Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #13201
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I don't see why you'd need another alignment
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
None needed for front if you only do the back
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Fixed ^^^
Ok thanks guys. I'm thinking about getting my Icon's and TC UCA's around December, then my Expo's and rear Icon's around July, but didn't want to waste getting two alignments done if I had to.

Matt
Old 08-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #13202
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
So i just got my alignment done after my lift I installed. When I walked back into the shop to pick up the truck, I was greeted my the sales associate by "You alignment was TWEEEAAAAKKEEDDDDDDD" hahaha gave me a good laugh but my goodness, what a difference. I was told it was over an 1.5" out of alignment and he got the casters and everything else all squared away for me.

Down side of this is that I will be needed new front tires sooner then I wanted due to the fact that I was too busy to get it done earlier.... Looks like im getting bigger tires now!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #13203
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
Can anyone post a pic of their 1st gen with the MT set at 2.5" lift and 31" tires? I want to see what the truck looks like, because when I get my MT. I want to go ahead and set it at 2.5" for the extra clearance, but I am not ready to get new tires and re-gear my truck.
Click on my old '95 build in my sig. I had 31's with Icon midtravel all around.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #13204
cr500taco will become famous soon enough

Name: D
cr500taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
Click on my old '95 build in my sig. I had 31's with Icon midtravel all around.

Thanks, your truck looks just like my truck, except a lil taller, it's even the same color. That looks fine.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #13206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Look at my build

Now I'm at 2" up front and I run 265/75

Looked good. Maybe, i'll just keep the 31"s, so I don't need to worry about re-gearing it, unless I find it needs the extra clearance with 33"s
Old 08-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #13207
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looked good. Maybe, i'll just keep the 31"s, so I don't need to worry about re-gearing it, unless I find it needs the extra clearance with 33"s
You shouldn't need to worry about gearing for a while just going to a 33"
Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #13208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
You shouldn't need to worry about gearing for a while just going to a 33"
That's probably true, if I didn't tow, anything. But, I tow a pop up trailer and haul a couple of dirt bikes at the same time with it.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #13209
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's probably true, if I didn't tow, anything. But, I tow a pop up trailer and haul a couple of dirt bikes at the same time with it.
What motor do you have? And what gearing?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #13210
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
btw landon....

since you're here....

or anyone else

lemme pick your brain real quick

I've had my fox's on for 1 month

the bodies are starting to dull a bit from the salt

but the shafts are starting to rust....

I havent seen shafts rust much before, wouldn't the rust fuck up the wiper seals?// wtf do I do. haha

my 5150's shafts and 5100's never rusted after 3 years

Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #13211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
btw landon....

since you're here....

lemme pick your brain real quick

I've had my fox's on for 1 month

the bodies are starting to dull a bit from the salt

but the shafts are starting to rust....

I havent seen shafts rust much before, wouldn't the rust fuck up the wiper seals?

my 5150's shafts and 5100's never rusted after 3 years

Wow call up fox, that shouldn't happen. I ran fox's and I live 100ft from the beach and that never happened. They are amazing shocks but some run into problems like this
Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #13212

Quote:
What motor do you have? And what gearing?
3.4L
Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #13213
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wow call up fox, that shouldn't happen. I ran fox's and I live 100ft from the beach and that never happened. They are amazing shocks but some run into problems like this
fuck

that's not the "wipe it with some pb blaster and this miracle LT shit we LT guys use and you're fine" I was hoping for.

damnit

I'll PM DSM
Old 08-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #13214
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I've never seen shaft rust like that!

Just means you're not cycling your suspension enough . That part of the shaft ain't gettin no oil
Old 08-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #13215

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Yea I've never seen shaft rust like that!

Just means you're not cycling your suspension enough . That part of the shaft ain't gettin no oil
Working my ass off the past month, first wheeling trip is on monday. haha

fucking assssssssssss
Old 08-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #13216
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I'd hit that with a light sand paper, just enough to kill the rust, and just hand apply oil to all your shafts.

There's a double drainage thing by my house I hit almost every day, I can get a little speed hitting it and usually almost bottom out.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #13217

I've done light wheeling with these and have gotten them close to bump numerous times

so it's not that

and I drive within feet of salt water/directly in salt spray daily... but I rinse my suspension every time, because im scared shitless of rusting my new MT

but...........................................
Old 08-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #13218
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Any MT guys jump their trucks? Even small stuff, whoops or whatever just light stuff... not like LT guys can do. LT is so sexy but MT is so much more practical I feel like.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #13219
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Any MT guys jump their trucks? Even small stuff, whoops or whatever just light stuff... not like LT guys can do. LT is so sexy but MT is so much more practical I feel like.

Products Discussed in this Thread