Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #12421
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to become an official vendor but understand that it takes time. As vendors its important that we prove to be worthy of the vendor status because it is a reflection of this site. As long as the "on-official" vendors continue to contribute what they can and offer help and service along with quality products to forum members we are all winning. There are several unofficial vendors that I am sure will become official before long, until then I think I speak for many of them by just being grateful we have a place like this to advertise for free and sell products without all the red tape.

Billy@ Brute Force and I have had this conversation before and I know he feels the same. I am sure he is on a short list to becoming an official vendor, he certainly has earned it with amazing quality, service and pricing.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #12423
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I say boot Engage...and you get their vendor status
LOL. Lets just let our products hash out that debate
Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #12424
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
I agree. This site could use a lot of cleaning up and updating in that department. DSM is the only vendor that talks in this thread when there are numerous companies that help everyone out and sell products through this thread that may be over looked because they aren't vendors
So SDHQ never posts here?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #12425
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I think he was refering to the fact that DSM is the only qualified vender that actively participates in this thread
Old 07-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #12426
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
I think he was refering to the fact that DSM is the only qualified vender that actively participates in this thread
Ahh gotcha. well in that case.. In all reality tho I've never even heard of half the venders on this site let alone what they do..
Old 07-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #12428

Slimcubby sold his business.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #12430
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
I have a ton of knocking/popping noises coming from the front suspension. i think i remember seeing a video where someones stock lca bushings were trashed and there was a knockin sound as a result while making turns at slow speeds? i know my uca bushings are trashed once again light racing just isnt cutting it for my type of abuse....

just curious if you guys know of any other problems (other than bad bushings) that could come up and cause that sound while making slow turns? for example: backing out of parking spaces/pulling into them
Old 07-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #12431
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Slimcubby sold his business.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:24 AM   #12432
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
I have a ton of knocking/popping noises coming from the front suspension. i think i remember seeing a video where someones stock lca bushings were trashed and there was a knockin sound as a result while making turns at slow speeds? i know my uca bushings are trashed once again light racing just isnt cutting it for my type of abuse....

just curious if you guys know of any other problems (other than bad bushings) that could come up and cause that sound while making slow turns? for example: backing out of parking spaces/pulling into them
I've had random weird noises from the minute I changed my suspension on my '09, '11, and '10 4runner. Pretty sure its just standard once you swap out stock parts.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #12433
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post

Mine popped really hard and loud any time I do what you are referring to. I just thought it was the tie rod ends because my boots have been busted for like 40k miles and I damn near can't even rotate them by hand. Lol I guess it could be my lca bushings but I've never even looked at them. It doesn't really bother me though cause I only notice it when I turn the steering wheel almost all the way while slowly backing in somewhere, but that's why I just guessed it had something to do with steering
Old 07-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #12435
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I watched a show last night called stunt busters where they where showing how stunt vehicles take abuse when they jump them. They took a stock Toyota pickup and dropped it from 5' and it had no damage. Then they removed the shocks and dropped again from 5' to show how much the shocks control the energy. Now the fun part. They put the stock shocks back on and dropped it from 25' and destroyed the truck and bent the frame. So they said they got a hold of Icon and installed their shocks and dropped another Toyota from the same 25'. It bent the bumper and broke the spare tire mount but the suspension was fine an the truck was drive able. I think the episode was called drift and escape, pretty cool
Old 07-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #12436
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I watched a show last night called stunt busters where they where showing how stunt vehicles take abuse when they jump them. They took a stock Toyota pickup and dropped it from 5' and it had no damage. Then they removed the shocks and dropped again from 5' to show how much the shocks control the energy. Now the fun part. They put the stock shocks back on and dropped it from 25' and destroyed the truck and bent the frame. So they said they got a hold of Icon and installed their shocks and dropped another Toyota from the same 25'. It bent the bumper and broke the spare tire mount but the suspension was fine an the truck was drive able. I think the episode was called drift and escape, pretty cool
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnu...h#.Ud1uKflPN8E

totally awesome... watching this with some coffee morning yall
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #12437
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnu...h#.Ud1uKflPN8E

totally awesome... watching this with some coffee morning yall
Nice. Fast forward to 11:15 or so for those interested in just seeing the suspension test instead of the rest of the show.

Matt
Old 07-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #12438
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Nice. Fast forward to 11:15 or so for those interested in just seeing the suspension test instead of the rest of the show.

Matt
haha that's pretty bad ass!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #12439
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Still working on your quote. Had it almost done then it vanished. Yesterday was such a PITA...Ha Ha. Ill get it to ya today
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #12440
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
haha that's pretty bad ass!
Some shiny things with some coils are scheduled to be dropped off today...Just sayin....

Products Discussed in this Thread