big play big
Old 05-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #11287
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhitchen View Post
Pay big play big
You'll save a lot of money if you just bring your wife.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #11288
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
You'll save a lot of money if you just bring your wife.
No wife for me I'm still in college
Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #11289
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhitchen View Post
No wife for me I'm still in college
Got a girlfriend?
If you pick the truck over the GF you'll probably lose less money.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #11290
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Got a girlfriend?
Key word.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #11291
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Got a girlfriend?
after being single for a year

I spent so much more on this thing....
Old 05-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #11293
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

X2 but she never does me wrong.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #11294
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Money well spent. GF equals wasted money. Taco equals digressively well spent money
We wouldn't want to exclude anyone.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #11295
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2...... hahahahaha
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #11296
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
How the eff
2nd gen 5100 adjustable C/O: Coll: 17.03" Ext: 22.56" Total travel: 5.53"
These numbers came from Bilstein's Catalog.

I'm starting to think people don't give 5100's enough credit. They are pretty good shocks in my experience, they just aren't rebuildable or tuneable and don't have an external reservoirs. so they aren't ideal performers, but I abuse the shit out of mine and have had no problems with them.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #11297
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
2nd gen 5100 adjustable C/O: Coll: 17.03" Ext: 22.56" Total travel: 5.53"
These numbers came from Bilstein's Catalog.

I'm starting to think people don't give 5100's enough credit. They are pretty good shocks in my experience, they just aren't rebuildable or tuneable and don't have an external reservoirs. so they aren't ideal performers, but I abuse the shit out of mine and have had no problems with them.
I borked my AALs before my stock length 5100's borked
Old 05-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #11298

Quote:
I borked my AALs before my stock length 5100's borked
One of my rear 5100's is leaking, but I am cycling like 2" more travel than they can handle so you can't blame them... They are my limit straps basically haha I have heatsoaked them too, almost caused me to wreck when it happened... I got out and felt them and they were so hot I couldn't leave my hand on them. Even through all that abuse my front were still cool though.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #11299
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
They say you need resis in the back before the front
Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #11300

Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
They say you need resis in the back before the front
Yep. I would believe that. You also want your rear to out perform your front. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for doing a front flip...

Products Discussed in this Thread