Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #13201
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Pretty sure it's 9.25 . It's what I have with something similar .
Are you running limit straps and/or taller than factory bumps? I've measured 10" on mine and that is without the bumps compressing. And I just have 5100's and LR UCA's. Bulhas measured 11.5" with his setup. I believe it is swayaway CO's, Icon UCA's and LCA's.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #13202
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah limit straps to TC's uniball specs and the TC bump stop puck . Icon lca ?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #13203
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah limit straps to TC's uniball specs and the TC bump stop puck . Icon lca ?
I mean TC... haha
Old 08-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #13204
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Thanks for the plug guys !!...

Just to be clear the commercial 1 ton flatbed S-10 is a factory SUA is more or less the holy graille of donor springs that i've found & in the 3 + years I've been doing this MOD I've only found 1 & it was featured on the first page of my thread & I spend alot of time looking too..

But as far as the MOD itself goes all you need to do is ask & I'll walk you thru it, step by step,cut by cut for the extremely high $$ of 0..

I've walked more than a few members thru it to get the results they want/need, & although I understand 3rd party aftermarket dealers need to make a profit (which is only right/only fair.

In my own opinion...THEY ARE ALL TOO HIGH IN PRICE !! So you have to take other things into consideration like quality/customer service (are they going to be there if something goes batshit on the customer) These things are huge in my book....

Heres a pic of tired, weak ,"normal" Toyota springs after a little help, not too bad at all really...

So, I did read through most of your thread and it definitely has good information. I am really looking forward to doing this but want to make sure I get the right parts (as cheap as possible). I have been looking around my area and the best I could find is this (which he doesn't say what it is from but has nice arc):
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4000625239.html

or a 1500-2500hd chevy in a junk yard near by. Out of your experience have you ever used a full sized truck spring (Silverado) or would I have to use one from a mid sized truck?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #13205
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I mean TC... haha
Stock length ? Their 2 over gets 11 and 3.5 13 . Both of you are 4x4 right .
Old 08-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #13206

Quote:
Stock length ? Their 2 over gets 11 and 3.5 13 . Both of you are 4x4 right .
Yep the stock length ones and yes both 4x4.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #13207
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Probably measuring wrong . Total chaos also claims 9.25 , what I measured.

I think the SDHQ truck is going to run RCD axels. So they might get a little more . I think this is the truck they were talking about a month ago .
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #13208

Quote:

I think the SDHQ truck is going to run RCD axels. So they might get a little more . I think this is the truck they were talking about a month ago .
Yeah, I don't know how Joe measured, but I tried to get as close to perfect on it as I could, but there is room for error in my measurements.

This was at full droop (center of hub to fender)

and this was on the bumps
Old 08-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #13209
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiManKolt View Post
So, I did read through most of your thread and it definitely has good information. I am really looking forward to doing this but want to make sure I get the right parts (as cheap as possible). I have been looking around my area and the best I could find is this (which he doesn't say what it is from but has nice arc):
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4000625239.html

or a 1500-2500hd chevy in a junk yard near by. Out of your experience have you ever used a full sized truck spring (Silverado) or would I have to use one from a mid sized truck?

Yeah the springs on CL you posted are for the front end only, probably too short...For the record I use springs off full sized trucks (1/2-3/4 ton)

Contact me either thru my thread or PM, lets take it out of Gabe's thread here.. (He might drive down to slap me around a little if we don't..)
Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #13210
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Haha . All good Doug . Set the man up with some springs !
Old 08-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #13211
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Yeah the springs on CL you posted are for the front end only, probably too short...For the record I use springs off full sized trucks (1/2-3/4 ton)

Contact me either thru my thread or PM, lets take it out of Gabe's thread here.. (He might drive down to slap me around a little if we don't..)
Ya, sorry gabe. I thought I would ask on here only because it sort of pertained to MT(ish) but I will definitely PM you and give his thread back lol.

I am definitely looking forward to contributing some photos here once I get mine installed (probably at the Sept 7th NW Mod Meet).
Old 08-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #13212
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
Are bypass shocks overkill on an MT truck even for the desert? I know they are worth it on LT depending on how hard you push it.
Not at all. Well Tuned travel can blow the doors off sloppy Long travel. Look at Dan Vance's 15" over Jono's 20+. Lot's of 1450 guys racing on TC gen 2 kits with 13". And stock full classes do pretty well too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
A properly tuned MT setup is as good as if not better than a non tuned LT setup
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
So have you tested travel numbers yet?
Not yet, waiting on RCV axles. Since stock are limiting factor

Quote:

Bingo
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #13213
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
So what's the bypasses in the back? 10s or 12s?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #13214
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So what's the bypasses in the back? 10s or 12s?
Ill have to measure them, but I believe they are 10's
Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #13215
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Ill have to measure them, but I believe they are 10's
Gotcha. Can't wait to see that finished
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #13216
cr500taco will become famous soon enough

Name: D
cr500taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A properly tuned MT setup is as good as if not better than a non tuned LT setup
Quote:
Not at all. Well Tuned travel can blow the doors off sloppy Long travel. Look at Dan Vance's 15" over Jono's 20+. Lot's of 1450 guys racing on TC gen 2 kits with 13". And stock full classes do pretty well too.
hmmmm..... always, thought it was just for looks and not practical functionally.
Didn't realize MT could be pushed hard enough. Looks like, I may have to consider spending more dollars down the road, depending on how hard I want to play.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #13217
cr500taco will become famous soon enough

Name: D
cr500taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Right now I'm at the preset preload on the coilover, so I'm only at 2"

The back is at around 4 unloaded; I'm not running the shackles right now

My front hub/ fender is 23" and the rear is 26" as it sits
Hey Kona, sorry just saw your reply to my post. thanks for the measurements.
I'll raise my truck up in the driveway with jack stands to see how it looks.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #13219
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ill just go ahead and leave this here then..

Should be on it's wheels Monday or Tuesday. Then off to paint

Thats TITS! I will take both the smoothies, secondary shock hoops UCA's and RR Icons CO's please....

Products Discussed in this Thread