Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #13101
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Peace out flare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Anyone have experience putting new springs on Toytec CO's?? Looking to maybe throw on some 16" #650 Eibach's so I dont have as much preload and also more tolerance to the weight up front.
16"s would fit on those toytecs?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #13103
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Had so much fun in your truck tom! Love your setup
Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #13104
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
I'm on the market for UCA's and I have my eye on the DSM's and the TC's. The only think holding me back from the DSM's are if the bushings have a grease zerk like the TC's do. I like the design of the DSM but if I have to take the front end apart to service them I'm going with the TC's. I know a few folks are running DSM UCA's and hopefully can steer me in the right direction. Thanks- Jared.
I didn't realize that you could'nt see the fittings in the picture haha. Yes they do have grease fittings.
PM me for a TW member price
Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #13105
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #13106
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Ahh gotcha . Here is Patricks

http://youtu.be/U-voc4WbDlM
fender flares lol Nice video Gabe!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #13107
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Peace out flare

16"s would fit on those toytecs?
Aren't the Toytec's pretty similar to 5100's? I'm running 886's on 5100's which are like 15.8" 656lb springs.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #13108
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Aren't the Toytec's pretty similar to 5100's? I'm running 886's on 5100's which are like 15.8" 656lb springs.

Just trying to have my dude Noah find the right springs
Old 07-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #13109
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post

Just trying to have my dude Noah find the right springs
Just looked at them and they have a threaded spring collar so I don't see why you couldn't fit them, just thread the collar lower if necessary.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #13110
cr500taco will become famous soon enough

Name: D
cr500taco's Tacoma Gallery
I asked this a couple of days ago, but did't get any responses. So, I am asking, again.

I am confused on whether or not to do a diff drop on a 1st gen 4WD with a MT? I have heard it is a good idea and I have heard it's not. Just wondering if you 4 wheelers have dropped your diffs or not. If so, what's your experience with them and if not, how come?
Old 07-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #13111
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
I asked this a couple of days ago, but did't get any responses. So, I am asking, again.

I am confused on whether or not to do a diff drop on a 1st gen 4WD with a MT? I have heard it is a good idea and I have heard it's not. Just wondering if you 4 wheelers have dropped your diffs or not. If so, what's your experience with them and if not, how come?
I think 1st Gen diff drops actually help a little bit, but I'm not 100%. 2nd Gen diff drops are a definite no.

Matt
Old 07-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #13112

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I think 1st Gen diff drops actually help a little bit, but I'm not 100%. 2nd Gen diff drops are a definite no.

Matt
Yep, 2nd gens are pretty much a definite no and 1st gens seem to be about 50% yes, 50% no... haha

I would still say don't bother. 1st and 2nd gen front ends are set up pretty similarly and the results are negligible IMO. Besides CV boots are cheap and will still last thousands and thousands of miles even if they are rubbing.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #13113

Quote:
Yep, 2nd gens are pretty much a definite no and 1st gens seem to be about 50% yes, 50% no... haha

I would still say don't bother. 1st and 2nd gen front ends are set up pretty similarly and the results are negligible IMO. Besides CV boots are cheap and will still last thousands and thousands of miles even if they are rubbing.
Are the boots the only thing that might be affected by not doing the diff drop? I thought it might affect the CV's themselves or might possibly cause them to bind, at least that was my understanding. My truck's front diff doesn't get used that much, anyway, so maybe I won't bother with it.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #13114
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I have a diff drop on mine....for the sole reason that i am too lazy to take it off. Didnt really notice a difference before and after

mainly to protect CV boots.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #13115
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a diff drop on mine....for the sole reason that i am too lazy to take it off. Didnt really notice a difference before and after

mainly to protect CV boots.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #13116

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
Are the boots the only thing that might be affected by not doing the diff drop? I thought it might affect the CV's themselves or might possibly cause them to bind, at least that was my understanding. My truck's front diff doesn't get used that much, anyway, so maybe I won't bother with it.
You won't start binding the CV's from just lift unless we are talking about a lot of lift. 4"+ of lift and you would want a drop bracket lift since even a diff drop won't save your CV's then... haha but even 4-6" of lift likely won't cause the CV's to bind, it would just destroy your boots very very quickly.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #13117

I need to find a way to get to my UCA grease zerks.....

Fucking cheap ass lowes grease gun hose doesnt fit on the grease gun it's built for....
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #13118
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
He doesn't know about that run yet but ya, he's going. Not sure he'll roll the heep but he's going
is that the aug 3 run?

i'm planning like the 8th-11th on being there...most likely
Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #13119

Quote:
You won't start binding the CV's from just lift unless we are talking about a lot of lift. 4"+ of lift and you would want a drop bracket lift since even a diff drop won't save your CV's then... haha but even 4-6" of lift likely won't cause the CV's to bind, it would just destroy your boots very very quickly.
Cool. Thanks
Old 07-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #13120
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Is it ok to loosen the UCA bolt to grease the zerks without disconnecting the UCA from the spindle?

Products Discussed in this Thread