Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel with BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #14001
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here tack weld their front adjustment cam's to keep them from moving?
Old 10-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #14002
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Anyone here tack weld their front adjustment cam's to keep them from moving?
Typical thing for LT guys to do, but you need to have heimed uppers so you can still adjust your alignment. Otherwise you will be grinding out those cam bolts all the time.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #14003
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Engage and a few others actually make cam eliminator kits.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #14004
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. Ill look around and see what I can find.

My issue; as well as others id assume. Is the gap that every freaking shop leaves inside the ears. They never use the right size adjuster, or just plain flatten the ears out. If you hit/bump anything hard enough they're going to move. Im on shop 6. Even with the replacement tabs offered there are still gaps. Even in a pic on wheelers site.

I was thinking a tack on the top/bottom so its no sweat to grind it off

Old 10-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #14005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Even with the replacement tabs offered there are still gaps. Even in a pic on wheelers site.

I was thinking a tack on the top/bottom so its no sweat to grind it off
First I've seen of that .. I haven't had any issues since adding the TC cam tabs
Old 10-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #14006
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if these will work for the front of my 4runner/1st gen? I'm assuming so since they are 6" travel and 19" extended. Also would I need anything besides the top hats to connect to the top eye and our coilover buckets up front? Thanks, I just want to make sure before I contact the guy.

Sway Away Race Runner Coil over shocks 6"

Good condition. Have scratches from mock up and being in the garage. Very clean only run for a few hundred miles on pavement and now changing my setup. 6" travel, 13" eye to eye collapsed and 19" extended.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #14007
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Anyone know if these will work for the front of my 4runner/1st gen? I'm assuming so since they are 6" travel and 19" extended. Also would I need anything besides the top hats to connect to the top eye and our coilover buckets up front? Thanks, I just want to make sure before I contact the guy.

6" travel, 13" eye to eye collapsed and 19" extended.

You'll need misalignment spacers top and bottom and springs. Collapsed length is too short for factory CV setup so you'll have to run some good bump stops. IIRC you can need 19.5" extended with OEM replacement shocks and over 20" extended with midtravel (aftermarket UCA).
Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #14008
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm sounds like too much work for what they are. Thanks Jason!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #14009
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd because I want to read more about the various mid travel set ups and their pros/cons
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #14010
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
sub'd because I want to read more about the various mid travel set ups and their pros/cons
About time. Join the club
Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #14011
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
About time. Join the club
Better late than never
Quite the expensive club you guys got goin here
Old 10-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #14012
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Better late than never
Quite the expensive club you guys got goin here
It's all relative.
Start pricing out LT products and MT looks damn cheap!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #14013

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
It's all relative.
Start pricing out LT products and MT looks damn cheap!
Yeah I did that first

...then I came here

Wouldn't happen for a while, just installed my new suspension a few months ago
Old 10-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #14014
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah I did that first

...then I came here

Wouldn't happen for a while, just installed my new suspension a few months ago
Whatever you decide...I HIGHLY recommend any of your coilover/shock needs go through Downsouth Motorsports. Damn near unbeatable prices and unmatched customer service (not to mention free shipping). I've tried dealing with all the shock vendors that post in this thread and can tell you first hand that none of them compare.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:04 AM   #14015

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Whatever you decide...I HIGHLY recommend any of your coilover/shock needs go through Downsouth Motorsports. Damn near unbeatable prices and unmatched customer service (not to mention free shipping). I've tried dealing with all the shock vendors that post in this thread and can tell you first hand that none of them compare.
Oh definitely. DWM and Discount Tire are the 2 vendors that have my business unless something very drastic happens. Their customer service, prices and often times discounts/rebates are unbeatable
Old 10-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #14018
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if you can run fiberglass fenders up front with an All Pro Hybrid bumper?
Old 10-31-2013, 04:31 AM   #14019
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm sitting here at work I want to know the real travel number differences between a regular C/O and an extended travel C/O such as Icon. I've seen claims of a full inch as well as 5/8's of an inch. It almost seems negligible. I know you have to run aftermarket UCA's to run an ext. travel C/O and the benefits of running UCA's; also that’s what makes “mid travel” midtravel. I also understand that every bit of USABLE travel is a good thing but is that 5/8''-1’’ really that beneficial? I'm prepaired to be flamed but I want to hear some oppinions.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:50 AM   #14020
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
So I'm sitting here at work I want to know the real travel number differences between a regular C/O and an extended travel C/O such as Icon. I've seen claims of a full inch as well as 5/8's of an inch. It almost seems negligible. I know you have to run aftermarket UCA's to run an ext. travel C/O and the benefits of running UCA's; also that’s what makes “mid travel” midtravel. I also understand that every bit of USABLE travel is a good thing but is that 5/8''-1’’ really that beneficial? I'm prepaired to be flamed but I want to hear some oppinions.
Great questions!

I will climb into the flame pit with you! I claim ignorance to the Mid-travel thing! I am looking forward to getting info for my next suspension!

Thanks for asking!

Products Discussed in this Thread