Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #14001
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't kept up on here lately, are those 2.5's? I have the towers in my garage just waiting for me to get shocks and bumps.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #14002
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
So I figure this is good as any place to ask this question regarding coil overs.

I'm looking to get the Sway a Way 2.0 coil overs, and wanted to know if anyone knew the spring rate. I believe its #650, but not positive. So my question is would this be an appropriate spring rate for my truck?

I have a Regalar Cab 2nd gen, so 4 banger, but is heavier than most due to Bruteforce Hybrid, and a set of Relentless skids along with BAMF sliders. Currently running the 5100s with stock coils at 1.75".

And one more question, I know it wouldn't qualify as mid travel, but I don't really want to replace the UCA's if necessary because of $$, so will I be alright running the Saw 2.0's as long as I'm not above about 2.5" of lift with stock UCA's?

I'm doing this in order to prepare to run 255/85/16's once I need new tires.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #14003
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortlie09 View Post
So I figure this is good as any place to ask this question regarding coil overs.

I'm looking to get the Sway a Way 2.0 coil overs, and wanted to know if anyone knew the spring rate. I believe its #650, but not positive. So my question is would this be an appropriate spring rate for my truck?

I have a Regalar Cab 2nd gen, so 4 banger, but is heavier than most due to Bruteforce Hybrid, and a set of Relentless skids along with BAMF sliders. Currently running the 5100s with stock coils at 1.75".

And one more question, I know it wouldn't qualify as mid travel, but I don't really want to replace the UCA's if necessary because of $$, so will I be alright running the Saw 2.0's as long as I'm not above about 2.5" of lift with stock UCA's?

Thanks in advance.
you MAY have to get different UCAs... regardless of mid travel or not... dont quote me... call up SDHQ they'll give you the run down and give a good expert opinion
Old 10-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #14004
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sway away has 650 stated on the website.
And yes, 650 should be good for the truck, and a little bit of armor

Thanks in advance.
Yeah, they'll work fine without new UCA's.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #14006
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
You heading down here to Ventura County area anytime soon I'm putting my sway away 2.5 for sale pretty soon I'll probably sell them for 400 but they do need a rebuild though
Old 10-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #14007
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
You heading down here to Ventura County area anytime soon I'm putting my sway away 2.5 for sale pretty soon I'll probably sell them for 400 but they do need a rebuild though
And thats an intriguing offer, but I doubt I'll be down there for a while. Possibly during the holiday season but I'm not even sure of that. Thanks though.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #14008
Nmwill is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
Ok help me out guys. My tuck is a dd I want to improve on road and off road ride. My "offroading" consists of some trails and rough forest service roads. I don't intend to ever beat on the truck. But I'm sure I'll end up doing some higher speed desert stuff. And I'd like to go faster down un maintained roads to get to my fishing/hunting spots. For the front. Either icon or king ext travel and tc upper arms. Do I need resi? I doubt I'll ever run the suspension hard for more then 10mins or so. And maybe 30 minutes of mild un maintained roads I already have wheelers front bumps. For the rear I'm going to do Ride rite bags with daystar cups. I'm torn between 5160's. and icon 2.0 resi and non resi. Whatcha guys think? I can weld and fab. But don't want to on the taco. Opinions guys? Main questions are. Do I need remote resis? And how much better are the icon 2.0's then the billy 5160's? And do I need those resi?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #14009
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmwill View Post
Ok help me out guys. My tuck is a dd I want to improve on road and off road ride. My "offroading" consists of some trails and rough forest service roads. I don't intend to ever beat on the truck. But I'm sure I'll end up doing some higher speed desert stuff. And I'd like to go faster down un maintained roads to get to my fishing/hunting spots. For the front. Either icon or king ext travel and tc upper arms. Do I need resi?
No, but if you ever pouch your truck harder then you think they could come in handy, plus resi's pull bitches
I doubt I'll ever run the suspension hard for more then 10mins or so. And maybe 30 minutes of mild un maintained roads I already have wheelers front bumps. For the rear I'm going to do Ride rite bags with daystar cups. I'm torn between 5160's. and icon 2.0 resi and non resi. Whatcha guys think? I can weld and fab. But don't want to on the taco. Opinions guys? Main questions are. Do I need remote resis? And how much better are the icon 2.0's then the billy 5160's? And do I need those resi?
Icon= faster is smoother, but something like a speed bump real slow will be stiff.
king/bilstein= slower is smoother to a point, but it's better for DD (IMO)
Old 10-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #14010

Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Icon= faster is smoother, but something like a speed bump real slow will be stiff.
Haha resi's=bitches . Ya I have the atvs for high speed. So kings sound better for dd? It spends 100hrs on the road to ever 2 off.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #14011
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I agree with the ICON statement. Faster is my speed and is my DD.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #14012
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha resi's=bitches . Ya I have the atvs for high speed. So kings sound better for dd? It spends 100hrs on the road to ever 2 off.
Whats wrong with my resi's?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #14013
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok help me out guys. My tuck is a dd I want to improve on road and off road ride. My "offroading" consists of some trails and rough forest service roads. I don't intend to ever beat on the truck. But I'm sure I'll end up doing some higher speed desert stuff. And I'd like to go faster down un maintained roads to get to my fishing/hunting spots. For the front. Either icon or king ext travel and tc upper arms. Do I need resi? I doubt I'll ever run the suspension hard for more then 10mins or so. And maybe 30 minutes of mild un maintained roads I already have wheelers front bumps. For the rear I'm going to do Ride rite bags with daystar cups. I'm torn between 5160's. and icon 2.0 resi and non resi. Whatcha guys think? I can weld and fab. But don't want to on the taco. Opinions guys? Main questions are. Do I need remote resis? And how much better are the icon 2.0's then the billy 5160's? And do I need those resi?
You should research digressive (icon) vs progressive (king) valving.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #14014
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Honestly, find local members with kings (or other co's with progressive valving) and find one with icons and ride with them, and see if you can drive a little and see which feels better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I agree with the ICON statement. Faster is my speed and is my DD.
How is it as a DD?
From what i know about valving it's slightly stiff, but it can't be worse than 5100's set at 2.5 on stock coils.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #14015
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I have the extended travel remote resis with the click to adjust. I find it is great for me. Been able to adjust the settings for stiffer and plusher with the turn of a dial...
Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #14016
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the extended travel remote resis with the click to adjust. I find it is great for me. Been able to adjust the settings for stiffer and plusher with the turn of a dial...
Ahh, MR. fancy pants.

yes, i'm just jealous i don't have CO's.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #14017
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
LOL - I like to do it right the first time.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #14019
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I saved up and waited for a deal . then worked out payment plan as I had the cash to lock in my deal.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #14020

Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man I'd love those.

Products Discussed in this Thread